Posted by samson75 on 11/26/2013 10:46:00 PM (view original):
Well, I have two things I would love to see mentioned but they are not game specific as much as game management specific.
- I would love to see a comprehensive guide to the game written by the developers explaining game mechanics. Why does this all need to be a guessing game? Why must coaches (customers) put together guides based on incomplete information for other coaches (customers) to try to make sense of a game that should be explained from the start?
- Why the silence from the powers that be in the forums? We are into real seasons and changes and tweaks are being made, and coaches have legitimate questions about game mechanics and there is nobody checking or responding in the forums. This would not be an issue if we had my first suggestion in place to reference, but since we don't, it would be nice if once a week someone checked in to let us know what is going on and to answer the ongoing questions about the game.
If nothing else is done to fix bugs, etc. At a MINIMUM, the developers need to explain to us how the engine works, so that we all have a basic understanding of how the various manipulations actually work.
1. Anatomy of a running play
2. Anatomy of a passing play
3. Anatomy of LBs set to line
4. Anatomy of LBS set to cover
5. Anatomy of a Blitz
6. How do the O line and D line interact....how does this interaction change when there is a 3 vs 4 vs 5 man Defensive Line setup?
7. How does pass coverage actually work? Man vs Zone? Safeties? Corners? LBs in cover?
8. In 2.0 it was explained (in simple terms) that a defensive setting of Always Run had the "real life effect" of moving your DBs/LBs closer to the line. Always Pass, had them well off the line. Is this still true in 3.0?
9. With the removal of TECH from WRs and DBs....what are the real attributes now that make for good players at those positions?
10. Explain these 'buckets" of talent a little more so that we might figure out which "bucket" our team fits into...AND, is it even possible for a low talent team to upset a high talent team?
11. Fatigue must be fixed.
12. I want to DESIGNATE my starters, just like in 2.0