THANK YE, PRESIDENT OBAMA ON 9/11!!!!! Topic

Yes. you are correct.

EVERY, and I do mean EVERY, president has been analyzed and criticized beyond belief.   Yet, when it's done with Obama, THAT'S RACIST!!!!!
9/12/2012 10:24 PM
Wouldn't it be racist to not criticise him because he's a negro?
9/12/2012 11:18 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
9/13/2012 4:50 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 9/12/2012 11:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jvford on 9/12/2012 10:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 9/12/2012 6:14:00 PM (view original):
And we are much more supportive of Obama than the left was during the Bush administration.

Do you really believe that?  
Yes.

There was a clear kind of hate towards Bush. A constant barrage of negative. He wasnt just a bad president, he was stupid and a liar.

You're delusional if you don't think the same thing is going on with Obama and maybe even worse.
9/13/2012 7:24 AM
That's ridiculous.    It really, really is. 
9/13/2012 8:23 AM
Really, really?
9/13/2012 8:33 AM
Yes.   I get not liking Bush.   I understand not liking Romney.   But to pretend that Obama has been treated the same as every President is ludicrous.    You're either in denial or living in a bubble.    Either way, you're sadly mistaken.   Obama was pretty much given 3 years of support from everyone but the far right.   Sure Hannity and Limbaugh started busting his balls in November '08 but he's been a media darling everywhere else.   Criticism has cranked up as of late but that's due to the election and the utter failure of his Administration to do pretty much anything that was promised. 
9/13/2012 8:47 AM
The media is left-leaning for the most part.  It was expected that he would be supported by them (and Bush would be attacked).  But to say that he "was pretty much given 3 years of support from everyone but the far right" when the republican party announced that they would block everything he did, is just not accurate. 

Of course, he's partially to mostly responsible for that republican reaction, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
9/13/2012 8:54 AM
Since I assume swamphawk is not a congressman, I didn't realize we were talking about Republican politicians.  

Let me re-phrase.  Except for the extreme right, Republican politicians and any "white power" organization, Obama was given a three year pass.  He was treated much kinder by the media and the general public than any President in my lifetime.
9/13/2012 9:04 AM
Agreed on media.  But "general public"?  Sorry, but I have never heard so much hate for a President and his policies than I have for Obama.  It's not the "poking fun" I used to hear from people about Bush, it's general hatred.  And it started before he even took office.
9/13/2012 9:15 AM
You must hang around a bunch of racists.

Most people I know were optimistic.

Although I was a pretty big skeptic initially, I was even swept up by his inauguration speech.
Obviously we now know that it was a load of crap, but I think most were hoping he'd deliver on those promises amd were of the opinion he would.

It wasn't until it became painfully obvious that his speech giving was his best asset, and that he failed to address most of his "agenda" while the dems were in control, that more and more people started breaking free of his charm and accepted he was no different than the plethora of liars in politics today.

9/13/2012 9:36 AM (edited)
I live in a red state.  Moving beyond the racists, he's been supported by pretty much everyone I've run across since he was elected.   Until recently.

I think most people want our President to succeed regardless of party affiliation.   After all, if he does, it's generally better for everyone.   In Obama's case, I think he rec'd more support because of race.   I know the last thing I wanted to hear was "Well, what did we expect from a N?"   The left is quick to play the race card.   There is/was no reason to add fuel to that or to the racist claims that were inevitable.   Because of this, I feel he was supported, and given much more leeway, than previous presidents. 

9/13/2012 9:34 AM
I think you're both really referring to the middle that became disenchanted with him.  Most of us are.

Around me, the people that voted for McCain were angry about his election and worried that he would take all of their money (I don't recall ANY optimism).  They spoke negatively about everything he did.  Heck, even my wife was worried because our taxes were going to be higher.  

9/13/2012 9:58 AM
Posted by jvford on 9/13/2012 9:16:00 AM (view original):
Agreed on media.  But "general public"?  Sorry, but I have never heard so much hate for a President and his policies than I have for Obama.  It's not the "poking fun" I used to hear from people about Bush, it's general hatred.  And it started before he even took office.

Don't confuse dislike with hatred.

I dislike Obama as President.  I think he's doen a horrible job in all aspects of the job in his nearly four years in office.  I think the "Hope!" and "Change!" that was promised turned out to be "Same ****, different President", and don't think that anybody who can look at the past four years truly objectively can disagree.  Obama and the Democrats had their way with Washington in the first half-term because they had the WH, they had the House, and they had the super-majority in the Senate.  They refused to talk to or work with the Republicans because they felt like they didn't have to because they had the numbers.  And then they make a big deal about how the Republican's didn't want to work with him when they lost majority control.

I dislike Obama and practically everything about his Administration and his running of the country.  And I've not hid that from anybody I've talked to since he was elected.

But I don't hate the guy.  He seems like he's probably a good guy in "real life", and I honestly believe he has nothing but the best intentions when he does what he does as President.  I just think he is truly and completely misguided in his judgement and in his ideas of what's best for this country and how he's doing what he's trying to do. 

9/13/2012 9:59 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
THANK YE, PRESIDENT OBAMA ON 9/11!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.