What Is A "Fair Share" When It Comes To Taxes? Topic

7/31/2011 3:12 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 7/31/2011 1:13:00 PM (view original):
1 The "Rich" currently pay almost all of our governments bills.

2 We have alwas raised taxes to make the government do more. ALWAYS!

3 The idea that the first time we cut all these crucial programs will go away is a joke. We have fat and it needs to be cut. If your family income dropped 5% would you cancel your car insurance and stop going to the dentist or lower your cable package and eat out less?
Are you referring to GE who didn't pay any taxes and as a matter of fact got money back from the Govt.They are also moving their x-ray operation to China as a thank you to the good ole U.S. of A.
Hey, i know, you are referring to those 18,850 some companies that are declaring the Cayman Islands as their home companies office and pay no U.S. taxes. By the way, all 18,850 some are declaring their main office is in the same 2 story building!!
As far as car ins, the dentist and eating out goes, the only one who shouldn't eat out is you. As a matter of fact, you should stay away from the hog trough at home too!!
7/31/2011 3:40 PM
Posted by moosep on 7/31/2011 3:40:00 PM (view original):

3 The idea that the first time we cut all these crucial programs will go away is a joke. We have fat and it needs to be cut. If your family income dropped 5% would you cancel your car insurance and stop going to the dentist or lower your cable package and eat out less?
Are you referring to GE who didn't pay any taxes and as a matter of fact got money back from the Govt.They are also moving their x-ray operation to China as a thank you to the good ole U.S. of A.
Hey, i know, you are referring to those 18,850 some companies that are declaring the Cayman Islands as their home companies office and pay no U.S. taxes. By the way, all 18,850 some are declaring their main office is in the same 2 story building!!
As far as car ins, the dentist and eating out goes, the only one who shouldn't eat out is you. As a matter of fact, you should stay away from the hog trough at home too!!
See you want to make this personal. You want to make this "US Against Them". All those rich bastards stealing your life!

The fact is the top half of income earners pay for almost everything the government does. And they always will.

The question is how much free stuff the other half needs.
7/31/2011 3:52 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by swamphawk22 on 7/31/2011 3:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moosep on 7/31/2011 3:40:00 PM (view original):

See you want to make this personal. You want to make this "US Against Them". All those rich bastards stealing your life!

The fact is the top half of income earners pay for almost everything the government does. And they always will.

The question is how much free stuff the other half needs.
Free stuff? You mean the 2 trillion the govt stole (some use the word borrowed) from Social Security and don't plan to pay it back? What is my life?
7/31/2011 8:17 PM
The Government did steal it to support its out of control spending. We need a Federal Government that does what it was supposed to do.

It is so easy for a politician to get elected promising free stuff that the "Rich" will pay for.
8/1/2011 1:31 PM
Welfare is free, social security is paid for by payroll taxes. Medicaid is free. There are parts of medicare  I understand that you have to pay for.
8/1/2011 2:20 PM
Posted by moosep on 7/29/2011 12:26:00 PM (view original):
I think everyoneshould pay a flate rate. The only deductions would be for dependents. If you own rental property you could take out for money spent not depreciation. The same would be true for large companies.
Of course there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that any of this would come to pass because the politicians like to be in the contributors back pockets.
**** that deduction for dependents ****. 

Make everything a luxury tax.   Increase the cost of everything by 30%.   You spend more, you pay more.   Content to driver a 1982 GMC Pacer?  Buy it for $100 and pay $130.   Have to have the Lexus?   Pony up your $100,000 and pay $30k in taxes.   Same with every purchase even if it's baby food.

That's a fair share. 
8/1/2011 2:32 PM
A VAT should be progressive for the same reasons income tax should be progressive.
8/1/2011 2:57 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/1/2011 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moosep on 7/29/2011 12:26:00 PM (view original):
I think everyoneshould pay a flate rate. The only deductions would be for dependents. If you own rental property you could take out for money spent not depreciation. The same would be true for large companies.
Of course there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that any of this would come to pass because the politicians like to be in the contributors back pockets.
**** that deduction for dependents ****. 

Make everything a luxury tax.   Increase the cost of everything by 30%.   You spend more, you pay more.   Content to driver a 1982 GMC Pacer?  Buy it for $100 and pay $130.   Have to have the Lexus?   Pony up your $100,000 and pay $30k in taxes.   Same with every purchase even if it's baby food.

That's a fair share. 
Spoken from a man with no dependents. The object is that the really poor would get a tax break. Would you rather pay out food stamps or maybe you would rather have the children of the poor living out of garbage cans.
By the way, I don't want to hear anything about keeping it in their pants. The kids are already made you cannot reverse the process.
8/1/2011 3:23 PM
If you can't afford to have kids, don't ******* have them.    Just like buying a Lexus.   If you can't afford to pay the 30k in taxes, buy a goddam Yugo.

Don't give me "they're already made".   This is America.  Figure out your situation since you created it.
8/1/2011 3:39 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/1/2011 3:39:00 PM (view original):
If you can't afford to have kids, don't ******* have them.    Just like buying a Lexus.   If you can't afford to pay the 30k in taxes, buy a goddam Yugo.

Don't give me "they're already made".   This is America.  Figure out your situation since you created it.
What is your solution for a child already here that the parents cannot afford to feed and clothe?
8/1/2011 5:29 PM
Mike chases kids off his front lawn with a Rottweiler.

******* kid hating bastard! Children are the future!
8/1/2011 5:47 PM
Posted by moosep on 8/1/2011 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/1/2011 3:39:00 PM (view original):

What is your solution for a child already here that the parents cannot afford to feed and clothe?
Wards of the state.     As I said, you created your situation, you figure it out.   if you can't, give up the kids and figure out your fucked up life. 
8/1/2011 5:55 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...44 Next ▸
What Is A "Fair Share" When It Comes To Taxes? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.