THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

His High Holiness And Lordship Tom Brady can win Super Bowls with Arfy at halfback
1/31/2014 9:41 PM
Not if Eli is on the other team
1/31/2014 9:52 PM
I'm taking Denver.  Seattle has a great D, but Denver has too many weapons and Manning knows how to use them.  Also think that Wilson will struggle.
1/31/2014 10:19 PM
Posted by horvie78 on 1/31/2014 10:19:00 PM (view original):
I'm taking Denver.  Seattle has a great D, but Denver has too many weapons and Manning knows how to use them.  Also think that Wilson will struggle.
See, I really don't think Denver has a ton of weapons. I think that they have an injured Welker, your typical Stokely in Decker, that Manning gets the most out of and two great weapons. If Sherman guards D.Thomas and Kam Chancellor guards J. Thomas, I really think Denver will have problems throwing.

Seattle is probably the only team that has the corner, strong safety combo to do that. Plus, Seattle has a roaming linebacker underneath and Earl Thomas roaming back that most teams don't have.

It won't shock me if the Broncos win, because he is Peyton Manning, but the Seahawks have three Pro Bowlers in the secondary, and they are better than the Denver receivers. Manning is the X Factor, and if he plays as well as he ever has, the Broncos will win. If not, Seattle will.

1/31/2014 11:04 PM
Manning has to be patient and throw the short passes to the 4th and 5th option. If he tries to force deep balls and win the game by himself like he did in college, Denver is dead. If Manning goes down 5 times and is hurried 15 times, Seahawks likely win. If Manning has 4 seconds to throw, spreads the ball around to Thomas, Thomas, Welker Decker and Moreno for 5-8 yard gains, I think the Broncos win. The difference between the Choker Manning and his first Super Bowl win is that he was happy to throw to the wide open guy five yards downfield instead of double coverage 20 yards downfield. If Peytin has 4-5 seconds to throw and patience, I don't think you can stop Denver. They're also a good running team. Seattle has an average passing game. Wilson makes a couple of big plays and can run, but Seattle doesn't have the WRs or QB to throw 40 times without some INTs.
1/31/2014 11:24 PM
Seattle has an untested passing team, because they intend to run. If Percy Harvin plays all game, he will instantly be the best receiver in the game.
1/31/2014 11:38 PM
Posted by dublinuf on 12/9/2013 10:48:00 PM (view original):
So, now that all the logistics have been worked out with GD Support. We are going to take another pass at the Ultimate GD Reality Show Game. It will be a combination of Survivor, The Amazing Race & Big Brother. There will be lots of challenges. Lots of craziness and a few more bouts of craziness.

The game is designed to run with 40 players. Will change it to smaller if need be, but looking for 40.

I will be hosting along with redraider68 and stevedotdec. Looking forward to it. It should be fun.

SINCE WE ARE DOING A SERIES OF GAMES LINKED TOGETHER, OUR THEME WILL BE SERIES OF MOVIES LINKED TOGETHER. TO GET THIS STARTED YOU WILL BE DIVIDED INTO THE FOUR HOGWARTS TRIBES. JUST CALL ME THE SORTING HAT, B*TCH. (NOTE THE COMMA, i AM NOT YOUR SORTING HAT B*TCH)

You're biased, your opinion means nothing.  As does mine.
2/1/2014 6:17 AM
For the record, I am not predicting a winner. I don't pick Seahawks games.
2/1/2014 7:16 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 2/1/2014 7:16:00 AM (view original):
For the record, I am not predicting a winner. I don't pick Seahawks games.
If you can just enjoy tomorrow. I got comped a rainman suite in Vegas for the last Bears Super Bowl and my wife and I had a BLAST. Tons of great memories.
2/1/2014 11:58 AM
Dubs: Question on the first person to score prop. For a safety, how is that scored? Will we credit the person getting the sack? Will it count like an own goal, and the number of the person going down in the EZ will be the scorer?

The reason I ask is, if we go with the sacker, those are sometimes credited as half-sacks, which would be problematic. I realize it's unlikely this is a problem, but I figure we should have all bases covered.
2/1/2014 1:19 PM
It would be the sacker, if there is more than one guy, we will average their numbers
2/1/2014 1:26 PM
Posted by dublinuf on 2/1/2014 1:26:00 PM (view original):
It would be the sacker, if there is more than one guy, we will average their numbers
K thanks!
2/1/2014 1:55 PM
Posted by tropicana on 2/1/2014 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Dubs: Question on the first person to score prop. For a safety, how is that scored? Will we credit the person getting the sack? Will it count like an own goal, and the number of the person going down in the EZ will be the scorer?

The reason I ask is, if we go with the sacker, those are sometimes credited as half-sacks, which would be problematic. I realize it's unlikely this is a problem, but I figure we should have all bases covered.
So trop references an own goal.  A few days ago i saw someone reference Man City.  So clearly there are some soccer fans out there.

I've played about 6 challenges or so and only a single soccer challenge collectively.

Since i am not a host i know my opinion counts for zero, well actually less than zero in my case i think....

but i'm curious what the participants think.
2/1/2014 2:51 PM
Are you interested in a soccer challenge?

Votes: 25
(Last vote received: 2/2/2014 5:32 PM)
2/1/2014 2:52 PM
Only if it's a 'League of Legends Soccer Challenge"
2/1/2014 4:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...60|61|62|63|64...131 Next ▸
THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.