TO MANY PLAYERS THAT DESERVE TO GO INTO THE HALL, SPLIT THE VOTE SO NO ONE GETS IN...TOO MANY OWNERS DONT VOTE AND DONT CARE...SOME OWNERS NOMINATE PLAYERS THAT DONT DESERVE TO BE IN THE HALL, JUST BECAUSE THOSE PLAYERS HAVE PLAYED FOR THEIR TEAM.....IVE BEEN SENING IN TICKETS TO THE HEAD OFFICE, TO LET THE COMPUTER PICK HALL OF FAME MEMBERS FOR PAST 3 SEASONS...THEY ARE ALWAYS GONNA LOOK INTO IT....IF THINGS DONT CHANGE, IM OUT...ITS SUCH A SIMPLE PROBLEM TO FIX....I ADVISE EVERYONE TO SEND IN TICKETS...AND DROP HALF YOUR TEAMS IF YOU FEEL AS STRONGLY AS I DO ABOUT HOF
1/12/2012 10:18 AM
If you're going to quit over the HOF, I don't think you're that committed to your teams. 

Buh-bye.
1/12/2012 10:19 AM
Holy ****.  Now, that's funny.
1/12/2012 10:32 AM
In my opinion, the Hall of Fame works quite fine.  Join a world where people care to vote.  In the three worlds I'm in with HoF eligibles, we have players inducted every season, some getting as much as 26-27 votes.  Maybe the problem is with the world(s) you are in, and not with the Hall.
1/12/2012 1:34 PM
And there's no need to shout.  I'm sitting right here.
1/12/2012 2:06 PM
Studies have shown that when you type in all caps, people are actually less likely to read and comprehend what you're saying.
1/12/2012 5:47 PM
Posted by shobob on 1/12/2012 2:06:00 PM (view original):
And there's no need to shout.  I'm sitting right here.
He's very worked up. Shouting in that case is acceptable.
1/12/2012 6:45 PM
Probably not what the OP wants to hear, but this is going to get resolved in the next update. It will work identical to how we process non-votes for player awards.
1/13/2012 12:41 PM
Posted by patrickm885 on 1/13/2012 12:41:00 PM (view original):
Probably not what the OP wants to hear, but this is going to get resolved in the next update. It will work identical to how we process non-votes for player awards.
+1
1/13/2012 12:59 PM
Posted by patrickm885 on 1/13/2012 12:41:00 PM (view original):
How do you process non-votes for player awards?  I assume the system selects the best choice based on whatever formula/criteria.
I like that idea for HOF, but would that mean that every coach that doesn't vote will have the system vote for "the 5 best candidates"?  Or will it only vote for as many players as meet it's minimum criteria (i.e. is it possible the system will vote for no one, just 1, just 2, etc.)?
1/13/2012 1:37 PM
One could assume is Simmy nominated him that Simmy would vote for him. 
1/13/2012 1:46 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/13/2012 1:46:00 PM (view original):
One could assume is Simmy nominated him that Simmy would vote for him. 
I would hope that the logic is slightly more involed than that.  For example, an AI nominated guy with 501 HRs but otherwise mediocre career numbers should not necessarily get in over somebody else with superior career stats and awards but who failed to hit any of the AI-nomination threshholds.
1/13/2012 1:52 PM
My thought is, if Simmy is voting for 5 players for every coach that doesn't vote, the same 5 players are getting 5-20 (depending on the world) votes in a given year, and we'll end up with a lot of turds in the HOF's.  Coop would definitely have this problem, as it seems to me like we have about 12-15 people voting every year.  There would also need to be some mechanism to allow a coach to tell the system not to vote for them, in case they think that no one is worthy, as opposed to they just don't look at the HOF.
1/13/2012 2:04 PM
I previously suggested that at the beginning of the HOF voting process, we would be presented with who SIMMY is going to auomatically induct.  In addition to our being able to vote for other candidates, we would also have the ability to veto a SIMMY auto-pick.
1/13/2012 2:18 PM
That would remove my objection to a simmy auto vote.  I imagine that this would be a non issue for the worlds with high user participation for HoF voting though
1/13/2012 3:27 PM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.