Join or Die? Topic

The situation in Crum D3 is getting ugly.  We are approximately 25% human coaches and 75% SIM coaches.  A lot of human programs are getting stuck with lousy RPI and SOS #'s  because of this. 

I don't have any great solutions. I am starting to wonder if the remaining D3 humans need to pick 8-12 conferences to populate and go from there. I am open to suggestions, any ideas out there?

1/5/2013 8:22 PM
Join DII and make DII really populated.
1/5/2013 10:08 PM
Is this really just a 'frustration with your conference' post (in having 7 sims)? Because by quick estimation, after whatever DIII coaches left to move up to DII or left the world this offseason and before new owners can join, Crum has approximately 100 humans in DIII. That means let's say we have about 10 new coaches joining during signups - and the result is Crum is in the exact same group as every other world aside from Naismith and Wooden. What's so special about Crum? It's the same as every other world. Rupp, Smith, IBA, Allen, Knight, Crum and Phelan are all within 22 human coaches of each other, with Tark behind the rest with 280 openings in it. 

I'm not trying to insult anyone, but if you feel you need to be in a full human conference to be successful then by all means move; but don't use Sims' having losey RPIs and SOSs as an excuse. I just won the title with my conference's rpi as one of the worst in DIII because all our sims were down this season. I built the program up when the only bonus money coming in was one 1 and done NT appearance.  Again, not trying to be insulting and I hope I'm not coming off that way, but Crum's population is no different than any other world. If you want a human superconference, feel free to join one. If you want a heavily populated DIII world of great human coaches, add a team in Wooden. But if Crum's situation is "ugly," then which world outside of Naismith and Wooden isn't?
1/5/2013 10:54 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 1/5/2013 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Is this really just a 'frustration with your conference' post (in having 7 sims)? Because by quick estimation, after whatever DIII coaches left to move up to DII or left the world this offseason and before new owners can join, Crum has approximately 100 humans in DIII. That means let's say we have about 10 new coaches joining during signups - and the result is Crum is in the exact same group as every other world aside from Naismith and Wooden. What's so special about Crum? It's the same as every other world. Rupp, Smith, IBA, Allen, Knight, Crum and Phelan are all within 22 human coaches of each other, with Tark behind the rest with 280 openings in it. 

I'm not trying to insult anyone, but if you feel you need to be in a full human conference to be successful then by all means move; but don't use Sims' having losey RPIs and SOSs as an excuse. I just won the title with my conference's rpi as one of the worst in DIII because all our sims were down this season. I built the program up when the only bonus money coming in was one 1 and done NT appearance.  Again, not trying to be insulting and I hope I'm not coming off that way, but Crum's population is no different than any other world. If you want a human superconference, feel free to join one. If you want a heavily populated DIII world of great human coaches, add a team in Wooden. But if Crum's situation is "ugly," then which world outside of Naismith and Wooden isn't?
Nope, it was just a post to try and get some suggestions about what to do to improve the human situation in Crum. I know there are problems in other worlds, but since this is the Crum message board, I thought it was a good place to post my concerns about Crum. 

I don't feel I need a full human conference to be successful, but I think having a full or mostly full one helps because your RPI and SOS are better. Even if you schedule a very tough non-con schedule, having 300+RPI sim teams in your conference hurts your tournament seeding. 

My biggest wish would be for WIS/Fox to invest some money in marketing this game to people. It would be great if all worlds could be in demand like they used to be. 
1/6/2013 2:25 PM
"My biggest wish would be for WIS/Fox to invest some money in marketing this game to people. It would be great if all worlds could be in demand like they used to be"

+1

At least the one promotion they do is coming up in a couple months.
1/6/2013 5:08 PM
I know I had DII humans recruiting in DIII by taking the time to actually post in ever conference trying to move people up.  I let them know how I felt.  
1/6/2013 7:33 PM
Join or Die? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.