THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Certainly not if the atheists get their way.
12/3/2012 7:07 PM
I'm atheist and I celebrate Christmas
12/3/2012 7:14 PM
Almost nobody wants nobody to celebrate Christmas.  That was almost dumb enough for swampy to have said it.
12/3/2012 7:19 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/3/2012 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/3/2012 4:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/3/2012 3:59:00 PM (view original):
I think bullying has gone on always and it never was raised to the level of national crisis until recently.

We all know the real reason behind it of course.
Which is...?
It is a way to prevent Christians from addressing issues dealing with homosexuals.

Oh, come on, that's GOTTA be a moke, right?! I mean, had I typed that as a parody of the most ridiculous response swamp could have made, he would have whined that I was portraying conservatives as stupid. It's an issue because of "the gay?"

And as for "Christians addressing issues dealing with homosexuals." WTF does that mean? Is that like Germans addressing issues dealing with Jews?
12/3/2012 8:57 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/3/2012 7:14:00 PM (view original):
That makes a lot of sense.
12/3/2012 9:00 PM
Page 24:
Seriously, how is not actively mentioning Christmas in advertising "anti-Christmas."  Anti-Christmas would be saying "I hate that Jesus guy, I wish he'd never been born, and I find it repugnant and distasteful that anybody would deign to celebrate his birth."  Just using the word holidays is absolutely NOT anti-Christmas.  Only a minority of people in this country are actually regular church-going Christians, why should big corporations aggressively advertise to that small subset of the population?  Sure, other people celebrate Christmas, but not for any meaningfully religious reason if they're going to be totally honest with themselves.  They celebrate it because it's a holiday and it's fun and it's an excuse to give and receive gifts, and who doesn't like receiving things?  And break their diets, and we KNOW Americans love to eat unhealthy foods.  Frankly, Fox News is helping to undermine the political success of the GOP by emphasizing the importance of "traditional family values" in "true conservatism."  The number of young people who favor these TFVs is miniscule, which means the voting base willing to vote for the GOP on social issues is shrinking by the year as more and more young people who don't give a rat's *** about gay marriage or abortion enter the voting pool and more and more gay-hating, pro-life octogenarians die or become too physically or mentally disabled to put in the effort to vote.  The conservative voting base who watch Fox News and adhere to their views - the types most likely to turn out in the greatest numbers for primaries - make it important for GOP candidates to be socially conservative.  But the emphasis on social conservatism and relative lack of emphasis on economic conservatism is making the candidates unelectable.  Upwards of 70% of the country leans conservative economically, at least if you actually get into questions of fiscal policy rather than the stock "are you fiscally liberal or conservative" type survey question.  Emphasize a more traditionally conservative economic plan, combined with a relative disinterest in social policy (in effect, a move towards the Libertarian platform) and you could have beaten Obama in a landslide.  The truth is that a huge number of Americans are fairly Libertarian at heart, they just don't know it.  We love the idea of small government.  Unfortunately neither major party loves that idea, it's not even getting any play, and the Republicans are getting humiliated in the Electoral College.
12/3/2012 9:20 PM
I'm neither Irish nor Catholic, but I celebrate St. Patty's Day.
12/3/2012 9:21 PM
Posted by genghisxcon on 12/3/2012 8:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/3/2012 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/3/2012 4:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/3/2012 3:59:00 PM (view original):
I think bullying has gone on always and it never was raised to the level of national crisis until recently.

We all know the real reason behind it of course.
Which is...?
It is a way to prevent Christians from addressing issues dealing with homosexuals.

Oh, come on, that's GOTTA be a moke, right?! I mean, had I typed that as a parody of the most ridiculous response swamp could have made, he would have whined that I was portraying conservatives as stupid. It's an issue because of "the gay?"

And as for "Christians addressing issues dealing with homosexuals." WTF does that mean? Is that like Germans addressing issues dealing with Jews?
The best way to allow rules that make it a violation to addressing issues dealing with homosexuality is to burry them in speech codes.

If someone made a rule that you cannot call homosexuality a sin there would be an response.

If you make a rule that "You cannot make any demeaning statements" you can than ban anything you want.

I am a little amazed that you consider Christians to be like Nazis!
12/4/2012 2:46 AM

First of all, try to make sense. I couldn't even make it through the grammatical carnage of your first sentence to guess at what you mean. And I see no mention of how bullying relates to any of this.

Second, you're not a little anything.

Third, don't put words in my mouth, dumbfuck. You're probably the only person here with such poor cognitive skills to read that to mean I consider Christians to be like Nazis. Or maybe you know better, but prefer to go the libelous route.

12/4/2012 3:27 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/3/2012 9:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/3/2012 7:14:00 PM (view original):
That makes a lot of sense.
It does. It's tradition in our family. Belief in god not required to get together with family, exchange presents, and have some drinks.
12/4/2012 9:54 AM
Then you have a secular holiday celebration.  It's not Christmas.
12/4/2012 9:59 AM
I really don't think you get to decide what I call my holiday. It's Christmas to me and my family.
12/4/2012 10:09 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/3/2012 7:03:00 PM (view original):
Yes, because no one celebrates Christmas anymore.
This is largely correct.  The actual reason for Christmas has been lost over the years.  

Ask a random 3rd grader "What's Christmas?" and they'll say "The day I get presents!!!!!"  

May as well call it "Present's Day" or some equally dumb ****. 
12/4/2012 10:12 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/4/2012 10:09:00 AM (view original):
I really don't think you get to decide what I call my holiday. It's Christmas to me and my family.
Whatever, dude.
12/4/2012 10:13 AM
Or "badluck's family celebration days of drink and presents!!!"
12/4/2012 10:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28|29...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.