every now and then I like to pose questions to analyze the games. At what point for sure can I say a recruit will stay and not switch. I know after the first day sometimes I can't even get recruited to take my call.
2/7/2014 5:40 AM
once he's green to you he would never switch to a SIM, but they can still be contacted and visit/be visted by coaches/teams that are human coached. There is a 48 hour period between first scouting  reports and first signings which is basically a feeding frenzy. Calmer waters after initial signing. Re phone calls etc, you have to be persistent. I have guys who have declined 5 campus visits but then accept the 6th for no apparent reason.
2/7/2014 6:27 AM
At what point do you start the recruiting process in general?  Do you start sending your scouts right after the job change period ends or do you have to wait until you get the "most wonderful time of the year" message signifying the beginning of the recruiting season?
2/7/2014 7:34 AM
You have to wait until the "most wonderful time of the year" message.  It typically starts at noon (EST), the day after new coach sign ups end.
2/7/2014 11:14 AM (edited)
Posted by jtd79 on 2/7/2014 8:49:00 AM (view original):
You have to wait until the "most wonderful time of the year" message.  It typically starts at noon (EST) on a Saturday, right after new coach sign up.
The first part of this is accurate.  The second is not.  Different worlds start their recruiting on different days.  Be sure to pay attention to the day that your world starts.
2/7/2014 9:18 AM
Loudawg is correct.  Edited my post ;-)
2/7/2014 11:14 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.