Cresten and Swamphawk’s Shtickless Thread Topic

Stopped at what is now called the food court at Eastland Mall. Only 4 places...

The Chinese place is still great. Good taste at a good price. Not authentic by any stretch but still fun food. Drop in and Support that grand old lady of Eastside Malls!
2/17/2011 6:30 AM
Tried to do a Montecristo sandwich.

Just a glorified ham and cheese grilled, than dipped in batter and deep friend. Served with some sweet dip.

Batter was a little dense. Used a batter I usually use for fish.

Mixed up some berries into a dip. 2 cup berries, 1 cup sugar and let set in fridge for 1 hour. Berries break down. Heat in pot with cream and rum. bring to boil and let simmer until it thickens a bit.
3/14/2011 7:41 PM (edited)
Went to Gator Jakes today.

Good atmosphere, friendly staff and a crawfish ettoufee to die for.
2/22/2011 8:22 PM
The New Thai King opened on Mound in Sterling Heights and I decided to give it a try.

Really good food. Talky chef, I like that. Price is reasonable.

Will try again in a few days and see if it stands the test of time, lol!
3/3/2011 5:37 AM
Got to try the new cinnamon treats at Arbys. Super good.

On the flip side you can pass on the new Angus sub. It isnt bad, but it clearly isnt the best thing on the menu.
3/10/2011 12:55 AM
So I twisted my ankle last week and I took a few days off that ran into my regular days off so I had 4 days off in a row.

I came to realize that the problem with eating too much isnt based on commercials, seen a lot but ate very little. It is the access to food when you leave the house.

Restaurants have food, and they are supposed to. Gas stations have food an drink in large amounts. When I go to Walgreens they are always trying to sell me some candy bar when I leave that is on sale. When I was home no one bought a bunch of donuts and left them on the table, happens a lot at work. Comcast feeds you at meetings like they are afraid you might try to run away and they want you lethargic. When you shop on Friday afternoon someone tries to give you free food.

If I want to lose weight I may need to break a leg, and not just twist an ankle!
3/12/2011 3:38 AM
Tried the new Dogs at Sonic.

NY Dog...Great flavor.
Chicago Dog...Lots of flair. Dont like tomatos so it took  a bit away from me. And the peppers are a bit offputting.
All American...Not much special
Coney Island...Chili too aggressive.

The dogs the use are ok at best. Bread is good.

Not a bad idea. Add some fried cheescake and you have a real treat.
3/14/2011 7:44 PM
Invented a quick and easy snack. Got some of that egg beaters in a small carton. Put some of it on a paper plate, the better ones that support, and cook it for 1 minute. Mostly cooked but some liquid in center, distribute it over whole plate. Add chives and some cheese and cook for another minute.

Boom! Instant omlette!
3/16/2011 3:07 AM

Got some Mangos. Decided to get creative.

Cooked about 2 cups of rice. Added some cream and salt and got it warm. Added in about 4 shredded mangos and some diced ham.

I dont have a name for it yet, but I think it works.

3/18/2011 3:47 AM
Toss some diced ham and chives into Ramen noodles....Bang!
3/19/2011 3:04 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/14/2011 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Tried the new Dogs at Sonic.

NY Dog...Great flavor.
Chicago Dog...Lots of flair. Dont like tomatos so it took  a bit away from me. And the peppers are a bit offputting.
All American...Not much special
Coney Island...Chili too aggressive.

The dogs the use are ok at best. Bread is good.

Not a bad idea. Add some fried cheescake and you have a real treat.
All four at one sitting? No wonder you are such a fat ***! Also, if you do not like tomatoes and hot dog peppers why in the hell would you order one with them on it?
3/20/2011 4:29 PM
Actually it was over 2 days. I tried the Chicago dog as a service to my fans.

I like peppers, just not the peppers they had on. They were odd.
3/20/2011 5:53 PM
Oh yes of course, those strangely silent fans.
3/20/2011 6:59 PM
Posted by rcrusso on 3/20/2011 6:59:00 PM (view original):
Oh yes of course, those strangely silent fans.
Dude its a thread that only I am posting in...check the reads....I think after the big schtickless one it is second or third
3/21/2011 5:13 AM
Did the Big Boys all you can eat lent seafood special. The one at 14 and ryan.

Really bad.

Little choice. some very odd things like whole stewed onions. Pasta was dry with a few huge shrimp in it.
3/21/2011 5:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...39|40|41|42|43...47 Next ▸
Cresten and Swamphawk’s Shtickless Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.