Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by moy23 on 6/4/2015 10:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/4/2015 9:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 6/4/2015 9:40:00 PM (view original):
Why is it stupid?
Because it ignores the fact that there was nothing that Obama could have reasonably offered that would have gotten a yes. The GOP goal was obstruction, not concessions.
True. There was nothing OBAMA could have reasonably offered because he was pompous and disingenuous.... However a strong leader would have gotten it done with republicans. Maybe say... a leader more focused on job growth during the 'worst recession since the great depression' than his own costly healthcare agenda would have done the trick.
Of course he's pompous. He's a black man with his own agenda.

His job growth record is so bad. Tell us how bad it is.
6/4/2015 10:31 PM
Posted by The Taint on 6/4/2015 10:31:00 PM (view original):
Why is it stupid?
Because it ignores the fact that there was nothing that Obama could have reasonably offered that would have gotten a yes. The GOP goal was obstruction, not concessions.
True. There was nothing OBAMA could have reasonably offered because he was pompous and disingenuous.... However a strong leader would have gotten it done with republicans. Maybe say... a leader more focused on job growth during the 'worst recession since the great depression' than his own costly healthcare agenda would have done the trick.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/05/news/economy/obama-jobs/

I wouldn't say its soooo bad but do you know what caregivers, servers, and temps have in common? They are all minimum wage jobs. I wouldn't be bragging about that.

More economic facts I wouldn't be bragging about.... http://www.factcheck.org/2014/01/obamas-numbers-january-2014-update/

**The economy continues to gain jobs, but the number of long-term unemployed is nearly double what it was when Obama became president.

**Wages remain stagnant, increasing a scant 0.3 percent after inflation during Obama’s time. Meanwhile corporate profits are running 178 percent higher than just before he took office, and stock prices have doubled.

**The number of low-income persons on food stamps remains just below the record level reached in 2012, with 15 percent of the population still getting benefits.
6/4/2015 10:51 PM
Why is it stupid?
????

You're dense.

It doesn't matter how strong the leader is if the other side refuses every offer.
6/4/2015 11:14 PM
Posted by moy23 on 6/4/2015 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Why is it stupid?

I wouldn't say its soooo bad but do you know what caregivers, servers, and temps have in common? They are all minimum wage jobs. I wouldn't be bragging about that.

More economic facts I wouldn't be bragging about.... http://www.factcheck.org/2014/01/obamas-numbers-january-2014-update/

**The economy continues to gain jobs, but the number of long-term unemployed is nearly double what it was when Obama became president.

**Wages remain stagnant, increasing a scant 0.3 percent after inflation during Obama’s time. Meanwhile corporate profits are running 178 percent higher than just before he took office, and stock prices have doubled.

**The number of low-income persons on food stamps remains just below the record level reached in 2012, with 15 percent of the population still getting benefits.
Lol. As a server I made minimum wage but pulled down 50k a year. Really?

A lot of the long term unemployed are those that don't have to work for benefits anymore. They just had jobs for medical benefits.

Business as usual there.

I suspect low income and food stamp usage will just go up in the future no matter the affiliation of the president.
6/4/2015 11:28 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/4/2015 11:14:00 PM (view original):
Why is it stupid?
????

You're dense.

It doesn't matter how strong the leader is if the other side refuses every offer.
One of the best negotiating books I've ever read....

http://www.williamury.com/books/getting-past-no/

Combined with his earlier book...

http://www.williamury.com/books/getting-to-yes/

It CAN be done...Obama is just a ****** negotiator particularly because nobody trusts him - and why should they? Our allies don't trust him, republicans don't trust him. I don't trust him. People do not want to do business with those they do not trust. That's Obamas fault - not the Republicans.
6/5/2015 5:17 AM (edited)
DAY ONE
6/5/2015 5:24 AM
Posted by The Taint on 6/4/2015 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 6/4/2015 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Why is it stupid?

Lol. As a server I made minimum wage but pulled down 50k a year. Really?

A lot of the long term unemployed are those that don't have to work for benefits anymore. They just had jobs for medical benefits.

Business as usual there.

I suspect low income and food stamp usage will just go up in the future no matter the affiliation of the president.
As a server... How were the retirement benefits, health benefits, paid time off? Describe the career path? If its such a great job why are you no longer doing it?

From the WSJ:
"Nearly 15% of the nation's 2.4 million waiters and waitresses live in poverty, compared with about 7% of all workers. They are more likely to need public assistance and less likely to receive paid sick leave or health benefits—and their ranks are increasing. From the start of the recovery in 2009 until June of this year, restaurant jobs have increased by 13%, while all other jobs are up 5.5%."
6/5/2015 5:26 AM
I was offered health care(wife's was better), got 10 days of paid vacation(as much unpaid as I wanted within reason), and invested in my retirement on my own.

I left for multiple reasons. I got a job where I have weekends off, I made more money, and started doing something I love even more, selling beer.
6/5/2015 5:38 AM
I've never taken a dime of public assistance either. When I put my wife through college on my "****** server" job, I ate corn dogs for three years. She ate ramen, and we drank ****** beer.
6/5/2015 5:41 AM
Posted by The Taint on 6/5/2015 5:38:00 AM (view original):
I was offered health care(wife's was better), got 10 days of paid vacation(as much unpaid as I wanted within reason), and invested in my retirement on my own.

I left for multiple reasons. I got a job where I have weekends off, I made more money, and started doing something I love even more, selling beer.
So is that the norm in the industry? Crummy healthcare, 2 weeks of being paid minimum wage for vacation (you didn't get tips correct?), and no 401k/401k match? Sounds awesome....

You have to work weekends, and holidays and/or nights in many cases... Don't make 'that much' money (especially when figuring in the palty employee benefits), and I cant imagine how gratifying it must be serving food to people for a living. Again... Sounds awesome.

I wouldnt be bragging about creating more server jobs...

And temp jobs...

And caretaker jobs...

Don't get me wrong, there is a place for all those jobs... But let's not pretend all is well when the majority of jobs being created are low end jobs and wage growth remains stagnant after 6 years in office.
6/5/2015 6:57 AM
Posted by moy23 on 6/5/2015 5:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/4/2015 11:14:00 PM (view original):
Why is it stupid?
????

You're dense.

One of the best negotiating books I've ever read....

http://www.williamury.com/books/getting-past-no/

Combined with his earlier book...

http://www.williamury.com/books/getting-to-yes/

It CAN be done...Obama is just a ****** negotiator particularly because nobody trusts him - and why should they? Our allies don't trust him, republicans don't trust him. I don't trust him. People do not want to do business with those they do not trust. That's Obamas fault - not the Republicans.
Keep trolling.
The GOP wasn't negotiating. The goal was obstruction.
6/5/2015 9:12 AM
Posted by moy23 on 6/5/2015 6:57:00 AM (view original):

So is that the norm in the industry? Crummy healthcare, 2 weeks of being paid minimum wage for vacation (you didn't get tips correct?), and no 401k/401k match? Sounds awesome....

You have to work weekends, and holidays and/or nights in many cases... Don't make 'that much' money (especially when figuring in the palty employee benefits), and I cant imagine how gratifying it must be serving food to people for a living. Again... Sounds awesome.

And temp jobs...

And caretaker jobs...

Don't get me wrong, there is a place for all those jobs... But let's not pretend all is well when the majority of jobs being created are low end jobs and wage growth remains stagnant after 6 years in office.
The solution to this problem is not coming from the right (or from a moderate democrat like Obama).
6/5/2015 9:14 AM
Why is it stupid?
LOL.

"It's their fault, not mine".

Good job for sticking to the script.
6/5/2015 9:40 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/5/2015 9:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 6/5/2015 6:57:00 AM (view original):

And temp jobs...

And caretaker jobs...

The solution to this problem is not coming from the right (or from a moderate democrat like Obama).
Please elaborate.

If the answer isn't coming from the right, and it isn't coming from the middle, then by default, what you are saying is that the solution is only to be found on the left.

What is that solution that you are speaking of?

6/5/2015 10:15 AM
◂ Prev 1...352|353|354|355|356...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.