What Is A "Fair Share" When It Comes To Taxes? Topic

SITE-MAIL HIM FOR DETAILS
9/7/2011 4:01 PM
Posted by moy23 on 9/7/2011 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by antonsirius on 9/7/2011 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 9/7/2011 2:21:00 PM (view original):
whatever anton. if you can't figure out the context of the statement because of the wasted spending example i guess I don't care if you take me seriously.
My point is, if your opinions are shaped by the 'information' sources who peddle that kind of dishonest idiocy then I think you need to re-examine both your sources and your opinions.
I'm sorry - Are you the opinion expert? How can I get those credentials?
I'll take that as a no, you won't be acknowledging that your opinions may be influenced by lies and misinformation.

Case in point:
Bottom line - If the government didn't waste so much money I bet you would find a lot more people willing to pay taxes..... and that includes republicans.
I'd counter by saying "If people weren't lied to repeatedly about what their money was actually being spent on, you might find more of them were willing to pay taxes."
9/7/2011 5:04 PM
I'd counter by saying "If people weren't lied to repeatedly about what their money was actually being spent on, you might find more of them were willing to pay taxes."

so if Bush had said "We are going to invade Iraq over Oil and for my buddy Dick's Haliburton shares" more people would be willing to pay taxes?

or if Obama says "I will create more Union Jobs with your tax dollars so I can capture more of the union votes next election" more people would be willing to pay taxes?
9/7/2011 5:20 PM
Or since I keep coming back to it.... if pelosi said she needed $30 million for field mice research so one of her largest campaign contributors would continue throwing money her way then people would be willing to pay more in taxes ;)
9/7/2011 5:39 PM
Or "we are going to spend your tax money on $6 rolls of toilet paper and $1000 hammers" and the tax payers will just line up to pay more in taxes for that truth, fo' sho'

The more I think about it... I totally agree with you Anton.
9/7/2011 6:02 PM
Posted by moy23 on 9/7/2011 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/7/2011 12:18:00 PM (view original):
No you wouldn't. 

First, people are stupid.  Many believe they don't get anything for their taxes.   Second, virtually everyone wants more disposable income.  Less taxes would accomplish that.
Really? They believe they don't get anything, ANYTHING, for their taxes. I doubt that. I would think most people 'that pay taxes' understand that's how municipalities are funded, libraries, the military, roads, schools, etc.... I don't think people are THAT stupid. I do think many tax payers, including myself, feel they are paying too much for too little.

I'm a fan of less taxes - but with the spending that has gone on since 2004ish we can't afford to reel in taxes until we get the spending under control. If that means less government jobs .... great.... a lot of those employees do a shifty job anyways. If it means no money for field mice research, great. You get the picture. If the deficit gets too large we will have riots in the streets just like Greece and France.... and that is something I do not want to see happen.

Yes, really.   As I said, people are stupid.  ANYTHING is, of course, an exaggeration.   But, if you listen to people, you'll find many of them don't understand how the infrastructure of the US is funded.  

9/7/2011 6:42 PM
Posted by moy23 on 9/7/2011 5:20:00 PM (view original):

so if Bush had said "We are going to invade Iraq over Oil and for my buddy Dick's Haliburton shares" more people would be willing to pay taxes?

or if Obama says "I will create more Union Jobs with your tax dollars so I can capture more of the union votes next election" more people would be willing to pay taxes?
Those just look like different lies to me. Try again, this time with actual examples of actual government spending.
9/8/2011 12:09 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by antonsirius on 9/8/2011 12:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 9/7/2011 5:20:00 PM (view original):

Those just look like different lies to me. Try again, this time with actual examples of actual government spending.
So politicians do not promote self-interests? That's a new one.

As for actual spending - can you provide what its actually spent? I'm looking out my office window at Wacker Drive here in Chicago. I wonder how much the fed gave the state to pay 5 construction workers to watch one construction worker actually do the work? How do you think this company landed the billion dollar contract from the state? I'm sure the state shopped around for the best deal cause the government always shops for the best deal.

edit: just to be clear...... ITS NOT ABOUT THE ******* FIELD MICE..... ITS ABOUT WASTEFUL SPENDING!!!!!
9/8/2011 1:15 PM (edited)
Besides.... imo if most politicians told the truth they'd probably be in jail.
9/8/2011 1:12 PM

It's what anton does.   He picks an irrelevant part of the point apart while ignoring the actual point.   Don't worry about it.  No one takes him seriously.

9/8/2011 2:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/8/2011 2:02:00 PM (view original):

It's what anton does.   He picks an irrelevant part of the point apart while ignoring the actual point.   Don't worry about it.  No one takes him seriously.

I take him very seriously, thank you very much.
9/8/2011 2:03 PM
9/8/2011 2:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/8/2011 2:02:00 PM (view original):

Plus he doesn't watch Fox. Which also makes him stupid.
9/8/2011 2:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/8/2011 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Mike, you make me sad to be a Yankees fan.  AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING.
9/8/2011 2:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...35|36|37|38|39...44 Next ▸
What Is A "Fair Share" When It Comes To Taxes? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.