Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

I HAD TO BLOCK DOUGLAS

HE DUM
2/13/2015 5:45 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/13/2015 5:33:00 PM (view original):
My wife's male cousin is married to a man. They are married. The definition of marriage includes gay couples.
 My wife's son is gay and got "married" in another country.  They live together.  I want them to have all the legal benefits of married couples. They are a pair.  Not a pear.  I like to think of them as in a lifelong union.  A civil union.  Only a man a woman can be married.
2/13/2015 5:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2015 5:45:00 PM (view original):
I HAD TO BLOCK DOUGLAS

HE DUM
SO I'M SMART!
2/13/2015 5:56 PM
Posted by DougOut on 2/13/2015 5:48:00 PM (view original):
My wife's male cousin is married to a man. They are married. The definition of marriage includes gay couples.
 My wife's son is gay and got "married" in another country.  They live together.  I want them to have all the legal benefits of married couples. They are a pair.  Not a pear.  I like to think of them as in a lifelong union.  A civil union.  Only a man a woman can be married.
That's just not true. The legal definition of marriage in most states includes gay couples.
2/13/2015 6:06 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 2/13/2015 5:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2015 5:45:00 PM (view original):
I HAD TO BLOCK DOUGLAS

HE DUM
SO I'M SMART!
I THINK IT'S MORE LIKE "LESS DUM"
2/13/2015 6:12 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/13/2015 6:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 2/13/2015 5:48:00 PM (view original):
That's just not true. The legal definition of marriage in most states includes gay couples.
OH!  I see.  We got out of the dictionary.  Now we defer to judges who used to be lawyers. That sounds delicious.  All you can eat.

I think you're up to 37 states now.  Judges.  State law.  37.  13 more to go.  Run the table.  50 or nothing!

And now it's on the Supremes.  I think it goes 5 - 4 in your favor.  

One more win for the liberal left and one more defeat for the American family.  And we'll do just fine.  Because the book hasn't closed.

Next comes man and porpoise or woman and dog.  Under your definition, they qualify as marriage.
2/13/2015 6:28 PM
You'll do just fine because allowing gay marriage is harmless.
2/13/2015 6:45 PM
That's not true.  Two people of the same sex can't be married.  You can call it that but it's still not.  

They're just together for life (we hope) and live under the same law, taxes and all, as the rest of us do. 

They can't have children like married people can.  

A child raised in a same sex union faces challenges the traditional family does not.  I hardly call that harmless.
2/13/2015 7:23 PM
Except they are. Right now. Literally thousands of gay couples are, in fact, married.
2/13/2015 7:32 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/13/2015 7:32:00 PM (view original):
Except they are. Right now. Literally thousands of gay couples are, in fact, married.
No they are not.  They are living together.  They need a binding contract that keeps them together for life.

What should we call it?
2/13/2015 7:41 PM
Well, they are legally married. So "married" seems like an appropriate label.
2/13/2015 7:46 PM
This is turning into an epic.  Let's review.

You say marriage is any two people that hook up.

I say marriage is a man and a woman.

We both agree they should have the same rights.

We both agree they are different and only one specific couple can produce children.

I think I'm being generous.  I simply ask the word marriage be applied to a man and a woman. 

I only ask you to apply a word and definition that applies to gay couples.

What ever happened to reaching across the aisle?  

I guess that's a one way street.  
2/13/2015 8:04 PM
Well………….it's been fun not talking to you.

I never get tired of hearing the same old answer over and over again.

I guess that's why we have reruns.

It's been real.

Boring.
2/13/2015 8:30 PM
A self-described Alabama "redneck" sharing his thoughts on gay marriage and how it has impacted him? This can't end well, right? Wrong.
FORWARDPROGRESSIVES.COM|BY MANNY SCHEWITZ

2/14/2015 4:27 AM
Posted by DougOut on 2/13/2015 7:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 2/13/2015 7:32:00 PM (view original):
No they are not.  They are living together.  They need a binding contract that keeps them together for life.

What should we call it?
They have binding contracts, issued by the government, that keep them together for life.  They're called marriages.  They have marriage licenses.  You can say we shouldn't call them married all you want, but they ARE, in fact, married.

Clearly you're not all that clear on how well "separate but equal" has worked out in the past.  I bet if there had been an internet in the '50s there would have been some dumbasses on it telling us how they had no problem with black people, and they thought they deserved rights, but we have a historical meaning for the word "citizen" and it referred to white people.

2/14/2015 1:31 PM
◂ Prev 1...318|319|320|321|322...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.