THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Is this still going on?

Why don't we just accept that any mention of God in school would end the world?
10/1/2012 12:11 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/1/2012 12:09:00 PM (view original):
Isn't the understanding of why things happen just as important, if not more important, than understanding how things happen?
Yes, why things happen is important but only from a physical standpoint, not a supernatural one. 
10/1/2012 12:17 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bad_luck on 10/1/2012 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/1/2012 12:09:00 PM (view original):
Isn't the understanding of why things happen just as important, if not more important, than understanding how things happen?
Yes, why things happen is important but only from a physical standpoint, not a supernatural one. 

When did you become King of What's Important?

10/1/2012 12:38 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/1/2012 6:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by genghisxcon on 10/1/2012 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/1/2012 3:58:00 AM (view original):
All they are discussing is if the possbility of life occuring from nothing can be so improbable that the theories that we use cannot be supported.

Could a divine being be the only way?
Name one scientifically verifiable prediction these "theories" make or GTFO of biology class.
I do not know of any.

There has been some data based on the third rule of thermodynamics.

The question is why is talking about this theory and the data that supports it so taboo? Are some unproven theroies superior to others?
Because there is no data that supports it. It's not taboo, it's just irrelevant.

10/1/2012 6:22 PM
Until the Higgs Boson was discovered, it was just a theory.  Does that mean it was irrelevant before it was discovered a couple of months ago?
10/1/2012 7:46 PM
I just don't like how they present abiogenesis as fact, when the fact is that it is a very unlikely scenario, that is mathematically ridiculous.

It is not only weak, but it directly violates other "laws" of science...

10/1/2012 9:08 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/1/2012 7:46:00 PM (view original):
Until the Higgs Boson was discovered, it was just a theory.  Does that mean it was irrelevant before it was discovered a couple of months ago?
Nobody was looking for a supernatural explanation of what makes up particles. They were looking for physical evidence. If they hadn't found Higgs Boson, they weren't going to shrug their shoulders and settle for, "we'll, god must hold them together," and then start teaching that in science class.

10/2/2012 11:28 AM (edited)
Posted by genghisxcon on 10/1/2012 10:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mchalesarmy on 10/1/2012 9:08:00 PM (view original):
I just don't like how they present abiogenesis as fact, when the fact is that it is a very unlikely scenario, that is mathematically ridiculous.

It is not only weak, but it directly violates other "laws" of science...

If you think you can show this, by all means, present a paper, have it subjected to peer review, and...oh wait, it's much easier to argue these things in front of a (hopefully) non-expert audience on an internet forum, isn't it?

Not the first time that tactic has been employed.
I started a different thread titled "abiogenesis" you didn't participate.

If you feel you can refute or dispute anything I said in that thread feel free to enlighten us.

10/2/2012 7:47 AM
No one is denying that god could have had a hand in the creation of life. You can believe in god and still look at things scientifically. If people can believe that god micromanages every minute of their life, it doesn't seem like a stretch to think that he set the world up exactly as science argues it, that life arose from inorganic matter. I'm sure if god exists he understands how amino acids work and could plop them down in the exact spots necessary for life to flourish.

10/2/2012 11:33 AM

By the way, it's "God", with a capital G.

Please show some respect to the supreme creator.

10/2/2012 12:25 PM
I don't believe in god.
10/2/2012 12:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.