Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

Posted by tylermathias on 7/20/2010 1:16:00 PM (view original):
I kind of like him as a 4/5, and he's young and should stay relatively cheap.

Rollins was never going to be more than a 4th or 5th OF for me.  Sasaki will be good, but I felt he was expendable.  Fairly low-risk acquisition of pitching depth, hopefully, since if things go right Rowand will slot in as a spot starter and injury insurance.
i traded that pitcher to him for my C that got ROTY last season, interesting move by patrick...
7/20/2010 1:53 PM
got a trade done that changes my landscape. i'll miss the 3b as i dont have anyone else like him in the farm, but the two pitchers werent vital to my future.

Nieves who i traded for isnt as good as Wiki, but he's not far off, and he's only 25
7/20/2010 1:55 PM

Well, I guess he acquired him when he had one pretty good and one pretty bad ML season, then he got another pretty bad one.  Add that to his apparent desire for a near-ML ready Setup A type, and I think the deal worked well for him.  That was my initial offer and there was no negotiation, he just accepted.

EDIT: I misunderstood.  Thought you were saying you traded him last year.  patrick has had him for all 3 ML seasons, obvi.

7/20/2010 2:01 PM (edited)
Sensible trade, VD.  Not sure if I'd have paid that much, but not unreasonable.
7/20/2010 2:01 PM
Posted by tylermathias on 7/20/2010 2:01:00 PM (view original):
the 3b is above average  at almost everything but not great, the SP's health rating worried me a bit, and the setup guy had real nice durability, but his splits made him expendable.

unfortunately nieves will probably play some OF for me, and my lack of focus on defense will continue. with dewitt being 33 or whatever and armas likely gone i simply had to have a big bat, and that nieves was 25 made it for me.

adding nieves to javier and dewitt (for another season or two) keeps the big 3 bat emphasis i like to have
7/20/2010 2:04 PM
Really hope someone signs one of my Type B's, or that 20/20 draft scouting will largely go to waste.
7/20/2010 2:05 PM
one of these seasons im going to have to rebuild in $, amazing it hasnt happened yet, the key has been that my pitching and hitting have been on different patterns as far as when they wanted big contracts
7/20/2010 2:14 PM
Posted by vandydave on 7/20/2010 2:05:00 PM (view original):
the 3b is above average  at almost everything but not great, the SP's health rating worried me a bit, and the setup guy had real nice durability, but his splits made him expendable.

unfortunately nieves will probably play some OF for me, and my lack of focus on defense will continue. with dewitt being 33 or whatever and armas likely gone i simply had to have a big bat, and that nieves was 25 made it for me.

adding nieves to javier and dewitt (for another season or two) keeps the big 3 bat emphasis i like to have
That was a great trade for you.  I am shocked that she traded him for so little.  In fact, if you are thinking of flipping him...
7/20/2010 2:17 PM
Yeah, I can't see it any more, but my first instinct was that was a steal for VD.
7/20/2010 2:23 PM
Upon further review, yeah, pretty much.  Although I probably like the 3B he gave up more than most would.
7/20/2010 2:25 PM
Posted by tisi29 on 7/20/2010 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 7/20/2010 2:05:00 PM (view original):

That was a great trade for you.  I am shocked that she traded him for so little.  In fact, if you are thinking of flipping him...
Yeah.  I really like that deal for VD.
7/20/2010 2:27 PM
nlmiller's vag is a gaping roast beef sandwich after only a few days back in $.

Good work team.
7/20/2010 2:28 PM
Posted by hugenuge42 on 7/20/2010 11:40:00 AM (view original):

And I've got two free midweek nights in vegas during September...guess where I'll be celebrating my birthday

upstairs at the Olympic Gardens?
7/20/2010 2:30 PM
I may turn into a rabid HBD spender.  This FA bidding stuff is kind of gambly and fun.
7/20/2010 2:49 PM
Heh. I'll soon need to start scouring what's left for a bench and potentially a modest lineup upgrade.
7/20/2010 2:52 PM
â—‚ Prev 1...441|442|443|444|445...1822 Next â–¸
Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.