LOL at this idiot Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 7/11/2015 11:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bheid408 on 7/11/2015 11:30:00 PM (view original):
So, if your Mom comes out of the closet and says the only reason she married your Father was because he was her best friend and she wasn't able to marry her gay girlfriend. The result, if she could have married her girlfriend, was that you wouldn't have been born. You see no harm in that? OK! You value your life as nothing. GOT IT!

So, you're saying that legalizing gay marriage will give closeted homosexuals the confidence to admit they are gay and, instead of marrying someone they don't love, they get to live the life they want to lead?

Seems like a good thing.
I agree with BL.

Shockingly.

I know plenty of heterosexual couples that choose not to have kids... I don't see any harm in that either.
7/12/2015 7:42 AM
AND EARWIG LOSES ANOTHER ONE.... QUIT WHILST YER STILL HAVE ONLY 2 ********
7/12/2015 7:50 AM
An article about incest, but relevant to this discussion.

“legalizing it would be too risky because it may incentivize it”
7/12/2015 8:16 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/12/2015 8:16:00 AM (view original):

From that same article...

"We need to start asking if it’s OK to limit someone’s freedom just because we have a ‘yuck’ response to it."

Are you OK with limiting freedoms because YOU think its (gay marriage, incest, etc) a bad choice?
7/12/2015 8:35 AM
As a single entity, gay marriage is harmless.   Bob and Dan around the corner getting hitched doesn't really affect anyone other than as an affront to their religious beliefs.   I imagine a polyamist marriage is the same.  Truth be told, a incestual marriage of gay or sterile consenting adults isn't going to harm anyone beyond those two, if them. 

In the big picture, all can create problems.  
Gays can't procreate which, I think, is one of the main reasons marriage came to being.   Of course, plenty of married couples choose not to and many unmarried couples are spitting out babies on the reg.  But there was a structure of family that worked for many years.  Maybe it's no longer necessary but maybe it is.  

Polygamy would create a clusterfuck of legal issues.  No point in listing them as I'm sure they're pretty apparent.  And the family structure that worked in the past is gone.

Finally, incestual marriage that can't produce children is always going to "feel" wrong.  But that's just us making judgements on the love between two consenting adults.   Which is pretty much what we did with gay marriage.

Again, one single marriage, or a few, isn't really an issue.   Widespread marriages of the above just might.   As panda says, we don't know.
7/12/2015 8:48 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 7/12/2015 7:50:00 AM (view original):
AND EARWIG LOSES ANOTHER ONE.... QUIT WHILST YER STILL HAVE ONLY 2 ********

WHERE'S YE MAMMY!?!??!?   I'M GONNA GIVE HER THE ABORTION SHE SHOULD HAVE HAD WHEN PREGGO WITH YE!!!!

7/12/2015 8:50 AM

And, of course, I probably shouldn't have used "always".   Because 30 years ago "always" would have been applicable to gay marriage.  

7/12/2015 8:50 AM
Posted by moy23 on 7/12/2015 8:35:00 AM (view original):

"We need to start asking if it’s OK to limit someone’s freedom just because we have a ‘yuck’ response to it."

Are you OK with limiting freedoms because YOU think its (gay marriage, incest, etc) a bad choice?
Nothing is being limited because I have a "yuck" response to it.

But if human society and culture as a whole frowns upon something, that needs to be taken into consideration and probably respected, regardless of whether you personally agree with it or not.  That's what being a part of a society is all about.

7/12/2015 9:15 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/12/2015 9:15:00 AM (view original):

But if human society and culture as a whole frowns upon something, that needs to be taken into consideration and probably respected, regardless of whether you personally agree with it or not.  That's what being a part of a society is all about.

So everyone should conform to society? So much for freedom of choice.

Gay people can now choose to get married, legally. They aren't hurting anybody. You should respect that... Or at least be tolerant of it.
7/12/2015 9:23 AM

Irrelevant. Gay not equal to invest.
7/12/2015 9:23 AM
Posted by moy23 on 7/12/2015 9:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/12/2015 9:15:00 AM (view original):

So everyone should conform to society? So much for freedom of choice.

Gay people can now choose to get married, legally. They aren't hurting anybody. You should respect that... Or at least be tolerant of it.
For ****'s sake.   How do you know "They aren't hurting anybody"?    Due to the years and years of data that's been compiled?   Because it's not hurting you?  Because you "feel" like they're not hurting anybody?
7/12/2015 9:25 AM
To be clear, I don't care about gay marriage.   Go for it.   But don't tell me it's not hurting anyone.   You don't know.   I don't know.  No one knows.
7/12/2015 9:25 AM

If you believe the "traditional" family unit, father/mother/child, is the best family unit, gay marriage is certainly hurting it.

If Bob and Ed get married in backwoods GA, adopt and send their kid to public school, I can pretty much guarantee that kid is going to get grief.   Is that "not hurting anybody"?

7/12/2015 9:28 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Lol
7/12/2015 9:59 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...20 Next ▸
LOL at this idiot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.