If i was in charge... Topic

just put the fate of USA in my hands for 4 years

Day 1 - cancel the big inaugration parades, swear me in at a simple session at White House. pull out our troops in Afganistan, put members of Congress on the same  benefit package as the rest of us (no lifelong health care, social security, etc all retroactive)

Day 2 - start drawing down our troop levels in Germany/Japan/S. Korea. Have meeting with my generals to get them working on a comprehensive report as to our enemies in the next year to ten years and how we are to combat them

Day 3 - put Congress on Term Limits (2 terms no more).

Day 4 - close Department of Education and Commerce. Cut funding for PBS

Day 5 - authorize the building of 4 nuclear plants. authorize more drilling for oil

Week 2 - no more handouts to other countries (to include Israel), announce a 15% cut in funding to all government agencies effective immediately.

Month 1 - no tax breaks for any company in America that sends jobs overseas

Year 1 - institute a 15% flat tax on all purchases. No more income tax period. Cut military spending to be in line with what America needs to defend itself. 

After only 2 years, our goverment spending is now closer to an acceptable level, we will be able to pay our bills and have money left over. This money goes into a rainy day fund.  The people will then start clearing a place on Mount Rushmore for me.
4/18/2012 11:17 AM
Is your foreign policy called "isolationism"?
4/18/2012 11:50 AM
Unless you find a way to make yourself dictator, the only thing you can do out of what you listed is move troops around, not do a standard inauguration ceremony, and sign the nuclear and oil permits.
4/18/2012 12:09 PM
Sounds like that (i.e. "dictator") was his plan.
4/18/2012 12:15 PM
dictator works for me - just for 4 years though. 
4/18/2012 1:44 PM
That's what they all say, until they reach year 5.
4/18/2012 1:50 PM
add - make it against the law to work for the federal government and belong to a Union.
4/18/2012 5:12 PM
Just curious why you address Congress twice but no mention of Senate?
4/19/2012 8:34 AM
In the immorat words of Doug Bennet (of Doug and the SLugs R.I.P)

'it is a slip of the tongue, a habit of a lifetime"
4/19/2012 9:03 AM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 4/19/2012 8:34:00 AM (view original):
Just curious why you address Congress twice but no mention of Senate?
The Senate is part of Congress.
4/19/2012 11:13 AM
"The people will then start clearing a place on Mount Rushmore for me."

Better double-check. Are they clearing or digging?
4/19/2012 11:16 AM
now that was funny

4/19/2012 12:12 PM
If i was in charge... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.