One Complaint About GD3 Stamina seems to not count Topic

I would like to see a tweek on stamina so that it mattered "Slightly" more.
Right now it doesn't seem to matter much at all.   Maybe a 20 percent tweek so that at least some guys have to come out of the game more often.
          Either that or eliminate stamina all together if it isn't gonna matter much.

11/12/2013 7:52 AM
Posted by mojolad on 11/12/2013 7:52:00 AM (view original):
     I would like to see a tweek on stamina so that it mattered "Slightly" more.
Right now it doesn't seem to matter much at all.   Maybe a 20 percent tweek so that at least some guys have to come out of the game more often.
          Either that or eliminate stamina all together if it isn't gonna matter much.

I have included this point in my problems thread.
11/12/2013 12:20 PM
I'm not sure about this one.  I pummelled a team with only 4 DL's because they couldn't sub out and were playing in the 40's and 50's.  I'd be glad if they spent some time testing it, but I wouldn't want any knee-jerk changes unless they found it really had no impact.
11/12/2013 12:25 PM
            I too don't want a Major tweeking . But I would like to see it matter maybe 10 - 20 percent more than it does.
11/12/2013 2:55 PM
IMO, STA and fatigue need some serious adjustments.  I see no difference in play outcomes regardless of fatigue level.  Having said that, the teams I've played that had huge STA issues were going to be blowouts regardless.  I want to see different performance if a guy is at 100%, 90%, 80%, etc.  It brings depth and strategic use of players back into the game.  Right now, there is no incentive to build depth or recruit STA.  It's one less lever we have as coaches to manage our team.
11/12/2013 3:29 PM
I'm not sure that issue is with fatigue not affecting performance enough, or plays not causing enough fatigue.  Or how much stamina counts for.

My alt account, at Waynesburg in Bryant, has an OL with a STA of 34 that has played 91% of the snaps through 8 games.  They are all set to sub out at the default 85%

11/12/2013 5:44 PM (edited)
       Exactly. That's my point. To have a stamina of 34 and play 91 percent of the plays is rediculous.
11/12/2013 5:38 PM
Posted by mojolad on 11/12/2013 5:38:00 PM (view original):
       Exactly. That's my point. To have a stamina of 34 and play 91 percent of the plays is rediculous.
In an of itself, that's not ridiculous.  What's ridiculous is that he plays so close to his max performance that whole time.  We need players to fatigue faster and for fatigue to matter more in play outcomes.  Neither is happening right now.
11/12/2013 5:44 PM
Honestly, I'm kinda glad it's something I don't need to worry about..
11/12/2013 6:03 PM
Posted by slid64er on 11/12/2013 5:44:00 PM (view original):
In an of itself, that's not ridiculous.  What's ridiculous is that he plays so close to his max performance that whole time.  We need players to fatigue faster and for fatigue to matter more in play outcomes.  Neither is happening right now.
That's right. If a player is at 50 - 60 % of stamina, the results should show that they are getting the livin' you know what kicked out of them, but that doesn't always show up that way. It would be great to see in the line-up box next to the stamina % is the rating number they are playing at and watch to see if those numbers decline like the stamina declines - or if the other teams reserves are going in - what effect they have on play results.
11/12/2013 6:06 PM
If I remember correctly (but I'm old so I may be wrong), one of the things I miss most about GD1 was that stamina did count. I used to recruit players with high stamina, and I won a lot of games becuase my team performed better in the fourth quarter.
11/12/2013 10:53 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 11/12/2013 6:06:00 PM (view original):
That's right. If a player is at 50 - 60 % of stamina, the results should show that they are getting the livin' you know what kicked out of them, but that doesn't always show up that way. It would be great to see in the line-up box next to the stamina % is the rating number they are playing at and watch to see if those numbers decline like the stamina declines - or if the other teams reserves are going in - what effect they have on play results.
Don't confuse Stamina - the attribute - with Fatigue -  the "tiredness amount" in the game.  Stamina is supposed to determine how fast a player fatigues (and recovers from fatigue, if I recall correctly.)

11/12/2013 11:13 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 11/12/2013 11:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by katzphang88 on 11/12/2013 6:06:00 PM (view original):
Don't confuse Stamina - the attribute - with Fatigue -  the "tiredness amount" in the game.  Stamina is supposed to determine how fast a player fatigues (and recovers from fatigue, if I recall correctly.)

Yeah what I meant - but they go hand in hand. Right now if a player has Stamina of 40 vs another player of Stamina 80, they both seem to fatigue at a similar rate, rather than the player with 40 decreasing at twice the rate (therefor, much fewer plays) I think the difference in % playing time for my OL players in the beta for a similar difference was only about 5% for the entire season. This degree of fatigue should related to a corresponding decrease in other attirbutes as they get tired. and subsequent increase in the suckiness of their performance. Hence my desire to see how the engine calculates their ratings when they are tired.
11/13/2013 12:05 AM
               Perhaps you guys are saying it better than I did. But that is what i meant. It is fatigue that bothers me because it does not correlate to the stamina rating as Katzphang points out. A guy with a 34 stamina should "not" still be playing strong  when he should be ready for a heart attack by mid game to game end.
11/13/2013 5:17 AM
One Complaint About GD3 Stamina seems to not count Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.