Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
10/19/2012 12:04 PM
10/20/2012 8:04 AM
LOSING 750,000 JOBS A MONTH AT END OF DUBYA DEBACLE

GAINING 150,000-200,000 UNDER OUR SAVIOUR

10/20/2012 8:23 AM
There was a crash at the end of the Bush administration. Was not his fault but it did cause job loss. Through most of the Bush administration, and all of his administration under a Republican congress, the economy was rock solid.

Obama took over in a hole, and prceeded to keep us in the hole. Jobs are not even keeping up with population.

If this is saving us we need to redefine that word!
10/20/2012 7:47 PM
PAY UP!  

Give me my free teams!
10/20/2012 9:00 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/20/2012 7:47:00 PM (view original):
There was a crash at the end of the Bush administration. Was not his fault but it did cause job loss. Through most of the Bush administration, and all of his administration under a Republican congress, the economy was rock solid.

Obama took over in a hole, and prceeded to keep us in the hole. Jobs are not even keeping up with population.

I fail to see how you can say "Was not his fault"

Obviously the housing bubble was a big factor, and I'll admit that it's hard to pin THAT on Bush, but that wasn't the sole reason for the crash and recession.
Bush's spending was definitely a BIG part of the problem and that was no one's fault but his own.

10/20/2012 9:26 PM
2nd four years of Bush was terrible.... it was no wonder people were ready to vote for hope and change without a game plan. The lowest I've ever felt being american was when Bush, Obama, and McCain crammed that bailout bill down our throats. I remember telling my wife that exact same statement that day.

The wreckless spending is what concerned me then.... and concerns me even more with Obama.
10/20/2012 10:25 PM
Posted by gregsimon on 10/20/2012 9:26:00 PM (view original):

Obviously the housing bubble was a big factor, and I'll admit that it's hard to pin THAT on Bush, but that wasn't the sole reason for the crash and recession.
Bush's spending was definitely a BIG part of the problem and that was no one's fault but his own.

Spending added to the high debt, it didnt cause or really add to the crash.

The crash was based on the real estate bubble.

Less debt might have helped a little, but no that much.
10/20/2012 11:58 PM
10/25/2012 4:33 PM
10/25/2012 4:41 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/20/2012 11:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gregsimon on 10/20/2012 9:26:00 PM (view original):

Spending added to the high debt, it didnt cause or really add to the crash.

The crash was based on the real estate bubble.

Less debt might have helped a little, but no that much.
Not blaming Bush here, but the lack of regulatory oversight significantly contributed to the crash.

And if high spending didn't cause the crash (it didn't), high spending isn't slowing the economy down now (it isn't).
10/25/2012 4:47 PM
Reckless spending always hurts the economy, it just didnt cause the crash.

There is no specific policy of Bush that the left can point to and say "This caused the crash"

Not creating regulations to cover a new form of investment that no one saw as a problem isnt exactly a cause.
10/25/2012 5:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...170|171|172|173|174...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.