Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

Posted by r0b0t on 1/25/2011 8:23:00 PM (view original):

I decided that I should take advantage of this weak stretch in Shtickless with my Montgomery squad.

I'll miss **** Bomber, but though Piedra and Ross were expendable.

Piedra is a filler until I get better prospects to replace him. Ross will step in to replace morrie at suB and Kim will close. I feel I got value back with **** bomber. Overall its more than I would have gotten had I let morrie go in fa next season. He will be missed.
1/25/2011 8:30 PM
Posted by r0b0t on 1/25/2011 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Also, I think my HR team will be very good. They're deep and flexible. A very strong and specialized bench.

If my pitching doesn't suck too much, they should be formidable.
I still am not sure the depth you are resting on these days is especially effective in the post-season...  we shall see.

The playoffs are still a crapshoot.  Most of the time, 75% of the final four is as it should be...  but probably only 25% of the time is the champion who it should be.

My HR team will compete for a WS as it usually does...  more than that remains to be seen.

I guess I figured I tend to get a defensive SS and a set-up pitcher in every draft. I'd get those guys back. I rationalized it more as **** Bomber for Keller.

And my training budget should keep him from deteriorating.

Posted by r0b0t on 1/25/2011 8:28:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I'd want to take **** Bomber along slowly so he could get as close to those 100/100 projections as possible.
Good thing I got $20 mil to get a solid HC for him.
1/25/2011 8:32 PM
Just got the complete series of The Wonder Years...  I am pretty excited.
1/25/2011 8:33 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by robusk on 1/25/2011 8:30:00 PM (view original):
Also, I think my HR team will be very good. They're deep and flexible. A very strong and specialized bench.

I still am not sure the depth you are resting on these days is especially effective in the post-season...  we shall see.

The playoffs are still a crapshoot.  Most of the time, 75% of the final four is as it should be...  but probably only 25% of the time is the champion who it should be.

My HR team will compete for a WS as it usually does...  more than that remains to be seen.
Last season was a 25%er.
1/25/2011 8:37 PM

I'll probably be one of the bye teams. I feel like I have more flexibility to aggressively pinch hit and double-switch. Tends to help in close games to have strong bats and sturdy gloves ready.
Posted by r0b0t on 1/25/2011 8:30:00 PM (view original):

I guess I figured I tend to get a defensive SS and a set-up pitcher in every draft. I'd get those guys back. I rationalized it more as **** Bomber for Keller.

And my training budget should keep him from deteriorating.

Morrie will make the biggest difference in the playoffs. Once he is in the game is a lock.

Even if he quickly declined (which he won't on your team) he'd still be better than any other closers in $.
The Disease will once again lose one of their better/best bitters to FA and likely struggle to hit the .500 mark
1/25/2011 8:41 PM
I've got about $14m to allocate to four positions on my ML team in $. I tend to take a niche player in the Rule V draft, so really I'll probably be splitting that money between two pitchers and a bat or vice versa.
1/25/2011 8:49 PM
Posted by vandydave on 1/25/2011 8:37:00 PM (view original):

Last season was a 25%er.
For sure.  You had the best team all along.
1/25/2011 8:53 PM
Posted by robusk on 1/25/2011 8:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by r0b0t on 1/25/2011 8:23:00 PM (view original):

I decided that I should take advantage of this weak stretch in Shtickless with my Montgomery squad.

I'll miss **** Bomber, but though Piedra and Ross were expendable.

I give moy the slight edge, but solid trade.  Good luck b0t.

moy:  He will be ready next season at the latest.
Bot really didn't need any of those guys he was trading. He has Tanner Miller plus another dh in the minors rated at 79 so j.b. was expendable. His ss is on the inactive roster and probably wouldn't crack the bigs this season with his roster. The rp is a dime a dozen.

Anything obviously helps my team but j.b. at dh will pair nice with Robin Leonard when he hits the bigs. Bot gets a big time upgrade in the bullpen. Works for both of us.
1/25/2011 8:57 PM
Posted by robusk on 1/25/2011 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 1/25/2011 8:37:00 PM (view original):

Last season was a 25%er.
For sure.  You had the best team all along.
Same with $. Mrfortune was a team of destiny.
1/25/2011 8:58 PM
I called tpete when I saw that mrfortune won the WS. He was upset.
1/25/2011 9:52 PM
â—‚ Prev 1...1381|1382|1383|1384|1385...1822 Next â–¸
Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.