THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

There is no such thing as political facts. It is all opinion.

How conservative a Presidents record is can not be based on facts.
10/12/2012 3:55 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/12/2012 3:55:00 AM (view original):
There is no such thing as political facts. It is all opinion.

How conservative a Presidents record is can not be based on facts.

How conservative a Presidents record is  I argue and think  can not be based on facts.

ftfy.
10/12/2012 4:08 AM

How can the Conservatism of a bill be based on a fact.

It is based on opinions.

Even you should be able to understand that!

10/12/2012 4:16 AM
<<There is no such thing as political facts. It is all opinion.>>

I was referencing this piece of intellectual brilliance. And it should be "are" not "is."  "Facts" are plural, so the verb needs to agree with the subject.

And now you have changed from <<How conservative a Presidents record is can not be based on facts.>> to << How can the Conservatism of a bill be based on a fact>> which is not the same thing. But I realize you are incapable of understanding the difference. How can anyone follow what you say when you stagger all over the place with your word salads?
10/13/2012 5:13 AM
Both are the same. There is no math for politics.

Conservatism is always someones opinion. Or the opinion of the population in general.

I was reading an article about SC justice Thomas. They noted that his votes were almost always the same as other Conservative justices.

This is a fact. And someone could use this to come to the conclusion that he is more Conservative than other justices.

It is not really valid measure though, because we do not know the questions asked.

Conservative and liberal is opinion.
10/13/2012 1:49 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/13/2012 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Both are the same. There is no math for politics.

Conservatism is always someones opinion. Or the opinion of the population in general.

I was reading an article about SC justice Thomas. They noted that his votes were almost always the same as other Conservative justices.

This is a fact. And someone could use this to come to the conclusion that he is more Conservative than other justices.

It is not really valid measure though, because we do not know the questions asked.

Conservative and liberal is opinion.
So, what you're saying is that Obama is an extreme liberal, but there is no way to quantify it, and any attempts to do so are lies?
10/15/2012 11:26 AM
Not lies. We can compare his voting to other people and past people and states opinions about it.

None of that can be a statistic. If I say Obama is liberal because he supports Obamacare it means that I believe that Obamacare is liberal.

I can bring in facts to support that, but It cannot ever be the same as 2+2=4
10/15/2012 4:40 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/15/2012 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Not lies. We can compare his voting to other people and past people and states opinions about it.

None of that can be a statistic. If I say Obama is liberal because he supports Obamacare it means that I believe that Obamacare is liberal.

I can bring in facts to support that, but It cannot ever be the same as 2+2=4
But, if you use your brain, you see that support for Obamacare isn't really a liberal position. Obamacare was essentially written by Republicans. It is far more right leaning than Hillary Clinton's healthcare reform plan.
10/15/2012 5:04 PM

And we can discuss and debate that.

It can never be as simple as math and that was the main point.

I used my brain to point out that Roosevelt cannot be to the right econmically of Clinton!

10/15/2012 5:38 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/15/2012 5:38:00 PM (view original):

And we can discuss and debate that.

It can never be as simple as math and that was the main point.

I used my brain to point out that Roosevelt cannot be to the right econmically of Clinton!

But he could have been. Neither one of us was there during Roosevelt's term and our memories of the daily policy battles of a president that left office 12 years ago may not be reliable.

And the point remains, Obama is not radical.
10/15/2012 5:45 PM
He created a national health care plan. Never happened before. Seems extreme.

He supports Kyoto and Cap and Trade. Seems extreme.

Supports gay marriage and gays in the military. Seems extreme.

Wants religious institution to be forced to support abotion and contraception regualtions even if they are against their religious views. Seems extreme.

And of course your math may be different.

And I am pretty sure that there is some writing about the thins that Roosevelt and Clinton did while in office.
10/15/2012 5:49 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/15/2012 5:49:00 PM (view original):
He created a national health care plan. Never happened before. Seems extreme.

He supports Kyoto and Cap and Trade. Seems extreme.

Supports gay marriage and gays in the military. Seems extreme.

Wants religious institution to be forced to support abotion and contraception regualtions even if they are against their religious views. Seems extreme.

And of course your math may be different.

And I am pretty sure that there is some writing about the thins that Roosevelt and Clinton did while in office.
1. There is no public option. He only mandated that everyone buy health insurance. Which is a Republican idea.

2. Cap and trade was a Republican idea.

3. Most people support allowing gays in the military. Half of the population supports gay marriage.

4. Not true. He wants all health insurance to cover contraceptives regardless of employer.
10/15/2012 5:58 PM
1 The left dialogue is that they should support Obamacare because it is easier to expand an existing program than get the perfect plan through to start. SS is nothing like it was when we first voted for it, and most of that wasnt done with a lot of public debate.

2 The basic concept may have had roots in conservative ideals, just like Obamacare, but it is a liberal mutation in its current form.

3 The military doesnt support it, and no state has ever voted to support expanding the framework of marriage in this way. 36 have voted against it, including California.

4 Right. He wants issues like abortion and contraceptive to be provided by employers that find it a personal sin. And he is being sued by multiple Catholic orginizations for his policies.
10/15/2012 6:22 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/15/2012 6:22:00 PM (view original):
1 The left dialogue is that they should support Obamacare because it is easier to expand an existing program than get the perfect plan through to start. SS is nothing like it was when we first voted for it, and most of that wasnt done with a lot of public debate.

2 The basic concept may have had roots in conservative ideals, just like Obamacare, but it is a liberal mutation in its current form.

3 The military doesnt support it, and no state has ever voted to support expanding the framework of marriage in this way. 36 have voted against it, including California.

4 Right. He wants issues like abortion and contraceptive to be provided by employers that find it a personal sin. And he is being sued by multiple Catholic orginizations for his policies.
1. Still not extreme
2. Still not extreme
3. articles.nydailynews.com/2010-11-30/news/27082905_1_gay-service-member-openly-gay-officer-victor-fehrenbach
4, No. He wants all health insurance to cover contraception, regardless of employer. This has nothing to do with religious beliefs, no one is being forced to take contraception.

10/15/2012 7:06 PM
So being forced to pay for contraception and day after abortions isnt a problem with someones religion?
10/16/2012 12:23 AM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.