Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

I won't pretend to know.  I'm sure it has a lot more to do with how it's killed as opposed to who's killing it. 

Nonetheless, I think you're intentionally pretending to not understand what I'm saying.   I don't have a problem with the slaughter of chickens.  I'm not advocating that each chicken have 10 square feet of space to do chicken things.  I'm saying that they don't have to be mistreated, and I'm sure we've all seen videos of our future food being crippled, stomped, kicked, etc, etc, before slaughter.    That's what sets off the crazy ***, over the top animal activists.    And they're right.   Our future food can be treated humanely before it hits the plate.
2/21/2013 3:09 PM
TREAT ANIMALS HUMANELY?

IS THAT AN OXYMORON?
2/21/2013 3:24 PM
I realize that you are not the problem Mike.

I do think there is a problem. They have banned frois grois in certain areas in California. Not people decided not to eat it, the GOVERNMENT banned a food because some people are bothered by it.

The actual cruelty is part of the mass food process. It isnt intentional and it isnt common, but it does exist.

And if we try to stop it the single mother in Detroit will not be able to buy chicken for $.89 a pound.

Where is the bigger problem?
2/21/2013 4:43 PM
Single mothers are the bigger problem. 

As for frois gras, yeah, that's disturbing.  Human behavior is a problem.  I know I'm gonna sound like some hemp-sandal wearing lefty but we treat the earth, and everything on it, as our playground and toys.    Now I personally don't care what happens 500 years from now but we're creating a ******* nightmare for future generations.  But, since I don't care about that, I can care about how we treat animals.  Like a goose.   Do we really need to force feed a live animal so we can have a tasty treat?  How ******* far do we go?   What if chopping a leg of a live dog and eating it raw becomes a "thing"?   Will that be OK as long as we're feeding our fat bellies?    Shouldn't there be a line somewhere for our pleasures?
2/21/2013 5:05 PM
The actual cruelty is part of the mass food process. It isnt intentional and it isnt common, but it does exist.

And if we try to stop it the single mother in Detroit will not be able to buy chicken for $.89 a pound.

Mistreating animals has nothing to do with selling price. As a matter of fact, mistreating an animal will only result in damage to the meat of that animal once it reaches the slaughter plant. Damaged product raisies costs, it doesn't make it cheaper.

Tyson and other giant corporations raise animals in huge facilities and those animals are taken care of just as good as animals that are free-ranged. They get to live in a facility that is constantly monitored and adjusted to provide the best enviroment for that animal. It is always warm or cool, whatever the animal requires, they always have something to eat and drink, their feces fall thru openings in the floor so they aren't in contact with them, they get medication at the slightest hint of an onset of sickness or disease. One could argue that most animals in today's modern production facilities have it better that most humans.

The animal rights activists only want the general public to believe that modern animal production in todays world is wrong because they don't want anyone to eat meat. They think an animal is equal to a human. Animal cruelty should not be looked at as anything different than physical cruelty to a human. If that is abuse such as hitting or kicking or whatever then so be it., I agree, you should not do that to an animal as well but making an animal live in a pristine enviroment is not cruelty in anyway shape or form. It's just a total misconception that animal activists want everyone, who don't have a clue about animal production, to believe.
2/22/2013 12:41 PM
I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or telling me I'm nuts. 
2/22/2013 1:33 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 2/22/2013 12:41:00 PM (view original):

Mistreating animals has nothing to do with selling price. As a matter of fact, mistreating an animal will only result in damage to the meat of that animal once it reaches the slaughter plant. Damaged product raisies costs, it doesn't make it cheaper.

Tyson and other giant corporations raise animals in huge facilities and those animals are taken care of just as good as animals that are free-ranged. They get to live in a facility that is constantly monitored and adjusted to provide the best enviroment for that animal. It is always warm or cool, whatever the animal requires, they always have something to eat and drink, their feces fall thru openings in the floor so they aren't in contact with them, they get medication at the slightest hint of an onset of sickness or disease. One could argue that most animals in today's modern production facilities have it better that most humans.

The animal rights activists only want the general public to believe that modern animal production in todays world is wrong because they don't want anyone to eat meat. They think an animal is equal to a human. Animal cruelty should not be looked at as anything different than physical cruelty to a human. If that is abuse such as hitting or kicking or whatever then so be it., I agree, you should not do that to an animal as well but making an animal live in a pristine enviroment is not cruelty in anyway shape or form. It's just a total misconception that animal activists want everyone, who don't have a clue about animal production, to believe.
When I used the term cruelty I meant through the eyes of PETA, a mainstream animal rights group.

How do you feel about a GOVERNMENT ban on frois gras? What if there was a government ban on raising chickens like Tyson does? Or Kobe Beef? Or farm raised fish?

How would a single mother in Detroit deal with feeding her family then?
2/22/2013 1:50 PM
PETA is not mainstream.

Single mothers created their own situation.
2/22/2013 2:10 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 2/22/2013 12:41:00 PM (view original):

I have to disagree with your paragraph starting with "Tyson and other giant corporations..."

For example:

The broiler chicken industry produces 6 billion chickens a year for slaughter. This industry is ruled by only 60 companies which have created an oligopoly. Broiler chickens are selectively bred and genetically altered to produce bigger thighs and breasts, the parts in most demand. This breeding creates birds so heavy that their bones cannot support their weight, making it difficult for them to stand. The birds are bred to grow at an astonishing rate, reaching their market weight of 3 1/2 pounds in seven weeks. Broilers are raised in overcrowded broiler houses instead of cages to prevent the occurrence of bruised flesh which would make their meat undesirable. Their beaks and toes are cut off and the broiler houses are usually unlit to prevent fighting among the birds.
2/22/2013 2:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/22/2013 2:10:00 PM (view original):
PETA is not mainstream.

Single mothers created their own situation.
1 I guess the term mainstream is up for debate. PETA would seem to fit the bill though. They have public fundraisers and many fakous supporters.

2 I used a single mother to try to elicit some sympathy from the left. I will start to use mother of 3 children that is married to a man with a $22k a year job.

And look at Bad Break above me declaring Tyson a group of chicken tortureres!
2/22/2013 2:52 PM
1.  PETA is not mainstream.  If you're throwing paint on people wearing a fur coat, you're not mainstream.    Ever watch Whale Wars?   That's PETA on water. 

2.  If your man makes 22k a year, have less children.  WTF?  Seriously.
2/22/2013 2:58 PM
What if they are Catholic? Or Mormon or some other orthodix religion?

I can get them chicken for $.89 a pound unless we let Bad Break stop us!
2/22/2013 3:03 PM
Are you saying certain religions require you to ****?   Really?
2/22/2013 3:19 PM
MORMONS+ CATHOLICS **** LIKE RABBITS
2/22/2013 6:03 PM

Short strokes?

2/22/2013 6:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...192|193|194|195|196...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.