Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Hobby Lobby shouldn't get to decide what healthcare its employees have access to.
12/28/2012 10:00 AM
Business owners should not be forced by government legislation to violate their religious beliefs.
12/28/2012 10:29 AM
They aren't. Nobody is being forced to take contraceptives. On the contrary, the business is forcing its religious beliefs on its employees by refusing to follow the law and provide healthcare that includes medication the employees need.
12/28/2012 11:21 AM
First, I would assume that the 13,000 employees of Hobby Lobby are aware of the religious beliefs of the owners of the company.  It took me 5 seconds to get to their website via Google and see "religion" immediately,  Nobody is forcing them to work there if they are offended by said beliefs.

Second, how is Hobby Lobby "forcing it's religious beliefs on it's employees" by opposing Obamacare?

Third, it's not just contraceptives, it's also abortion.  Unless you've been living in a cave, that's a very hot-button topic.

12/28/2012 11:34 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
"That's not the way it works. Hobby Lobby is not a church. They can't require their employees adhere to their religious beliefs."

As I mentioned: 
I would assume that the 13,000 employees of Hobby Lobby are aware of the religious beliefs of the owners of the company.  It took me 5 seconds to get to their website via Google and see "religion" immediately,  Nobody is forcing them to work there if they are offended by or don't agree with said beliefs.

"They are refusing to comply with a law that requires employers to provide health insurance that covers all preventative care because they don't agree with medicine included in preventative care. There are some religions that consider chemotherapy a sin. Employers don't get to decide what medical care is and isn't acceptable for their employees."

Owners of privately owned businesses should not be forced by the federal government to violate their personal religious beliefs.

"I'm assuming you're referring to plan b pills and not actual abortions."

Correct.

12/28/2012 12:19 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
They are for those who have a problem with abortion.
12/28/2012 4:54 PM
The Plan B pill isn't abortion. It's a high dose birth control pill that delays ovulation or prevents an egg from implanting in the uterus. It does not terminate a pregnancy.
12/28/2012 4:59 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/28/2012 4:59:00 PM (view original):
The Plan B pill isn't abortion. It's a high dose birth control pill that delays ovulation or prevents an egg from implanting in the uterus. It does not terminate a pregnancy.
The Catholic Church and many Protestant churchs disagree with you.

So even the plan B pills are ok for you. Religious orginizations should be forced to pay for them?
12/28/2012 6:13 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/28/2012 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/28/2012 4:59:00 PM (view original):
The Catholic Church and many Protestant churchs disagree with you.

So even the plan B pills are ok for you. Religious orginizations should be forced to pay for them?
You can't abort a pregnancy until you are actually pregnant. You aren't pregnant until the egg implants in the uterus.

Companies are required to provide health insurance. Health insurance is required to cover all preventative care.
12/28/2012 6:21 PM
I believe that it is a pretty common Christian belief that life begins at conception and that occurs before the egg implants on the uterus.

Are you really trying to get out of this on a technicality?

And people call me crazy!
12/28/2012 6:25 PM
Christian beliefs aren't law. Plan B is available over the counter because it cannot terminate an established pregnancy. The American Medical Association defines abortion as any destruction of an embryo following its implantation.
12/28/2012 6:38 PM
And that has WHAT to do with Christian beliefs about life and conception?
12/28/2012 6:46 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/28/2012 6:38:00 PM (view original):
Christian beliefs aren't law. Plan B is available over the counter because it cannot terminate an established pregnancy. The American Medical Association defines abortion as any destruction of an embryo following its implantation.
And they changed the definition so drugs like this wouldnt be called abortion pills.
12/28/2012 9:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...178|179|180|181|182...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.