Make Leahy Great Again Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You need to give a reason "why" someone will want to join Leahy instead of Wilkinson, besides "making them pay".

Why not move that passion to where there already is strong momentum and a media platform, and make Wilk even better?

7/3/2016 10:10 AM
You might find that you will be down to about 140 owners after the next rollover.
7/3/2016 10:44 AM
I applaud that you're protecting your world but Leahy will be here to stay and will be better eventually because we don't care what hall of famers predictions are. This is just the beginning. Funny how you put 1 star rating so nobody can see this but it will be built from within not from podcast, minupulation and by flocking what you have. We will be built by user owners that wants to build there own stamp on things. Sorry about it. **drops mic**
7/3/2016 3:00 PM
I admire what you're trying to do, but do you really need to succeed at someone else's expense? Can't I like both Wilkinson and Leahy? As far as the negative rating goes, it is not much of a barrier. Someone automatically does that to everything Ebel posts, so I already know how to get around it. Anybody who cares what you have to say, even if it's just to insult you, isn't going to be discouraged just because somebody else wants to shut you up.
7/3/2016 4:34 PM
Oh I like Wilkinson and what they do, anybody can like both. I just want Leahy to be the greatest ever. That's out of ambition. The people that play in wilkinson or that run it may think that's a shot at them. Which it kind of is but in a competitive way. "MLGA"
7/3/2016 5:29 PM
I'm in all the worlds. I'm not the only one either.
7/3/2016 10:04 PM
Alex, I do admire your passion and competitiveness, but Wilkinson was really never about making it the best world at the expense of others. It grew because several coaches there banded together to create a media experience that makes the game more enjoyable for all.

Not to discourage you, but there have been numerous "fill the world" campaigns that were not sustainable because there was nothing to make them stand out. Writing a few blogs is great, but by themselves are not enough. You're asking for coaches to join, but haven't shared anything about how Leahy will be better than Wilkinson.

I do hope you succeed in your quest, because I'm in Leahy as well. I would encourage you to look at what Wilkinson is doing and be humble enough to learn from those that have helped lead the building of the media content (cjsweat, justaguy). You'll find that they will be more than willing to offer their advice. Again, this is not to slam what you're doing. I'd like nothing better than for you to succeed and create an even better coaching experience than Wilkinson.
7/3/2016 11:30 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 7/3/2016 11:30:00 PM (view original):
Alex, I do admire your passion and competitiveness, but Wilkinson was really never about making it the best world at the expense of others. It grew because several coaches there banded together to create a media experience that makes the game more enjoyable for all.

Not to discourage you, but there have been numerous "fill the world" campaigns that were not sustainable because there was nothing to make them stand out. Writing a few blogs is great, but by themselves are not enough. You're asking for coaches to join, but haven't shared anything about how Leahy will be better than Wilkinson.

I do hope you succeed in your quest, because I'm in Leahy as well. I would encourage you to look at what Wilkinson is doing and be humble enough to learn from those that have helped lead the building of the media content (cjsweat, justaguy). You'll find that they will be more than willing to offer their advice. Again, this is not to slam what you're doing. I'd like nothing better than for you to succeed and create an even better coaching experience than Wilkinson.
Very well put. I just recently added another team and chose Warner. My reasoning was because of the activity at d2 in that world. I am however at d1aa and will move up to d1 at some point. Even though I'm not getting the benefit of the extra content that's being done at d2 I saw it as the most likely world to evolve into what wilkinson has turned into.

Now if if some other world, be it Hayes yost etc, had a group of coaches start doing what wilkinson has done then I would likely join that world. I guess my point is that at the current I would put wilkinson #1 and Warner #2 in regards to extra content provided by users. Until a group of coaches decides to push for another world to "fill up", or wis makes some changes, then I don't see any big changes in the population of worlds.
7/3/2016 11:54 PM
Alekxxx, you are not going to get any respect around here with less than 100 GD games under your belt. Give it up. Find someone with more experience to be your spokesman, and knock yourself out with the posts, blogs, coach of the year polls, interviews, etc.
7/4/2016 12:06 AM (edited)
I respect the other two guys. I like how you had to edit your post BJ. You should respect me because it's been only 7 seasons ever for me and I'm already taking down walls in the FCS level. Who takes an 0-13 D3 team there first season ever and turns them into a 9-4 team? Not bloating just saying your underestimating me and some are underestimating what I can do with Leahy.
7/4/2016 2:02 AM
OK, that does it. I should just get back in and take Texas State. Wait, it's a trap!
7/4/2016 11:52 AM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 7/4/2016 2:02:00 AM (view original):
I respect the other two guys. I like how you had to edit your post BJ. You should respect me because it's been only 7 seasons ever for me and I'm already taking down walls in the FCS level. Who takes an 0-13 D3 team there first season ever and turns them into a 9-4 team? Not bloating just saying your underestimating me and some are underestimating what I can do with Leahy.
Yes all these coaches who have been around forever and have been in every world have no idea what they are talking about. We have been around long enough to see worlds rise and fall and we know what makes a world successful. Stop trying to be like Trump. You aren't going to be able to come in here say some crazy stupid things and think it will get people join your world. Also taking a 0-13 D3 team and having them win 9 games means nothing. You don't even control 90% of the game at that level and you play SIMs for 98% of your schedule. You want people to respect you, you need to show respect and then earn it,
7/4/2016 12:38 PM
Already earned brotha. Sorry it took y'all 84 seasons to win something. And not only did I do that with D3, I've done the same with D2 and FCS schools so it's not by "accident". BJ come on and do it! How can you say you have to win certain amount of games to get respect. You're averaging .53% in total games! That's terrible especially with your experience. If you want grit, smack talk, competitiveness, desire to be better than everyone, new ways to make this game great, getting better and better each season with people that have their own identity and beliefs then come on to Leahy! Or sit back and enjoy it.
7/4/2016 12:49 PM
1234 Next ▸
Make Leahy Great Again Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.