2016 Presidential Race Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 6/16/2016 12:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 6/16/2016 11:28:00 AM (view original):

Trump mulling launch of his own cable network

And there it is. The "why?"

Trump doesn't want to be president. He wants to run a media empire.

Hillary doesn't want to be president. She wants to keep the criminal Clinton Foundation going.
6/16/2016 12:45 PM
The difference is that Clinton will be president and Trump won't.
6/16/2016 1:14 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/16/2016 1:14:00 PM (view original):
She can then become the 1st President incarcerated. More History for her.
6/16/2016 2:08 PM
Posted by all3 on 6/16/2016 2:08:00 PM (view original):
You listen to too much talk radio. Clinton isn't going to prison. She won't be indicted. This is a non-story.
6/16/2016 2:09 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/16/2016 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 6/16/2016 2:08:00 PM (view original):
You listen to too much talk radio. Clinton isn't going to prison. She won't be indicted. This is a non-story.
Non-story? Wow, what rock do you live under? I'm not sure if your comments are dumber here or in the MLB threads.
6/16/2016 3:03 PM

(CNN)-

ISIS can draw on a "large cadre of Western fighters" that could attack in the U.S. and the terror threat posed by the group remains as dangerous as ever despite efforts to crush it militarily, the director of the CIA said Thursday.

"Unfortunately, despite all our progress against ISIL on the battlefield and in the financial realm, our efforts have not reduced the group's terrorism capability and global reach," CIA Director John Brennan testified to Congress using another acronym for the group.

6/16/2016 4:32 PM
This just says Obama has no plan, at best a bad plan.
6/16/2016 4:33 PM
Posted by moy23 on 6/16/2016 4:32:00 PM (view original):

(CNN)-

ISIS can draw on a "large cadre of Western fighters" that could attack in the U.S. and the terror threat posed by the group remains as dangerous as ever despite efforts to crush it militarily, the director of the CIA said Thursday.

"Unfortunately, despite all our progress against ISIL on the battlefield and in the financial realm, our efforts have not reduced the group's terrorism capability and global reach," CIA Director John Brennan testified to Congress using another acronym for the group.

Ultimately ISIL/ISIS operates because we really don't go after the Core of their support. And that'll never happen.
6/16/2016 5:11 PM
Tell us more.

6/16/2016 7:10 PM
Its complex.

Saudi Arabia - while an 'ally' of the US also teaches a strict Islamic belief system in their schools and mosques. That system is not really kind to anyone who is - not - Muslim and follows their tight, conservative interpretation of Islam. (For example, Israel is a frequent target of these teachings. We provide a lot of support to Israel. So its not a surprise that the 9/11 commission discovered that there were Saudi govt officials who gave direct aid to the terrorists.) So there are a lot of people in Saudi Arabia - many who are wealthy or influential people in the Middle East - that share the same ideology of these terrorists. Its been reported that that many of the ISIS recruits come from Saudi Arabia.

Now Saudi Arabia is actively fighting ISIS (and supposedly) Al Qaeda, but there are private elements that apparently funnel money to all these groups.

So do I think - ANY - prospective president will magically tell the Saudis to stop all this bullshit? No. They're all in bed with them. An there's a lot of Saudi money that flows into the US. Plus, that country is a pot that's always at a boil and the ruling class is always focused on keeping the lid on it. There could be even more issues if the ruling class cont thrown over. Decades and decades of conservative Islamic teaching - you think the new leaders are gonna suddenly forget about that? I think we've gotten past the point where anyone is naive enough to think we can 'plant the seeds of democracy' and everyone in the middle east will embrace it.
6/16/2016 7:40 PM
Hard to drop it in the Saudi's lap. We run clandestine operations all the time. I doubt we worry about our allies when we do.

The problem with terrorists is their mindset. Obama can yammer on about gun control all he wants. The ******** in Orlando was going to cause a lot of deaths because that's what he believed had to be done. In a non-ISIS massacre, the ******** in Sandy Hook was going to do the same thing. Same deal in Colorado. People with ****** up thoughts are going to do ****** up things. It's worse when they have a "cause" because they believe they believe they're doing it for a greater good. And they have no "base camp". You have to kill them one by one. And, because of due process, we're probably doing it AFTER they committed the crime.

Our government has to get off their *****, assess the problem and change some laws. I don't really care if a guy can only be on a "watch list" for so long. Make it a ******* lifetime. If you draw attention to yourself, deal with it. If you say "I'm going to kill Obama", I bet you're on a list for life. Do the same ******* thing for Ahmed when he threatens to blow up his school in 5th grade.

FWIW, I'm all for EXTREME gun laws regarding what we consider "assault weapons". Why do you want them? If it's not for self-protection, and I suggest a multi-shot shotgun is FAR MORE EFFICIENT for that, I don't really give a ****. We have "Assault Rifle Night" at gun shops around here. They rent you one and you shoot **** up while supervised. If that's your thing, good for you. You don't need a AR in your house.
6/16/2016 8:39 PM
Strange. I almost completely agree with you. This dude in Orlando was no different that the VA Tech shooter, the Colombine kids, etc. Just a disaffected guy who decided to be come a terrorist. You can fight ISIS all you want but it won't change that these things will go on. There will always be Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, etc.

****, what really ****** me off is they VALIDATE him by calling him an 'Islamic Extremist". He was a guy with parents from a foreign country that was insecure about his sexuality. You know, like DougOut.
6/16/2016 9:21 PM

Your hero without a gun
6/17/2016 4:42 PM
Did someone just hear something? Yeah, me neither.
6/17/2016 4:48 PM
I heard this: You are blocking the author of this post, DougOut.
6/17/2016 4:51 PM
◂ Prev 1...370|371|372|373|374...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.