Romney: Worst Major Party Prez Candidate Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by seamar_116 on 10/13/2012 5:25:00 AM (view original):
<<It is possible to believe that Roe v Wade is bad law and set a bad precedent for America and still be pro-life or pro-choice.>>

Nonsense....show me anyone who is Pro-Choice that disagrees with Roe v. Wade. And show me anyone who is Pro-life and supports Roe v. Wade. I'll wait.

And just to be clear, Roe v. Wade is not a law. And are you saying that Judicial Review is bad? You would have to go back to Marbury v. Madison to argue against that precedent, not Roe v. Wade.
I am one such person.

I am whole heartedly pro-life, and believe that abortion shouldn't be used as contraception.

However, the fact is people will continue to act irresponsibly, and if abortion was banned there would still be abortions, they just would be done illegally with many many more health hazards to the women having them. That is/was a major point in the decision process that was made in the Roe vs Wade ruling.

We cannot go backwards in that regard, and as much as I despise the abuse of the system and what it has devolved into, it was the right call.

We can only be responsible for own our lives and hopefully instill those values in our children, we cannot force our sentiments and beliefs on others. It was pretty ugly for women intent on aborting in the years before Roe v Wade.

10/16/2012 5:37 AM
I would argue it got the govt. tentacles out of our lives.

Certainly the govt has since expanded from allowing adults to make their own choices to pushing an agenda, but the decision seems like a solid one at face value.

10/16/2012 6:00 AM
10/16/2012 6:01 AM
Biden's demeanor was disrespectful. Hard to argue that point.
I'm all for calling out a liar regardless of who is doing the lying, but there were many instances when Biden was disrespectful even when there was no lying going on.

10/16/2012 6:11 AM
10/16/2012 9:50 AM
when i hear superlative claims like "worst ever", i laugh at the lack of perspective. how quickly you have forgotten how unqualified obama, bob dole, dukakis, goldwater, and warren g harding were, to name a few.

if you think romney is an awful candidate because of his politics, say that, and defend it with concrete statistics.

but you're calling a candidate with a lengthy political track record unqualified, while you, i assume, voted for a man in 2008 who had never even served a full term at major office (or really done anything of substance in his life, for that matter.) denial, as the famed cliche goes, is not just a river in egypt.

so, i must ask, what is the definition of qualified? it was, rightfully so, bill clinton in the 90's. his political pedigree was extraordinary. it was, rightfully so, george w bush after that (although his term was disappointing despite his illustrious background.)

yet, in 2008, your country chose perhaps the least qualified candidate in the democratic primary (has anyone looked at hillary's credentials? they are to be lauded.) and then, later that year, you voted strongly against john mccain. please, i implore you, research that man, specifically how he WILLINGLY served several years as a prisoner of war rather than leave his brothers behind.

so, what is it that your country desires? if it is who has the greatest presidential persona, continue voting as you have. charisma as the principle criterion has served you so well the last 4 years. but, as an international whose livelihood is directly influenced by the prosperity of your country, i plead that you vote by more objective stipulations.

so wake up. your country has the greatest resources, advantages, and political freedoms of any civilization in the history of this planet. yet, you throw it away with a toxic recklessness not heretofore seen by the world outside of cervantes' La Mancha.

the rest of the world begs you: vote with research and sensibility, lest your empire continue to follow its current path of becoming simply the next Paradise Lost, and your dependent allies in spheres less privileged sink with you to the bottom of that abyss of squandered treasures.
10/16/2012 4:50 PM
But don't you understand Romney is RICH. So he MUST be EVIL!
10/16/2012 5:15 PM
Posted by sinverguenza on 10/16/2012 4:50:00 PM (view original):
when i hear superlative claims like "worst ever", i laugh at the lack of perspective. how quickly you have forgotten how unqualified obama, bob dole, dukakis, goldwater, and warren g harding were, to name a few.

if you think romney is an awful candidate because of his politics, say that, and defend it with concrete statistics.

but you're calling a candidate with a lengthy political track record unqualified, while you, i assume, voted for a man in 2008 who had never even served a full term at major office (or really done anything of substance in his life, for that matter.) denial, as the famed cliche goes, is not just a river in egypt.

so, i must ask, what is the definition of qualified? it was, rightfully so, bill clinton in the 90's. his political pedigree was extraordinary. it was, rightfully so, george w bush after that (although his term was disappointing despite his illustrious background.)

yet, in 2008, your country chose perhaps the least qualified candidate in the democratic primary (has anyone looked at hillary's credentials? they are to be lauded.) and then, later that year, you voted strongly against john mccain. please, i implore you, research that man, specifically how he WILLINGLY served several years as a prisoner of war rather than leave his brothers behind.

so, what is it that your country desires? if it is who has the greatest presidential persona, continue voting as you have. charisma as the principle criterion has served you so well the last 4 years. but, as an international whose livelihood is directly influenced by the prosperity of your country, i plead that you vote by more objective stipulations.

so wake up. your country has the greatest resources, advantages, and political freedoms of any civilization in the history of this planet. yet, you throw it away with a toxic recklessness not heretofore seen by the world outside of cervantes' La Mancha.

the rest of the world begs you: vote with research and sensibility, lest your empire continue to follow its current path of becoming simply the next Paradise Lost, and your dependent allies in spheres less privileged sink with you to the bottom of that abyss of squandered treasures.
Superb post.  Great first entry.  Please add some more over the next few weeks...
10/16/2012 5:22 PM
10/18/2012 6:05 PM
I have a hard time believing that "investments would dry up" simply by raising the tax rate on capital gains.
It may become less attractive to invest, but even if they doubled the capital gains tax a person would still earn far more than if they bought bonds.

So what do you suppose people would start doing? Start forgoing the larger profits because of the higher rate, and start preferring a lower return on bonds? Or simply stick the money under their mattress? Its pretty hard for me to buy.that excuse.
10/19/2012 1:18 AM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...26 Next ▸
Romney: Worst Major Party Prez Candidate Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.