How many can you safely cut before your rep tanks?
6/21/2014 10:03 AM
Don't cut anyone that you yourself signed. If your rep is currently A+, cutting 3 players that the SIM originally signed will take it down to A-.
6/21/2014 10:19 AM
Posted by bjschumacher on 6/21/2014 10:19:00 AM (view original):
Don't cut anyone that you yourself signed. If your rep is currently A+, cutting 3 players that the SIM originally signed will take it down to A-.
If they are players you inherited, your rep should recover when the season rolls.
6/21/2014 7:46 PM
Last season I took over D1A Hawaii in Leahy. I had A+ rep at the time.

I cut three players and went down to A-. At rollover I only recovered to A. Being below A+ didn't seem to hurt me in recruiting.

I'm planning to cut another SimAI player or two during Leahy's next cut period, but I'm wary of taking a harder rep hit this time now that I've spent a full season with the team.
6/24/2014 12:45 AM
If the Sim players would never take the field for you, and it would help your team tremendously to have those 1-2 extra openings, I think it's worth it. Start by cutting one. If your rep stays at A, then I'd cut a second player. Your rep should then be back to A-. If it drops to A- after just one player, then stop there.
6/24/2014 6:47 AM
My rule of thumb is an inherited player will cost you one grade step (A+ to A, A to A-). One you OR YOU AC recruited will cost you two (A+ to A-, A- to B). You recover one grade step per season. DISCLAIMER: WIS appears to use actual percentage grades, then convert those to letter grades, so the RoT won't always be accurate, but it'll be close.
6/24/2014 9:33 AM
Posted by bjschumacher on 6/24/2014 6:47:00 AM (view original):
If the Sim players would never take the field for you, and it would help your team tremendously to have those 1-2 extra openings, I think it's worth it. Start by cutting one. If your rep stays at A, then I'd cut a second player. Your rep should then be back to A-. If it drops to A- after just one player, then stop there.
Solid strategy. I'll try to remember to come back here next week and share what happens to me with everyone.
6/24/2014 10:55 AM
I cut three players recruited by my AC and only went down a full letter grade from A to B. I was thinking I might drop all the way to a C. I do think they ding you more if you cut players signed directly by you.
6/24/2014 11:09 AM
You definitely get dinged more if you cut players you actually recruited.  I could be wrong but you may even get a little more of a ding on a sim recruit that you signed as comparted to a sim recruit singed by the previous coach.  Not totally sure on that though.  Heck, not totally sure on anything.
6/24/2014 11:12 AM
OK, I just finished my first season at Hawaii in Leahy. At season end my rep was A.

After the season, I cut two Sim-signed sophomores. After the first cut I was still A, after the second cut I was A-.

Leahy just rolled over, and my rep returned to A.
7/3/2014 12:22 AM
When can we actually cut players? Right after the championship game? I intended to cut players after last season and never saw those "rescind scholarship" links pop up, even though I know I saw them in prior seasons ... 
7/8/2014 3:51 PM
Posted by pwiest on 7/8/2014 3:51:00 PM (view original):
When can we actually cut players? Right after the championship game? I intended to cut players after last season and never saw those "rescind scholarship" links pop up, even though I know I saw them in prior seasons ... 
You can cut players during the coaching change period (the three days after the NC game).  The Rescind Scholarship links are on the Roster page.
7/8/2014 4:09 PM
Posted by mgm0461 on 7/8/2014 4:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pwiest on 7/8/2014 3:51:00 PM (view original):
You can cut players during the coaching change period (the three days after the NC game).  The Rescind Scholarship links are on the Roster page.
Perfect. Thank you!!
7/8/2014 8:23 PM
I posted a similar message on my conference message board, but thought I'd add it to the conversation here. So, I wanted to cut a couple of my players that were recruited by my AC. Prior to cuts, my reputation started at A+. When I cut the first player, reputation did not change. I waited a day and decided to cut another player. Reputation dropped to an A, which is what I expected might happen. The next day, one of my players (a Junior) emailed me stating that he is transferring due to lack of playing time. Reputation then shoots back up to an A+. So --- just wanted to post this bizarre sequence of events of how I cut two players and had one transfer (all relatively negative events for a coach in my mind) and my reputation essentially remained unchanged.
7/16/2014 11:15 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.