Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Again, I'm not saying, "everybody riot," or "rioting is good." I'm saying that sometimes extraordinary problems provoke extreme responses.

Being able to empathize with the oppressed and working towards a solution is a better way than blanket condemnation.
5/1/2015 7:59 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2015 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 5/1/2015 7:52:00 PM (view original):
Rioting is wrong....

This...this is the correct way... https://www.change.org/p/u-s-house-of-representatives-pass-the-michael-brown-jr-law-to-begin-equipping-police-with-body-cameras
Does that happen without the Ferguson riots?

Doubtful.
It was already happening in cities, counties, and states well before Ferguson. Did it take a riot to get police dash cams?
5/1/2015 8:02 PM
Are you under the impression that I'm saying a riot is always necessary? It's an extreme and mostly negative solution. But it does draw attention to a problem that is either being ignored or not solved through other means.
5/1/2015 8:27 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2015 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Are you under the impression that I'm saying a riot is always necessary? It's an extreme and mostly negative solution. But it does draw attention to a problem that is either being ignored or not solved through other means.
What half the country is seeing is a bunch of uneducated thugs that should be locked up... +1 for breaking black stereotypes. If you think the riots are HELPING the cause you are wrong. Blacks and whites are more divided now than 6 years ago.
5/1/2015 8:38 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2015 7:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 5/1/2015 7:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2015 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 5/1/2015 6:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2015 6:53:00 PM (view original):
I think we have to agree to disagree on this. Whether or not this specific case justifies rioting, there are scenarios where it is an acceptable means to an end.

You're a complete moron.

But, humor me.  What "scenarios" exist in which lawless behavior is "an acceptable means to an end" in America?
The Holy Week Riots.

From Lyndon Johnson:

"What did you expect? I don't know why we're so surprised. When you put your foot on a man's neck and hold him down for three hundred years, and then you let him up, what's he going to do? He's going to knock your block off."

The Civil Rights act of 1968 was a direct result of the riots.
Yeah, you're a moron.

There is no justification for lawless behavior in a civilized society.

But thanks for proving what I suspected all along.
Wait, what?

You asked for an example. I gave you one where riots directly lead to significant positive change and you ignore it. Good job.
Seriously.  How does one respond to a completely moronic claim such as "sometimes lawless behavior results in good things"?
5/1/2015 10:02 PM
Maybe like this: "Hey!  Remember when Hitler tried to kill all the Jews?  Now they have their own country!!  See how well that worked out for them?"
5/1/2015 10:04 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/1/2015 10:02:00 PM (view original):
I think we have to agree to disagree on this. Whether or not this specific case justifies rioting, there are scenarios where it is an acceptable means to an end.

You're a complete moron.

But, humor me.  What "scenarios" exist in which lawless behavior is "an acceptable means to an end" in America?
The Holy Week Riots.

From Lyndon Johnson:

"What did you expect? I don't know why we're so surprised. When you put your foot on a man's neck and hold him down for three hundred years, and then you let him up, what's he going to do? He's going to knock your block off."

Yeah, you're a moron.

Wait, what?

You asked for an example. I gave you one where riots directly lead to significant positive change and you ignore it. Good job.
Seriously.  How does one respond to a completely moronic claim such as "sometimes lawless behavior results in good things"?
How does one respond???

How about, "oh yeah, turns out that's true."
5/1/2015 10:24 PM
'the justice system is systematically racist!!' so let's riot so we can put 3 black cops in jail... that'll fix things
5/1/2015 10:25 PM

You're a complete moron.

The Holy Week Riots.

From Lyndon Johnson:

Yeah, you're a moron.

Hold on a minute.    The Civil Rights act was passed in 1964.    The riots in 1968 was a direct result of MLK's asassination.   WTF is BL talking about?

I mean, he's a ******* idiot and all, but is he really trying to say a riot 4 years in the future resulted in The Civil Rights act?
5/2/2015 7:36 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2015 10:24:00 PM (view original):

You're a complete moron.

The Holy Week Riots.

From Lyndon Johnson:

Yeah, you're a moron.

Wait, what?

How does one respond???

I suppose I could do that.

If I were a moron.
5/2/2015 7:36 AM
HANG EM HIGH

TELEVIZE IT! RIGHT AFTER THE FIGHT TONITE!

THE COPS NEED A LILL FEAR
5/2/2015 8:22 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/2/2015 7:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2015 10:24:00 PM (view original):

You're a complete moron.

The Holy Week Riots.

From Lyndon Johnson:

Yeah, you're a moron.

Wait, what?

How does one respond???

I suppose I could do that.

If I were a moron.
It's kind of weird that you've gone into shutdown mode.
5/2/2015 9:10 AM
There is no way to respond to completely idiotic assertions beyond what I've already said.  And I'll say it again.

You want to call that "going into shutdown mode", be my guest.  And then you can continue to tell us how burning, looting and violence can be used for the common good in America.
5/2/2015 9:26 AM
There really is no limit to your stupidity, is there?
5/2/2015 9:27 AM
This might be the most stupid thing you've ever said in these forums.  And yet, at some point, you will find a way to even top this.

For God's sake.  Amazing.
5/2/2015 9:28 AM
◂ Prev 1...127|128|129|130|131...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.