Romney: Worst Major Party Prez Candidate Ever? Topic

Cresten, can you let the grown-ups talk for a minute?
9/25/2012 4:45 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/25/2012 4:43:00 PM (view original):
Bandow works for the Cato Institute. You might as well post a piece from Karl Rove.
Okay you don't like the author.
Can you poke holes in any of the facts?
9/25/2012 4:47 PM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 9/25/2012 4:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/25/2012 4:40:00 PM (view original):
From your factcheck post, who caused this problem?

A few paragraphs above the chart you reference:

"But then he uses an economic sleight of hand when he compares his best 27-month period with the first seven years of President Bush, ignoring the fact that Bush inherited an economy on the brink of a recession".
That's dishonest. And I'm pretty sure Obama is the first politician to cherry pick numbers to make himself look better.

But that really doesn't address the problem we face now. We went into a massive recession in 2008. We are out of it, for the most part, but still growing slow.
9/25/2012 4:48 PM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 9/25/2012 4:47:00 PM (view original):
Bandow works for the Cato Institute. You might as well post a piece from Karl Rove.
The entire piece is such a cluster f, I don't know where to start. I philosophically disagree with just about every point he tries to make. Going through three pages of his BS so that you can not change your mind at all about anything is a huge waste of time.
9/25/2012 4:55 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/25/2012 4:48:00 PM (view original):

"But then he uses an economic sleight of hand when he compares his best 27-month period with the first seven years of President Bush, ignoring the fact that Bush inherited an economy on the brink of a recession".
That's dishonest. And I'm pretty sure Obama is the first politician to cherry pick numbers to make himself look better.

But that really doesn't address the problem we face now. We went into a massive recession in 2008. We are out of it, for the most part, but still growing slow.
SO factcheck.org is reliable, except when it makes claims you don't like?

And the point isn't that plenty of politicians cherry pick numbers to make themselves look better, the point is that factcheck is supposedly a reliable source and THEY said Bush inherited an economy on the brink of a recession.

One of the biggest problems was the housing bubble, which began with Carter's Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, two programs accelerated under Clinton.

9/25/2012 5:06 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bad_luck on 9/25/2012 4:55:00 PM (view original):
The entire piece is such a cluster f, I don't know where to start. I philosophically disagree with just about every point he tries to make. Going through three pages of his BS so that you can not change your mind at all about anything is a huge waste of time.
So then Germany and Sweden DIDN'T enjoy strong growth?

Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania didn't grow, while cutting government outlays?

You can't ignore facts just because you philosophically disagree with the points he is trying to make. Facts are facts.
9/25/2012 5:02 PM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 9/25/2012 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/25/2012 4:48:00 PM (view original):

SO factcheck.org is reliable, except when it makes claims you don't like?
No, Obama's campaign was dishonest.
9/25/2012 5:04 PM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 9/25/2012 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/25/2012 4:55:00 PM (view original):

You can't ignore facts just because you philosophically disagree with the points he is trying to make. Facts are facts.
How about we go back to your favorite source for the answer on the stimulus.

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/09/did-the-stimulus-create-jobs/
9/25/2012 5:06 PM
At what cost?

Anywhere from 278-312 K per job created, depending on the source.

Not to mention the small % that were actual private sector jobs.

9/25/2012 5:10 PM
Again I ask:

9/25/2012 5:12 PM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 9/25/2012 5:11:00 PM (view original):
At what cost?

Anywhere from 278-312 K per job created, depending on the source.

Not to mention the small % that were actual private sector jobs.

Jobs are jobs and the public sector job force has actual gotten smaller since Obama took office.
9/25/2012 5:18 PM
So spending 250K per job created is a good plan?

And I guess you are ignoring the Germany Sweden question because it goes against your philosophical views?

9/25/2012 5:26 PM
I give up. You're right about everything.

And you'll still spend the next four years ******** about Obama, even when the economy gets better during his second term.
9/25/2012 5:38 PM

The problem is that the economy shouldnt get better. We tried this already. It failed and things got worse.

Isnt the definition of insane doing the same thing and expecting different results.

9/25/2012 7:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...26 Next ▸
Romney: Worst Major Party Prez Candidate Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.