Did I miss a recent GD tweak to the engine? Topic

Hahahaha.  My QB went 3 for 23 for 19 yds in his bowl game.  The QB isn't exactly a slouch.

http://whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=4585192

http://whatifsports.com/gd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=8239920
12/31/2013 3:13 PM
A new release went out last night and it fixed the Play by play issues that we were seeing yesterday. 
Other things that were in the release were a slower recovery rate for fatigue. This is step one of revamping the existing fatigue system. This will make fatigue a more influential part of the game, but a newer model is being developed to handle a more nuanced approach to positional fatigue. Also, a slight increase in the percentage of deep passes and a slight decrease for percentage complete of short passes and a slight increase in the interception rates for shorter passes. Bug fixes for decline logic and play by play buffoonery and more

From oriole on the 27th.

That appears to be a little worse than a "slight" tweak. 
12/31/2013 3:23 PM
From what I have seen so far - this tweak set us back a coupla of months.
12/31/2013 3:49 PM
Man did you get screwd.
12/31/2013 4:25 PM
Well, I will say that the two games since that note ^ my 67% completion rate QB went down to 63% because of two sub-50% games.
12/31/2013 7:15 PM
This will make fatigue a more influential part of the game, but a newer model is being developed to handle a more nuanced approach to positional fatigue.

When I first read that sentence I thought it was about
postcoital fatigue. Sure got my attention!
1/1/2014 4:39 PM
There was another update? I'm in Div-II in Heisman league and got my arse handed to me 83-0 (I was previously unbeaten). I had 20 drives in the game and went 3 and out on every single drive except for 1, in which I got 1 first down (4-play drive). I got sacked 10 times for -65 yards (incl a safety) and ended up with just 26 yards of total offense. Meanwhille, my opponent had 767 yards of offense and had 1 or 2 play drives culminating in TD runs of 69 yards, 57 yards, 43 yards, 24 yards to name a few. I've never been beaten this bad ever in playing this game. Then, WIS ranks my opponent at #16 and me at #25 - huh? WTF is going on??
1/1/2014 10:59 PM (edited)
The new fatigue system makes a greater disparity between inferior teams / players and weaker ones
1/1/2014 11:19 PM
If that's the case, I might be in for a long rest of the season ...
1/1/2014 11:23 PM
Posted by pwiest on 1/1/2014 10:59:00 PM (view original):
There was another update? I'm in Div-II in Heisman league and got my arse handed to me 83-0 (I was previously unbeaten). I had 20 drives in the game and went 3 and out on every single drive except for 1, in which I got 1 first down (4-play drive). I got sacked 10 times for -65 yards (incl a safety) and ended up with just 26 yards of total offense. Meanwhille, my opponent had 767 yards of offense and had 1 or 2 play drives culminating in TD runs of 69 yards, 57 yards, 43 yards, 24 yards to name a few. I've never been beaten this bad ever in playing this game. Then, WIS ranks my opponent at #16 and me at #25 - huh? WTF is going on??
To be fair, fatigue or not, there is an enormous talent gap between your team and his.
1/2/2014 2:17 AM
Point taken helgi - thanks. I knew my team was less talented, but I've played against highly ranked teams before where I was significantly outmatched and never got completely shut down like that. Going 3 and out on every possession just seemed weird. Perhaps the matchup just worked in his favor. I'll take my beating and move on :)
1/2/2014 12:10 PM
Posted by pwiest on 1/2/2014 12:10:00 PM (view original):
Point taken helgi - thanks. I knew my team was less talented, but I've played against highly ranked teams before where I was significantly outmatched and never got completely shut down like that. Going 3 and out on every possession just seemed weird. Perhaps the matchup just worked in his favor. I'll take my beating and move on :)
That might've been an issue with v2.0.....

1/2/2014 1:09 PM
Well. I bounced back and just won my next game. So, I guess all hope isn't lost :)
1/2/2014 3:04 PM (edited)
So... short passes which spread offenses use in real life CONSTANTLY with completion % on those passes above 65% are needing to be nerfed and the hail mary plays need an increase in completion %?

Was there a statistical analysis that was performed in deciding this needed to be done?   Interceptions happen in the middle of the field... there are not a lot that are happening in very short to short passes because the ball is getting out too quickly for the defense to react.  If they do it is often off a tipped ball. 

One more bowl game tomorrow and I am done.  Give me a shout when beta becomes free again.  I paid $1 on this last season, and I kinda feel ripped off.  
Great idea.  Find the coding for V1 and just go back to that has to be on a floppy disk somewhere in Conte's old desk. 
1/3/2014 3:25 PM
The Stuff that makes the game suck

1/3/2014 10:51 PM
Did I miss a recent GD tweak to the engine? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.