It's time again - Let's rate GD! RESULTS ARE IN! Topic

I gave it 2 stars.  The fancy new interface made things more difficult...and the game itself was not actually improved.  So....IMO, we got a bit more pain for no more gain.  I never played 1.0, but I liked 2.0.  It had some quirks and certainly a LOT to be fixed/tweaked.  But, not actually fixing anything with 3.0 just made the game worse IMO.  3.1 just plain ****** me off due to being "forced out" of my long time team that I started this game with.  At one point during 2.O, I was running 2 teams myself and co-coaching 2 or 3 others.  After this Heisman season is over, I'm dumping that team and will be down to just one.  
8/4/2014 6:04 PM
Posted by deenhorvie on 8/4/2014 11:32:00 AM (view original):
I gave 4 stars. I DO believe injuries should come back and stamina should really matter. As a coach in the real world I can promise you that those 2 things would make GD a lot more realistic, but I do believe it's the best version yet and I've player 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 & 3.1...
You have played all versions in 16 seasons? Yea right.
8/4/2014 7:41 PM
From one of the last Dev Chats, which seems like 3 years ago, it sounded like fixing the world chat screen would be an easy fix. Low hanging fruit, throw us a bone thing. Guess not.
8/4/2014 8:50 PM
Bring back Injuries, fix the Stamina issue, and bring back the starter check box!
8/5/2014 1:22 PM
Posted by fermor332002 on 8/4/2014 7:41:00 PM (view original):
I gave 4 stars. I DO believe injuries should come back and stamina should really matter. As a coach in the real world I can promise you that those 2 things would make GD a lot more realistic, but I do believe it's the best version yet and I've player 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 & 3.1...
LOL...Not all under deenhorvie. I coach that team with a friend. I played 1.0 3 seasons and couldn't handle the run first, run last game. I gave the game another shot a few seasons after 2.0 came out and have been around since. I like 3.1 better than any other version, though I do wish they would make 3 changes. 1: Realistic injuries  2: Realistic stamina  and 3: The ability to scrimmage our own teams, or maybe even any team that isn't in our conference or on our schedule. Does this satisfy you fermor? ;)
8/6/2014 12:01 PM
Hey coach, I knew that was you cocoaching, don't know why fermor couldn't figure it out.  Guess he hasn't been around as long as some of us.  
8/6/2014 1:41 PM
Posted by coach_deen on 8/6/2014 12:01:00 PM (view original):
LOL...Not all under deenhorvie. I coach that team with a friend. I played 1.0 3 seasons and couldn't handle the run first, run last game. I gave the game another shot a few seasons after 2.0 came out and have been around since. I like 3.1 better than any other version, though I do wish they would make 3 changes. 1: Realistic injuries  2: Realistic stamina  and 3: The ability to scrimmage our own teams, or maybe even any team that isn't in our conference or on our schedule. Does this satisfy you fermor? ;)
I've played a few seasons in each iteration as well. I didn't like the fact that you had to run the bone or me box to have success. I like this version more but there need to be changes made. I'd like too see a full 80 man roster. Maybe give 5 extra a hollies per team per year for 4 years. That would bring us up to 70.
8/6/2014 8:05 PM
Posted by spcbuzzard on 8/6/2014 8:05:00 PM (view original):
I've played a few seasons in each iteration as well. I didn't like the fact that you had to run the bone or me box to have success. I like this version more but there need to be changes made. I'd like too see a full 80 man roster. Maybe give 5 extra a hollies per team per year for 4 years. That would bring us up to 70.
People keep bringing expanded rosters up and I don't see how this would help the game. If everyone has to make decisions on how to balance their roster, that is part of the strategy. If everyone could have all the players they want - how would this give anyone a benefit? I also can't see recruiting 20 players each season. Also  - if anyone can't win with 50 what makes it possible that they could win with 80? The better players would still be able to recruit the extra 30 players better than the rest and the differences in win-loss wouldn't change. GD would have to expand the player pool by 60% and the high vision teams would still see more than the rest and elites would still pick off the top players.

If anything - we need to bring back injuries and have 2 - 3 players injured or playing with knocks and then see which teams can develop depth with rosters of 50.

8/7/2014 3:56 PM
See I look at the roster size as a reality thing. If you want to turn on injuries (which I'm for) then I say make them realistic as well. We need to loose some guys for the season, and have guys that just miss a half or so.

Most coaches are carrying 8-10 ol. If you get hit with two injuries on the ol it can be really hard to field a competitive team. Meanwhile if you look at real life no college in the country only has 10 ol. They'll run with 15 + guys, they may not dress all of them but they're on campus.
8/7/2014 8:30 PM
LOL I figured that. 
8/7/2014 9:35 PM
So....looks like about an average of 3 stars? (via eyeball method)
8/19/2014 9:08 AM
Posted by harriswb3 on 8/19/2014 9:08:00 AM (view original):
So....looks like about an average of 3 stars? (via eyeball method)
About 2.83 - Bells and whistles brought it up - maybe next time I'll divide  it by game engine and bells and whistles polls.
8/19/2014 12:07 PM
And divide by coaches who have played:

0-1 year
>1 but <5 years
>5 years

Or something along those lines.  It seems to me that the newer crowd likes it more than the older coaches.
8/19/2014 7:19 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 8/19/2014 7:19:00 PM (view original):
And divide by coaches who have played:

0-1 year
>1 but <5 years
>5 years

Or something along those lines.  It seems to me that the newer crowd likes it more than the older coaches.
8/19/2014 7:30 PM
◂ Prev 12
It's time again - Let's rate GD! RESULTS ARE IN! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.