i forget,

so during the season added people to watch list, now sims always open early. on most of my guys they are considering 3 sim teams. worth going after? dont remember if it becomes pointless to go after
1/4/2014 8:33 AM
also a few of the guys are from close best one is 7 miles away
1/4/2014 8:35 AM
depends on which division you are in i think.  d3 battles cost to much to do a lot.  d2 i will do a few battles.  d1aa and up it's all battles all the time lol
1/4/2014 9:03 AM
d3, but its not like the teams they are considering are that good. SO why are so so average sim teams getting the best guys?
1/4/2014 9:05 AM
Maybe they are just "best" players in your eyes. Or maybe your record isn't giving you great vision. I didn't look.
1/4/2014 9:25 AM
Okay, now I've looked. There are sims on those players because your team has the same vision as those "so so average" sims.
1/4/2014 9:27 AM
ok it worth battleing?
1/4/2014 9:36 AM
No. Not in dIII. Not with your vision. You can find equal undecided talent elsewhere.
1/4/2014 9:39 AM
Okay I feel foolish after reading this forum, especially considering I've played 2 seasons already. Can someone please explain "vision" to me. Thank you in advance.
1/15/2014 1:17 PM
I budget every year, so that I have a certain amount accounted for guys who are undecided (guys that I absolutely know I will sign). I then take what's left from that and use in battles. Usually, I use less than the average amount per scholarship for the guys who are undecided. Thus, in D2 you get 7k per scholarship. I'll average about 3k per non-battle scholarship. That gives me an extra 4k to use on guys who I need to battle for. 

I've lost very few recruiting battles with this strategy and I usually have solid classes according to Guess. I think it works well for a team that is trying to rebuild. 
1/15/2014 1:28 PM
Posted by blazinrocks on 1/15/2014 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Okay I feel foolish after reading this forum, especially considering I've played 2 seasons already. Can someone please explain "vision" to me. Thank you in advance.

This is a good thorough explanation

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=41&TopicID=451760&ThreadID=9780091#l_9780091

1/15/2014 1:50 PM
Posted by bobprobert on 1/4/2014 9:03:00 AM (view original):
depends on which division you are in i think.  d3 battles cost to much to do a lot.  d2 i will do a few battles.  d1aa and up it's all battles all the time lol
+1.  Perfect explanation.

1/15/2014 2:41 PM
Posted by yatzr on 1/15/2014 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by blazinrocks on 1/15/2014 1:17:00 PM (view original):

This is a good thorough explanation

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=41&TopicID=451760&ThreadID=9780091#l_9780091

Awesome thanks for the thorough explanation I do appreciate it, however I have one question and maybe I misunderstood.

It's extremely important to note right here that when you do a default recruit search (meaning you don't change the Division dropdown), those are all of the recruits that are in your vision.

I just want to clarify when you say "(meaning you don't change the Division dropdown)" do you mean leave it set at the specific division it defaults to, which is the division you are currently in or do you mean leave the dropdown set to "all" and those are the players within your vision?

Thanks again!

1/15/2014 3:12 PM
Leave it set at the division you are in.
1/15/2014 3:24 PM
Don't battle without a back-up plan make sure you have a full class and pick a few close ones that are significantly better than what you got and go for it. Also it is sometimes cheaper to look far away at an undecided than to battle for one close to home with similar ratings.  You'll be suprised by what you find sometimes.
1/15/2014 4:26 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.