Recruiting viations Topic

So I experimented during recruiting with booster gifts. I offered one gift to five different players who were yellow and let things ride out from there. All five players declined the gifts. Two signed with me and three did not. I was investigated and found guilty (which makes sense). The wcaa determined that my ol would be suspended two days and my wr would be suspended indefinitely. The wr is no longer on my roster but it's still saying I have 50 players. My question is does he come back at the end of the year or is he gone forever? Also if he is gone do I get the roster spot back this year or do I wait till he would have graduated to get it back?
7/26/2014 3:57 PM
Posted by spcbuzzard on 7/26/2014 3:57:00 PM (view original):
So I experimented during recruiting with booster gifts. I offered one gift to five different players who were yellow and let things ride out from there. All five players declined the gifts. Two signed with me and three did not. I was investigated and found guilty (which makes sense). The wcaa determined that my ol would be suspended two days and my wr would be suspended indefinitely. The wr is no longer on my roster but it's still saying I have 50 players. My question is does he come back at the end of the year or is he gone forever? Also if he is gone do I get the roster spot back this year or do I wait till he would have graduated to get it back?
I believe he's gone forever.  If he is, you'll get the roster spot back when the season rolls over.  Until then, you have only 49 active players on your team.
7/26/2014 4:57 PM
Yes, in version 1.0, several of us made one account to test the effectiveness of booster gifts. Back then, they seemed to have no tangible positive effect, and inherent lead to negative results with suspensions over half the time. So, we gave up the experiment and moved on.
7/26/2014 8:59 PM
What is a recruiting "Viation" ?                                       Ok,    Ok, I was just teasing.  I know he meant violation.  
7/28/2014 2:18 PM
Posted by spcbuzzard on 7/26/2014 3:57:00 PM (view original):
So every player you gave a gift to was a violation?  What's the point of gifts if they never work?
8/6/2014 2:58 PM
No, I did 5 players with one violation each. 2 signed and I was penalized on each. None of the five accepted the gifts.
8/6/2014 6:39 PM
You should have searched the forums before trying it. I was tempted but after a quick search, about everybody said it was only a bad thing that doesn't help at all.
8/7/2014 6:39 PM
Great way to screw new players though
8/7/2014 8:10 PM
This seems like a bug to me. The player declines the gift and gets suspended anyway? How does that make sense?
8/7/2014 9:31 PM
Yeah no kidding.  And you're right Bob, new players don't know and get tempted to try it out and then get screwed and maybe quit Gridiron dynasty.  Makes alot of sense. 
8/7/2014 9:39 PM
I think I'd like to see the booster gifts create more "positive" advantage....but instead of being investigated......you just get "rumors".....maybe a little ding to reputation or something.  It would add some fun to the game, I think.
8/10/2014 3:56 PM
Back in Version 1.0, if you offered a booster gift to any recruit who had two "greedy" references in his scouting reports, they would usually accept, a little more than 50% of the time.  You were seldom investigated, and not always penalized if you were checked out.  It was a little extra fun to be had with willing recruits.  I think I offered 17 or 18, because there weren't many such recruits, and I only got probation once.  About par for those who taught me the tricks.

In V2, I think I tried it about 5 times, they seldom accepted (only once, I think), I got investigated twice and put on probation once. 

But V1, that was the good old days.  Back then, in addition to booster gifts being an occassional option, you knew what game plan you needed, what recruits you needed, you could build up war chests, and you could recruit players specifically to flip to another position.  It was a different game back then.  Oh, the fun we had. If V1 was still the engine, I would probably be coaching 10 teams.
8/13/2014 8:39 PM
Since getting busted on this my reputation tanked. Does reputation play any part in recruiting or is it just for getting jobs?
8/15/2014 7:00 PM
Posted by spcbuzzard on 8/15/2014 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Since getting busted on this my reputation tanked. Does reputation play any part in recruiting or is it just for getting jobs?
Yes, it plays a part in recruiting, particularly in accepting PT and Start promises.  At lower levels, it's not too difficult to overcome. 
8/16/2014 11:01 AM
Recruiting viations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.