Game Situation SIM LOGIC - Administrators Topic

I am very frustrated by what happened in my game today.  With 0:13 to go in the 4th, tied 20-20...no timeouts...at the 14 yard lne going in..., I am supposed to stomach that my team would throw any pass short of the endzone?  That is a joke!

So my QB completes a pass for a 9 yard gain...allowing the clock to run out.  The game goes to OT...and of course we loose!!!  This should not happen.  I realize that the logic/engine isn't perfect.  But good grief!

Not to mention that I have one of the top kickers in Heisman.  Good Job UAB Coaching Staff!!!

Can we please take a look at situations like these?  Unless we are to believe that Les Miles is coaching in WIS...this shouldn't happen.  
2/7/2014 3:28 PM
Im assuming it checked to see if you had time to get the kicking team on w/o timeouts, that logic check = no so it simply ran your down/distance play call that you have set up in your playbook for tied/4th quarter.

Cant say I disagree with you in this situation, but it's also very specific and would require coaches to input the specific play that they would want called in this situation, not just randomly run a play where I can pass to someone in the end zone.  For me, I would rather it be a play I drew up.
2/7/2014 3:39 PM
What game plan did you have in place?  What are the settings for 2nd and 10 inside the 20?   If your play calling is set for SHORT passes, then it's going to look in the SHORT zone.   Which is exactly what happened.

Surely you don't want there to be situations where the engine ignores what's in your game plan?  Because you are sure to scream when THAT happens and you lose.
2/7/2014 3:40 PM
If jtd is right, the correct playcall is stop clock.  Then run the kicker out and win the game with a chip shot FG.  Right?

2/7/2014 4:08 PM
Killers is right, that is not the way any coach would have finished that game.

2/7/2014 4:09 PM
The clock was already stopped due to an incomplete pass on the previous play.  Perhaps the correct call would have been to kick instead of attempting another play.  But that still leaves time on the clock after the FG,  (8 seconds maybe, but still some)
2/7/2014 4:25 PM
That particular situation is an interesting one.  Its tough to "gameplan" for that exact situation.  In real life, with no timeouts and 13 seconds left.....what do you do?  Not enough time for a running play to the center of the field, spike it on 3rd, then kick a FG on 4th down.  Maybe throw a pass, but like the OP said...it HAS to be into the endzone....or you risk running out of time, which is what happened.  

So that leaves us with the only good option....kick the FG on 2nd down with 13 seconds left.

But....how do you gameplan for that exact situation?  I cant'.  You might be inside the 20, but you might be on the 19 or you might be on the 1.  In real life, that probably makes a difference.

It seems to me that the engine needs a bit of a logic tweak, to allow for a FG in that situation (not enough time to run a play, spike, then kick...so just kick).  
2/7/2014 6:05 PM
I was in similar situation but down by one. I threw into the end zone but was intercepted. It would be nice to have an option to kick a field goal if say under 30 sec.
2/7/2014 6:47 PM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 2/7/2014 6:47:00 PM (view original):
I was in similar situation but down by one. I threw into the end zone but was intercepted. It would be nice to have an option to kick a field goal if say under 30 sec.
This was a case of option F that was chosen to randomly finish the game-

F. Do a stupid *** play to end game which makes little sense so user will ***** and moan, post a thread on it and we (WIS staff) can get a good laugh instead of actually fixing the engine
2/8/2014 1:05 AM
Sometimes you winn, sometimes you loose.
2/8/2014 2:20 AM
Posted by potter444 on 2/8/2014 2:20:00 AM (view original):
Sometimes you winn, sometimes you loose.
lol i see what you did there
2/8/2014 7:49 AM
Game Situation SIM LOGIC - Administrators Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.