Hall of Fame Positions Topic

I know it is purely comestic, but the positions the sim lists the Hall of Fame Nominees at is ridiculous.  I'm not sure if it uses their last position or the position that the sim is recommending at the age of 43, but it doesn't reflect the players career.  If we're going to go through the trouble of the Hall of Fame, going to go through the process of voting, can't we list the players at the position they played the most in their career? Every ballot looks like we only nominate first baseman, catchers, and right fielders.  If you do a little research or have been a long time owner in that world, you know those positions don't reflect their careers, but we all know most new owners (and probably most veterans of those worlds) aren't going to really put a lot of time into Hall of Fame voting.  It seems like such a simple thing, but I know nothing about programming so maybe I'm wrong.
5/7/2013 3:00 PM
This thread might be more effective if it had a more catchy title.
5/7/2013 9:12 PM
Another hall of fame suggestion: it'd be cool if on a player's card it said if he held any records in the world, either single season or career. That would def effect my voting.
5/9/2013 1:02 AM
Posted by dunkingchunk on 5/9/2013 1:02:00 AM (view original):
Another hall of fame suggestion: it'd be cool if on a player's card it said if he held any records in the world, either single season or career. That would def effect my voting.
Owners have asked at least a few times for a simple (maybe not-so-much for the programmers?)  bolded stat for any given season when leading the league in a given category, like the old Topps baseball cards used to do.

That would solve the issue you mention, as well as add a really nice feature that isn't solely a HOF improvement.
5/9/2013 5:35 AM
Hall of Fame Positions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.