We have fixed most of the outstanding issues, with a few more to look into this weekend.  

Fixed -
Formations is fixed now and works properly
Depth charts is back to normal 
and Position Roles is back to normal 

On the top of my list to fix/add by next week are these.

Upcoming this week (thanks to cougdawk)
1. Playbooks import - I'll be adding that back in this week for those of you that use that within the playbooks. 
2. Playbook copy/paste - I'll be adding this back as well, but in a little different interface

I've read Bhazlewood's suggestions and will reply here since that thread got sidetracked. I'll be looking into the problems brought up on that thread as well, but I wanted to start a thread that would allow anyone with suggestions on updates to the INTERFACE to voice their opinions and see if I can get some of the better suggestions in this upcoming week. I'll be getting in as many of bhazlewoods suggestions as I can, so if you think you have something that you think would really help ease the understanding of this game, please post them here. 

List of changes per Bhazlewoods Suggestions -
1. Home Page - Add Signings being and conference game starts to the timeline
(Note: The invite friends is only there until there is a previous game, then that will go in that slot)

2. Coaching 101 - I will add tool tips for the concept words. 
 -  add a banner type message about DIII at the top being in beginner mode
- adjust the flow to follow the suggested flow. 

3. Roster - Interesting take on rest level. I'll try to reword that AND give it a tooltip to help explain
- Investigate adding primary rating to that chart. Shouldn't be hard. 

4. Practice Plan - Get everyone at WIS smaller monitors
 - I will update these  - for all positions, "general" should be changed to "balanced".  For QB, scrambling should be changed to running (if I want to run an option QB, that's not scrambling).  For Wide Receiver, "slot" should probably be changed to "possession".   For LB, "line" should be replaced with "run-oriented" and I would add an option for "blitzing".  For DB, add an option for "coverage".   
- Add accuracy for kicker

5. Depth Charts 
-Add tooltip for the short Name WR link (NOTE: it does something. It will reorder that row based on that rating. )

6. Playbooks
-Fix text issues on wizard

7. Formations
- add information about what each field is for.
(NOTE: Since you can edit all of the fields on this page, it was felt that allowing control of formations doesn't necessarily hinder the understanding of the game, therefore it is not restricted except in not being able to select position roles. Also, small bug in allowing DIII to still use some position roles sets that were previously set, will have fix soon.)

5/16/2014 4:09 PM
Put this on the backburner, as it's not needed. But at some point, could we have a scoreboard section specifically for the top25? 
5/16/2014 5:20 PM
At some point Id love to see role ratings implemented throughout the game in place of total points. It would add so much value to scouting a teams roster.
5/16/2014 5:29 PM
Let's have  "NONE" or check boxes to show active formations, as in v3. Do not force me into using 3 formations in a given situations. There was no need for this change.
5/16/2014 5:59 PM
I like the idea of being abule to talk to other conferences in chat but would like to see the conference teams at the same time as the chat.  Just like I would be going to the conference its self and begin chatting. Not going to one area to do the chat and then go to the conference its self to see the conference.

Can you set it up just to go to the conference to do the chat?

5/16/2014 6:57 PM
Posted by rlslmshdy on 5/16/2014 5:29:00 PM (view original):
At some point Id love to see role ratings implemented throughout the game in place of total points. It would add so much value to scouting a teams roster.
+1
5/16/2014 7:03 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 5/16/2014 7:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rlslmshdy on 5/16/2014 5:29:00 PM (view original):
+1
+1+1
5/16/2014 8:10 PM
I'd like to be able to change all of the  USER headings on the depth charts.  For example:  Instead of "OL User 1", I'd like to be able to call it "Inside Running" or whatever I want to call it.  

That would help me to remember what it is and maybe why I set it up the way I did.  LOL

5/16/2014 9:17 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Everything is working fine except that my defensive 4-3 default formation still shows Depth Chart User 2 on the DL which I have no access too. I will still be starting all my second string D Linemen and can't do anything to change it!
5/16/2014 10:23 PM
frankum out. Long live frankum.
5/16/2014 11:42 PM
The pre-game point spreads should be eliminated. No reason for them, and they are not accurate, anyway.
5/17/2014 12:46 AM (edited)
Frankum, get a life. Let's have at least one page that's all positive. The guy's listened and changed a bunch of things - PEACE!
5/17/2014 2:27 AM
Did you guys look into SIMs as to why there were so many upsets of far superior teams or just play way above themselves.
5/17/2014 7:58 AM
When modifying PLAYBOOKS, in each down/distance group you can have up to three formations with checkboxes to either have them active or inactive.

When making them INACTIVE, the run/pass distribution automatically changes to 0/100, then when you check the box again to make it ACTIVE, it defaults to 50/50.

Please fix it like it was in 2.0, so that we can check/uncheck and the % distribution remains the same and I don't have to remember what it was or go through the PITA of changing it over and over.
5/17/2014 9:09 AM
12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.