Minimum Wage Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 6/12/2014 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/12/2014 3:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/12/2014 3:05:00 PM (view original):
A million dollars doesn't go just as far in every city in America.

The average person who makes $100K will value his next dollar less than the average person who makes $50K.

My favorite movie is Shawshank Redemption.

3 statements that don't relate to each other.
1.  True
2.  Bullshit
3.  If you say so

Anyhow, back to the point.   You can't say "20k guy values his dollar more than 40k guy.  And 40k values his dollar more than 400k guy" and so on down the line.   Individuals are individiuals with different financial situations/committments.    And the govt shouldn't try to group people for their tax committment either.   40k here isn't 40k there.  

FWIW, I'm not just talking out of my ***.  I've lived in every tax bracket over the last 16 years.  I value my dollar more now than I ever have and I'm a long way from my low point.   That's why I'm not interested in someone telling me how much I value my dollar.   Or telling anyone else how much their dollar is worth to them.    
You're still missing the point. In general, a person values dollars $1-50k more than they value the dollars they make above $300k.
Repeating something often enough does not necessarily make it true.

Especially when a confirmed moron says it.
6/12/2014 3:25 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/12/2014 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/12/2014 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 6/12/2014 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Whether or not I value my next dollar more than someone else is irrelevant.  I EARNED THAT DOLLAR.  I should get to keep it (or at least most of it).  I value every freakin' cent I earn, because it represents my WORK and my EFFORT.

if someone else earns their dollar, they ALSO should get to keep it (or at least most of it).  

It's when the government gives away money (which is, by extension, MY money) that people value money less, because to them, it's the same as the trophy that people get for finishing in last place.  It isn't valued, IT'S EXPECTED and therefore taken for granted.

The government is probably the WORST arbiter of how to handle money for the good of the collective.  
But you don't deserve to keep all of your money. Paying taxes is part of the deal. You get to live here, you pay taxes.
Couldn't one make the same argument for the lower class?  Paying the same relative rate of taxes as everybody else?

Give me an example of a plan that's revenue neutral, charges everyone the same rate, and doesn't dramatically raise taxes on he poor.
6/12/2014 3:25 PM
I think taint gave a good example earlier.   He values his first dollar because it pays the bills.  He values his last dollar because it's retirement money.   Is he wrong for planning on how his last dollar will be used?     Is his retirement less valuable than his today?   Isn't that for him to decide?
6/12/2014 3:26 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/12/2014 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/12/2014 3:22:00 PM (view original):

The average person who makes $100K will value his next dollar less than the average person who makes $50K.

1.  True
2.  Bullshit
3.  If you say so

Anyhow, back to the point.   You can't say "20k guy values his dollar more than 40k guy.  And 40k values his dollar more than 400k guy" and so on down the line.   Individuals are individiuals with different financial situations/committments.    And the govt shouldn't try to group people for their tax committment either.   40k here isn't 40k there.  

FWIW, I'm not just talking out of my ***.  I've lived in every tax bracket over the last 16 years.  I value my dollar more now than I ever have and I'm a long way from my low point.   That's why I'm not interested in someone telling me how much I value my dollar.   Or telling anyone else how much their dollar is worth to them.    
You're still missing the point. In general, a person values dollars $1-50k more than they value the dollars they make above $300k.
Repeating something often enough does not necessarily make it true.

Especially when a confirmed moron says it.

You obviously haven't read BL's Book of Debate.

1.  Repeat same thing over and over.
2.  Jump in air and click heels together.
3.  Everything that's been repeated over and over is now true.

6/12/2014 3:28 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/12/2014 3:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/12/2014 3:22:00 PM (view original):

1.  True
2.  Bullshit
3.  If you say so

I'm also not interested in telling any individual how to value their dollar.  I haven't done that.

#2 is a fact, Mike. Call it bullshit if you want, I don't know how you can argue against it.  And you haven't aside from just calling it "bullshit."
Yet you do.   "Take more from them because they'll miss it less" is definitely telling someone the value of their dollar.  

I suppose I could ask you to define "average" person.    But you'd still have to put them in a vacuum.   And, as we know, that's not where anyone resides.
Who, specifically, am I telling that to?
6/12/2014 3:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/12/2014 3:26:00 PM (view original):
I think taint gave a good example earlier.   He values his first dollar because it pays the bills.  He values his last dollar because it's retirement money.   Is he wrong for planning on how his last dollar will be used?     Is his retirement less valuable than his today?   Isn't that for him to decide?
I'm not telling taint how to value his dollar.  Why is this so difficult to understand?
6/12/2014 3:30 PM
Also I think it's cute that you act like a 10 year old girl when it comes to BL.  With your fingers in your ears yelling "you're stupid can't hear you you're stupid can't hear you la la la la la la la"
6/12/2014 3:31 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/12/2014 3:29:00 PM (view original):

1.  True
2.  Bullshit
3.  If you say so

I'm also not interested in telling any individual how to value their dollar.  I haven't done that.

#2 is a fact, Mike. Call it bullshit if you want, I don't know how you can argue against it.  And you haven't aside from just calling it "bullshit."
Yet you do.   "Take more from them because they'll miss it less" is definitely telling someone the value of their dollar.  

I suppose I could ask you to define "average" person.    But you'd still have to put them in a vacuum.   And, as we know, that's not where anyone resides.

Whoever you're referring to when you said "Tax them more because they'll miss it less."

So who are those people?

6/12/2014 3:31 PM
6/12/2014 3:32 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/12/2014 3:31:00 PM (view original):
Also I think it's cute that you act like a 10 year old girl when it comes to BL.  With your fingers in your ears yelling "you're stupid can't hear you you're stupid can't hear you la la la la la la la"
Not getting sucked into his internet dumbassery is cute?    Seek help. 
6/12/2014 3:32 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/12/2014 3:31:00 PM (view original):

1.  True
2.  Bullshit
3.  If you say so

Whoever you're referring to when you said "Tax them more because they'll miss it less."

So who are those people?

The average person who makes $1M will miss tax money less than the average person who makes $50,000.  So it makes sense, for the benefit of the country, that people who make $1M should be taxed at a higher rate.
6/12/2014 3:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/12/2014 3:32:00 PM (view original):
But yet you are.  That's what's funny.
6/12/2014 3:34 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/12/2014 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/12/2014 3:31:00 PM (view original):

1.  True
2.  Bullshit
3.  If you say so

So who are those people?

The average person who makes $1M will miss tax money less than the average person who makes $50,000.  So it makes sense, for the benefit of the country, that people who make $1M should be taxed at a higher rate.
How many "average" millionaires do you know?

Name names.
6/12/2014 3:34 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/12/2014 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/12/2014 3:32:00 PM (view original):
But yet you are.  That's what's funny.
Not really.  You're just carrying the torch for him. 
6/12/2014 3:35 PM
Mike Hunt
Seymour Butts
Alotta Fagina
Harry Balls
Mike Rotch
Homer Sexual
6/12/2014 3:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...58|59|60|61|62...127 Next ▸
Minimum Wage Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.