WTF-Ticket Response Topic

I will update everyone as the response comes in I'm very curious as to how much impact Formation IQ has % wise in D1AA and up
1/10/2014 2:50 AM
Hey Jfootball88.  I just took over your team.      I havent played whatifsports in about 4 years.   Since when did Sim Ai's start getting that quality of players?  Back 4 years ago the only SIM AI teams with quality players were ones that were just ditched by users recently.    Another thing I noticed is that they were fresh for the majority of the game while your guys were fatigued a lot.    

Did you play an aggressive game plan?   I'm wondering if that is why your guys were more fatigued than the sim's?   
1/10/2014 6:07 AM
Well Shonmurphy, 4 years ago there were more players which means SIMS got their ***** kicked in recruiting so their talent was worse. Now you have less human coaches better SIM teams. I don't know if fatigue had anything to do with it as fatigue is a non factor at the moment it has no recourse as far as talent regression. I played fairly aggressive if not balanced that game and even tried run in the second half yet I threw another 3 interceptions with a top 4 QB. Pretty much led to my departure from Florida A&M.
1/10/2014 2:15 PM
HERE IT IS-
1/10/2014 10:03 PM
Jess,

There are so many variables involved in a single game, that you can't always draw meaningful conclusions from that game. For example, one team might in general win 90% of matchups against a certain team, but the one that actually happens in the GD season was the 10% chance, where the lesser team won. The same holds true for player performances, where players will have good games and bad games, sometimes even when it doesn't necessarily make much sense.

Over the course of a season though, performances will mostly match what is expected. The ones that don't can be chalked up to upsets, much like real life.
1/10/2014 10:04 PM
So I guess it's just random luck losing to inferior teams 3 times in 2 seasons hmm back to version 2.0 I guess lol
1/10/2014 10:05 PM
Well its good food for thought, just not much of an answer though.
1/10/2014 10:12 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 1/10/2014 10:04:00 PM (view original):
Jess,

There are so many variables involved in a single game, that you can't always draw meaningful conclusions from that game. For example, one team might in general win 90% of matchups against a certain team, but the one that actually happens in the GD season was the 10% chance, where the lesser team won. The same holds true for player performances, where players will have good games and bad games, sometimes even when it doesn't necessarily make much sense.

Over the course of a season though, performances will mostly match what is expected. The ones that don't can be chalked up to upsets, much like real life.
The problems with this kind of explaination is that each play is simmed separately. One play does not overlap into the next and set a much better player to lose the match-up for an entire game. Players do not "have a bad game". They may have a bad play, but the 90-10 argument doesn't hold for an entire game and an entire series of match-ups. To me it is just WIS's way of saying that we really don't have a clue to what the outcome of our engine will be and we just hope it works enough that people keep playing. Upsets in a computer game where numbers, not emotion, are the factors should be logical to understand, especially when the diferences were so huge as in jfootball's game. Close match-ups should go either way. 90 point differences should produce the 90-10 result. But throwing in the idea that for a whole game that much of a difference will throw the 10 instead of the 90 is absurd.
1/11/2014 12:28 AM
That response says that for all the things that changed...and all the things that looked good in beta, they were all thrown out the window and we largely have the same problems we had in 2.0. Why? Because they don't see them as problems.
1/11/2014 3:00 AM
The only thing I know is in V2 I rarely if ever lost to a team I should beat.I personally have been upset more in V3 in 2 seasons then 15 seasons in V2.I think the problem at D1 and D1AA definitely needs to change and quickly too.They need to calculate raw numbers diffently because they way they do it now sucks ***.To lose games at the higher levels because of luck or a bad game lol is complete crap.
1/11/2014 11:46 AM
Ive had a problem with the lack of interceptions. I can almost assure you im about to drop this game altogether. This game will be lsoing very strong coaches soon enough.
1/11/2014 3:03 PM
Posted by jaxbaker on 1/11/2014 11:46:00 AM (view original):
The only thing I know is in V2 I rarely if ever lost to a team I should beat.I personally have been upset more in V3 in 2 seasons then 15 seasons in V2.I think the problem at D1 and D1AA definitely needs to change and quickly too.They need to calculate raw numbers diffently because they way they do it now sucks ***.To lose games at the higher levels because of luck or a bad game lol is complete crap.
This is true.  My 13-0 #4 ranked D1AA team just got simmed today in the conference championship game.

Now, keep in mind....I'm intentionally trying to drive the wishbone to success, so I don't want to hear any bs from those that think I should have used different gameplans, etc....  I had already beaten this team once this season, although it was a close game from the stats perspective.  My team has STRUGGLED to beat most of the SIM teams that I've played this season.  I knew that I was lucky to have won probably 5 of those 13 games and that, eventually, my luck would run out.

The point:  talent matchups don't mean a pinch of crap at D1AA, IN MY OPINION.

Part of me is the competitor that says I can fix it and make the wishbone work, or, I'll switch up the formations and do something different in order to win and not have the SIM problem.  The other part of me says that the engine is all jacked up and I should just reduce to one team (from two) until it gets some needed improvements.  As it is now, the way the interface is set up, I can't create enough gameplans to run two different types of teams under the same ID anyway (which is STUPID).
1/11/2014 5:11 PM
Maybe v 2.0 used raw numbers and v 3.0 uses percentages. That would explain why DIII is significantly less prone to upsets then DIA/DIAA. Tho I would argue that outside of the bottom 20, there should be more at DIII.
1/11/2014 5:26 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 1/11/2014 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jaxbaker on 1/11/2014 11:46:00 AM (view original):
This is true.  My 13-0 #4 ranked D1AA team just got simmed today in the conference championship game.

Now, keep in mind....I'm intentionally trying to drive the wishbone to success, so I don't want to hear any bs from those that think I should have used different gameplans, etc....  I had already beaten this team once this season, although it was a close game from the stats perspective.  My team has STRUGGLED to beat most of the SIM teams that I've played this season.  I knew that I was lucky to have won probably 5 of those 13 games and that, eventually, my luck would run out.

The point:  talent matchups don't mean a pinch of crap at D1AA, IN MY OPINION.

Part of me is the competitor that says I can fix it and make the wishbone work, or, I'll switch up the formations and do something different in order to win and not have the SIM problem.  The other part of me says that the engine is all jacked up and I should just reduce to one team (from two) until it gets some needed improvements.  As it is now, the way the interface is set up, I can't create enough gameplans to run two different types of teams under the same ID anyway (which is STUPID).
I've lost two games in a row at Ithaca, in D3-- which, I may add, is a very good team.

One loss was to the #1 team.

One was to a completely sim roster. 

It's bullcrap and things like this that almost ruin my season entirely.
1/11/2014 11:12 PM
◂ Prev 123456
WTF-Ticket Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.