OT: Richard Sherman is my new favorite player!!! Topic

Posted by chaneyj2 on 1/20/2014 9:33:00 PM (view original):
He told a professional athlete to "LMB" (lick my.... you get the point) on national television. Completely classless
When did he say that on national TV? I did not see that.  What game was that? Do you have a link to that interview?
1/20/2014 9:39 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This has nothing to do with 49ers vs Seahawks. It was a great game and the better team won....This conversation is about individuals who tainted their own teams win. Such as Richard Sherman who's an embarrasament to his team and the NFL. The fact is he took all the attention away from his team and put it on himself he's a clown and moron.
1/20/2014 9:43 PM
Posted by The Taint on 1/20/2014 9:40:00 PM (view original):
He didn't say it, he said LOB.  Haters can't even get their **** straight, they just wanna hate.
that's what i thought. LEGION OF BOOM baby!!!!
1/20/2014 9:49 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 1/20/2014 9:43:00 PM (view original):
This has nothing to do with 49ers vs Seahawks. It was a great game and the better team won....This conversation is about individuals who tainted their own teams win. Such as Richard Sherman who's an embarrasament to his team and the NFL. The fact is he took all the attention away from his team and put it on himself he's a clown and moron.

Excerpt from San Jose Mercury News article;

Richard Sherman is everything one could want in a professional athlete. He is a walking example of the difference sports can make, of how one man can channel fierce intelligence and an almost frightening competitive fire into something productive and riveting. He is precisely the type of person you should cheer for.

Sherman graduated from Compton's Dominguez High School with straight-A grades -- better than straight-A grades, actually, thanks to all the advanced placement classes he insisted on taking. Raised by a father who works as a garbage man and a mother who teaches disabled children, Sherman chose to go to Stanford to play football because of its academic reputation. His charity, Blanket Coverage, is impressively specific: It focuses solely on providing school supplies for inner-city kids, making sure they have the most updated textbooks and materials. Unheralded by the pros after he requested, before his junior year, to be moved from the glamour position of wide receiver to cornerback, he has worked his way into one of the best corners by force of will. The man is a state of matter. He is absurdly smart. He is an inspiration. (Most of these details taken from this terrific Jon Wilner story in the San Jose Mercury News from September.)

It is amazing how ignorant people judge a book by its cover (or by it's 10 seconds on TV)

1/20/2014 9:51 PM
Posted by chalvorson on 1/20/2014 9:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jfootball88 on 1/20/2014 9:43:00 PM (view original):

Excerpt from San Jose Mercury News article;

Richard Sherman is everything one could want in a professional athlete. He is a walking example of the difference sports can make, of how one man can channel fierce intelligence and an almost frightening competitive fire into something productive and riveting. He is precisely the type of person you should cheer for.

Sherman graduated from Compton's Dominguez High School with straight-A grades -- better than straight-A grades, actually, thanks to all the advanced placement classes he insisted on taking. Raised by a father who works as a garbage man and a mother who teaches disabled children, Sherman chose to go to Stanford to play football because of its academic reputation. His charity, Blanket Coverage, is impressively specific: It focuses solely on providing school supplies for inner-city kids, making sure they have the most updated textbooks and materials. Unheralded by the pros after he requested, before his junior year, to be moved from the glamour position of wide receiver to cornerback, he has worked his way into one of the best corners by force of will. The man is a state of matter. He is absurdly smart. He is an inspiration. (Most of these details taken from this terrific Jon Wilner story in the San Jose Mercury News from September.)

It is amazing how ignorant people judge a book by its cover (or by it's 10 seconds on TV)

Sounds like a great guy who chose his words poorly when his motions were running high. We have all gotten caught up in the moment. Pretty embarrassing and classless imo. Be excited, talk about your team, hell, talk about yourself but to say what he did about crabtree...that's nothing but a classless move.

Nothing about that video tells me he is absurdly smart. At least, not in the universal sense. Probably the dumbest guy I knew as far as school/street smarts go had an unbelievable football IQ. A 3.9 from a high school in Compton nor a degree in communications doesn't tell me he's a genius either (no matter where the degree is from). It tells me that he has a work ethic, which in my eyes is a far greater trait to possess. 

Good people make mistakes. Smart people say dumb things. All I know is that interview is precisely why I love college football so much more than the NFL, and why I still go to games on friday nights. I was in a room filled with seahawk fans and every single one of them found it extremely embarrassing.

I wouldn't define the guy based off the interview, obviously he has a great story, but I also wouldn't try to class-up a classless act. 
1/20/2014 11:22 PM (edited)
^^^Amen enough said
1/21/2014 12:08 AM
The main gripe/moan that i have with the whole thing is your TEAM won the game.. thank your fans, your teammates, your coach, and your owner.  Leave the trash talk on the field.. why kick a man while he's down and to call someone mediocre/sorry on national tv?? smh.  Oh well, the niners will get to play the 2-3 times again next year.  karma's a *****.  maybe 1 of the little white guys on denver steps up and puts mr. sherman in his place (wouldn't that be funny, seeing him burnt by an undersized slow white guy)
1/21/2014 12:58 AM
Do NONE of you guys realise that what he said was when his emotions were higher than they'd probably ever been. He'd just reached his Nirvana (see what I did there?) Pathetic comments but justified in the heat of the moment. Got to give him a pass. Have none of you whiners ever regretted saying anything in the heat of emotion?
1/21/2014 1:26 AM
I love how everyone likes to excuse his actions or justify them. Yet he himself apologized admitted he was wrong so if he himself admitted there's no defense to justify it.

It's like a murder case where the guy commits the crime and admits to doing it case closed done deal. The fact that anyone is defending him is pathetic.
1/21/2014 2:05 AM
Posted by polarsi on 1/21/2014 1:26:00 AM (view original):
Do NONE of you guys realise that what he said was when his emotions were higher than they'd probably ever been. He'd just reached his Nirvana (see what I did there?) Pathetic comments but justified in the heat of the moment. Got to give him a pass. Have none of you whiners ever regretted saying anything in the heat of emotion?
Funny how Peyton Manning managed to keep his **** together during his postgame interview.
1/21/2014 2:22 AM
Posted by jfootball88 on 1/21/2014 2:05:00 AM (view original):
I love how everyone likes to excuse his actions or justify them. Yet he himself apologized admitted he was wrong so if he himself admitted there's no defense to justify it.

It's like a murder case where the guy commits the crime and admits to doing it case closed done deal. The fact that anyone is defending him is pathetic.
Below is the transcript of the interview. How is any of this offensive? Is he apologizing because he yelled? Really? That's what offends you? Fox wanted emotion that's why they ran up to the player who just won the game for them.

Comparing Sherman yellling to murder is a joke!

“Richard, let me ask you, the final play,” Andrews said. “Take me through it.”

“Well, I’m the best corner in the game!” Sherman shouted. “When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree that’s the result you’re gonna get! Don’t you ever talk about me!”

“Who was talking about you?” Andrews asked.

“Crabtree!” Sherman yelled. “Don’t you open your mouth about the best! Or I’m gonna shut it for you real quick! LOB!"
1/21/2014 6:11 AM
"Funny how Peyton Manning managed to keep his **** together during his postgame interview.Funny how Peyton Manning managed to keep his **** together during his postgame interview."

I don't remember Peyton playing on defence during the game winning play - get a life, there's way more important stuff going on than criticising him. Yeah it was over the top but that's why we love sport
1/21/2014 6:52 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
OT: Richard Sherman is my new favorite player!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.