Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I do.

Do we have any voice left?

Do we have any choice? 

Is there some place we can hide for awhile before you destroy us?

What will you do with our children?

What price do we pay to satisfy your lust?
7/5/2014 5:41 PM
Die quickly
7/5/2014 6:57 PM
INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!
7/5/2014 7:00 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/5/2014 4:10:00 PM (view original):
And what the heck, let's just cut to the chase:

Are you a religious person?  Do you believe in God, or some other similar higher power?
Does it matter?
7/7/2014 2:18 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/5/2014 4:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/5/2014 4:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/5/2014 4:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/5/2014 3:34:00 PM (view original):
The government mandates that you pay your employees wages. And you offered healthcare (that covered contraception) prior to the health insurance mandate, when it was optional.

Again, please explain how your rights are violated when someone else buys something with money you gave them.

Because I don't think that they are. Just saying, "something violates my rights," doesn't make it true.
Way to avoid the question.

Again, I'll go back to my previous question that you also avoided answering: is paying an employee and subsidizing health insurance the same thing?
You're subsidizing birth control either way.
Way to avoid the question again.

Good job.

So, if wages are the same as subsidies, why does the government mandate that companies subsidize health insurance for their employees?  Why can't companies just give the subsidies directly to the employees as additional wages, so that the employee can do what they wish with the money?

I don't know why that isn't the way it works. I guess my question would be, why is that different? Employer pays someone money, that person uses some of that money to buy birth control. Or employer pays someone money, that person uses some of that money to buy birth control.

In both scenarios, how are the employer's rights being violated?
7/7/2014 2:22 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2014 2:18:00 PM (view original):

Are you a religious person?  Do you believe in God, or some other similar higher power?
Does it matter?
I think it does.
7/7/2014 3:31 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2014 2:22:00 PM (view original):
The government mandates that you pay your employees wages. And you offered healthcare (that covered contraception) prior to the health insurance mandate, when it was optional.

Again, please explain how your rights are violated when someone else buys something with money you gave them.

Because I don't think that they are. Just saying, "something violates my rights," doesn't make it true.

Again, I'll go back to my previous question that you also avoided answering: is paying an employee and subsidizing health insurance the same thing?

Good job.

So, if wages are the same as subsidies, why does the government mandate that companies subsidize health insurance for their employees?  Why can't companies just give the subsidies directly to the employees as additional wages, so that the employee can do what they wish with the money?

I don't know why that isn't the way it works. I guess my question would be, why is that different? Employer pays someone money, that person uses some of that money to buy birth control. Or employer pays someone money, that person uses some of that money to buy birth control.

It's different because it's two different things.

It's funny that you don't understand that.  Unless you're just trolling with your "I don't see a difference" schtick (which I think is probably the case).
7/7/2014 3:33 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/7/2014 3:31:00 PM (view original):

Does it matter?
I think it does.
Explain
7/7/2014 3:37 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/7/2014 3:33:00 PM (view original):

Good job.

It's funny that you don't understand that.  Unless you're just trolling with your "I don't see a difference" schtick (which I think is probably the case).
I just don't see how paying someone else and then them buying birth control that you don't use, violates your rights.

Forcing you to take or not to take birth control would violate your rights. Someone else taking birth control has nothing to do with your rights.
7/7/2014 3:41 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2014 3:37:00 PM (view original):

Does it matter?
I think it does.
Explain
You first.  Answer the questions.
7/7/2014 3:55 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2014 3:41:00 PM (view original):

Good job.

I just don't see how paying someone else and then them buying birth control that you don't use, violates your rights.

Forcing you to take or not to take birth control would violate your rights. Someone else taking birth control has nothing to do with your rights.
Because you don't see a difference in paying an employee wages, and paying an insurance company premiums?
7/7/2014 3:57 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/7/2014 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2014 3:41:00 PM (view original):

Good job.

Because you don't see a difference in paying an employee wages, and paying an insurance company premiums?
I see the difference in those, just not from a religious rights perspective. How does someone else taking a pill affect your rights?
7/7/2014 3:59 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/7/2014 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2014 3:37:00 PM (view original):

Does it matter?
I think it does.
Explain
You first.  Answer the questions.
I don't think it matters so I'm not going to answer.
7/7/2014 3:59 PM
I see the difference in those, just not from a religious rights perspective. How does someone else taking a pill affect your rights?

Somebody else taking a pill does not affect your rights.

Being mandated by the government to subsidize the purchasing of those pills does.

I know you don't think it does.  But many others do.  Including SCOTUS.
7/7/2014 4:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...228|229|230|231|232...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.