Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 5/13/2015 9:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/13/2015 9:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by seamar_116 on 5/13/2015 9:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 5/11/2015 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Yep.  US isolationism proved that it worked really well in the 1930's when Hitler came to power in Germany and started killing all the Jews and then a bunch of Eastern Europeans at the start of WW2.

Let's go back to that.

Good job.

That's right... screw George Washington and his farewell address...he didn't know what the **** he was talking about.
Founding father/constitution **** is only revalant until it's not good for ones narrative.
What??!?!?   People only use data that supports their argument?    I don't believe you.
Can liberals even quote slave owners like George Washington? Or does that make them a racist? Just trying to understand liberal logic.
5/13/2015 10:15 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/13/2015 9:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/12/2015 4:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 5/12/2015 3:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/11/2015 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 5/11/2015 3:03:00 PM (view original):
And letting a critical part of the world blow itself up is in our best interests?

Thanks for clarifying, Obama Jr.

And you didn't answer the question.

Are we obligated to police the entire world from now until the end of time because there exists a possibility (however minuscule) that another Hitler could emerge?
No, we're not obligated to do anything.  Much like nobody is obligated from pulling a child out of the way of a speeding car that's about to hit them.

But thanks for getting all drama-queen on us about the topic.

You're the one that pulled the Hitler card. If anyone is "getting all drama-queen"...

We can't solve the problems in the mid-east through war. It just isn't possible. If you want to suggest a peaceful approach, I could buy into that. But trying to do it by force only fuels extremism.
Hitler happened.  It's in the history books.  It's even in Wikipedia.  Even Edgar Martinez and Kenny Lofton have probably have heard of him.

The "drama queen" comment was about you asking if we're obligated to police THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!  (OMG, THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!)

No, but we have more interests in some parts of the world than in others.  Maybe those are the parts of the world we should concern ourselves with.
Hmmm, pretty sure your argument wasn't, "we want to make sure we have access to oil, so we'll continue to stick our noses in."

It was, "OHMYGODTHERECOULDBEANOTHERHITLER!!!!!!!"
5/13/2015 10:17 AM
WASHINGTON OWNED SLAVES? HE WAS A TERRIBLE GENERAL. THANK GOD FOR THE FRENCH!

FREEDOM FRIES= FRENCH FRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
5/13/2015 10:24 AM
Yep.  US isolationism proved that it worked really well in the 1930's when Hitler came to power in Germany and started killing all the Jews and then a bunch of Eastern Europeans at the start of WW2.

Let's go back to that.

Good job.

Is this an inaccurate statement?
5/13/2015 10:45 AM
Did Hitler/WW2 happen? Of course.

Did U.S. isolationism cause it? Doubtful.

Will the U.S. avoiding war in the mid-east cause another Hitler/WW2 scenario? No.
5/13/2015 11:19 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/13/2015 10:45:00 AM (view original):

Let's go back to that.

Good job.

Is this an inaccurate statement?
Had we peacefully convinced the Germans to apply the Law Of Diminishing Marginal Utility while they conquered Europe the Jews would have had more cheeseburgers and less concentration camps. Shame on the USA.
5/13/2015 11:24 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/13/2015 11:19:00 AM (view original):

Will the U.S. avoiding war in the mid-east cause another Hitler/WW2 scenario? No.
Interesting that the USA pulls out of Iraq and now Christians are getting eradicated in mass numbers.... Children are being kidnapped in large numbers to be sold, converted, or killed. Families are getting broken up by force. The movement has spread to Syria, Libya, Yeman, and is beginning to get a foothold in Pakistan, Jordan, and Egypt. Boko Haran and other terrorist organizations are rolling up to IS now as they become more organized.

To the contrary - the US is in Afghanistan and we do not hear any of the same sort of stories out of that country. Do you think if we pull out of Afghanistan that it would not turn into another Iraq where religious minorities are getting slaughtered in mass quantities?

I guess a good question for you is - "What do you think will happen in the middle east if America does nothing? What will the landscape look like in 5 years, 10 years? How great do you think ISIS reach will be?"

5/13/2015 11:38 AM

Did I say it would?  Or do you not understand the point I was making?  Or are you just being intentionally dumb?  Or are you just dumb?
5/13/2015 11:39 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/13/2015 11:39:00 AM (view original):

Did I say it would?  Or do you not understand the point I was making?  Or are you just being intentionally dumb?  Or are you just dumb?
You implied it. Otherwise, what's the point of bringing up Hitler?

5/13/2015 11:51 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/13/2015 11:51:00 AM (view original):

As an example of what happened in the past.  If your foreign policy is going to be "yeah, we're just going to mind our own business over here on this side of the ocean", bad **** can happen somewhere else.  Maybe it's a Hitler.  Maybe it's something else.

It's kind of dumb to not be able to understand examples without taking them 100% literally.  "OMG, you think THAT'S going to happen???"

5/13/2015 11:58 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/13/2015 11:59:00 AM (view original):

As an example of what happened in the past.  If your foreign policy is going to be "yeah, we're just going to mind our own business over here on this side of the ocean", bad **** can happen somewhere else.  Maybe it's a Hitler.  Maybe it's something else.

It's kind of dumb to not be able to understand examples without taking them 100% literally.  "OMG, you think THAT'S going to happen???"

A) "Maybe it's a Hitler" is my point. You're implying that it could be a possibility if we choose not to go to war. Literally anything is possible, but we don't make huge foreign policy decisions out of fear that the most outlandish possibility could "maybe" happen again when there is no reason to believe it will.

B) No one said, "do nothing." Just that force isn't going to work.
5/13/2015 12:14 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/11/2015 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Our continued presence in the mid-east leads to nothing but bad things. The sooner we're out, the better.
http://nationalinterest.org/commentary/america-cant-escape-the-middle-east-8787
5/13/2015 1:10 PM
Pretty sure "bad things" is the Middle East. 
5/13/2015 1:12 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/13/2015 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/11/2015 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Our continued presence in the mid-east leads to nothing but bad things. The sooner we're out, the better.
http://nationalinterest.org/commentary/america-cant-escape-the-middle-east-8787
Military presence. I'm arguing against a war, not diplomatic relations.
5/13/2015 1:43 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/13/2015 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 5/13/2015 11:59:00 AM (view original):

A) "Maybe it's a Hitler" is my point. You're implying that it could be a possibility if we choose not to go to war. Literally anything is possible, but we don't make huge foreign policy decisions out of fear that the most outlandish possibility could "maybe" happen again when there is no reason to believe it will.

B) No one said, "do nothing." Just that force isn't going to work.
Just for clarification as I follow along.... Are drone strikes not considered an act of war, or for that matter 'force'?
5/13/2015 2:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...332|333|334|335|336...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.