The Royal Family Topic

LMAO
9/28/2012 8:16 AM
I was concerned over the source. I assumed if this were true SOMEONE in the MSM would have reported this.

As far as I can tell this is accurate. Their are many areas reporting this, and no negative response anywhere.

This cant be true...Could the media be THIS DEEP  in the tank for Obama??
9/30/2012 9:00 PM
The cost for 2008 was $1.6 billion. Adjust for inflation and it's over $1.7 billion in 2008.

This morning, thanks to Bruce Bartlett (another former member of the Reagan White House), I learn of this article by Little Green Footballs.com which compares the Obama and Bush White House spending. Looking at Bush Administration numbers from Bradley Patterson's book, "To Serve The President," it seems that the Bush White House roughly $1.6 Billion dollars for the year 2008. Which is $200,000,000.00 more than Obama is alleged to have spent. Obama seems to have reduced spending. By a lot. Two hundred million less.
10/1/2012 11:34 AM (edited)
Posted by bad_luck on 10/1/2012 11:34:00 AM (view original):
The cost for 2008 was $1.6 billion. Adjust for inflation and it's over $1.7 billion in 2008.

This morning, thanks to Bruce Bartlett (another former member of the Reagan White House), I learn of this article by Little Green Footballs.com which compares the Obama and Bush White House spending. Looking at Bush Administration numbers from Bradley Patterson's book, "To Serve The President," it seems that the Bush White House roughly $1.6 Billion dollars for the year 2008. Which is $200,000,000.00 more than Obama is alleged to have spent. Obama seems to have reduced spending. By a lot. Two hundred million less.
What a retarded argument.

It's like arguing that "Jimmy murdered 16 people.  Tommy only murdered 14 people.  Therefore, Tommy is a much better human being than Jimmy."

Whatever the Bush Administration is alleged to have spent in 2008 is irrelevant.  GWB is not currently in the White House, and is not currently running for reelection.  If Obama is spending $1.5b on feneral money on himself and his family for non-government business, then something is seriously wrong in the White House.  Trying to argue that it's OK because Bush did it is hardly a valid reason.
10/1/2012 12:00 PM (edited)
It's to add perspective. Alone, the fact that it costs $1.4 billion sounds outrageous. Put it next to what the last president spent and you see that it isn't out of line.
10/1/2012 12:01 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/1/2012 12:01:00 PM (view original):
It's to add perspective. Alone, the fact that it costs $1.4 billion sounds outrageous. Put it next to what the last president spent and you see that it isn't out of line.
Really?

Careless, irresponsible spending of taxpayer money is OK because somebody else has spent even more carelessly and irresponsibly?

Really?
10/1/2012 12:08 PM
What a retarded argument.

10/1/2012 12:09 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/1/2012 12:08:00 PM (view original):
Really?

Careless, irresponsible spending of taxpayer money is OK because somebody else has spent even more carelessly and irresponsibly?

Really?
Is it careless and irresponsible? I have no idea. We'd need to spend a ton of time analyzing the line by line expenses. I'm guessing 24 hour secret service protection is expensive. I'm guessing White House staff members have relatively large salaries. If you want to show me where they spent money filling toilets with dom perignon, I'll agree with you, but until then, I'd hold off on the partisan pettiness.
10/1/2012 12:15 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/1/2012 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Really?

Really?
Is it careless and irresponsible? I have no idea. We'd need to spend a ton of time analyzing the line by line expenses. I'm guessing 24 hour secret service protection is expensive. I'm guessing White House staff members have relatively large salaries. If you want to show me where they spent money filling toilets with dom perignon, I'll agree with you, but until then, I'd hold off on the partisan pettiness.

http://www.amazon.com/1-4-Billion-Dollar-Man-ebook/dp/B009DQLKQU

10/1/2012 12:35 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by genghisxcon on 10/1/2012 12:44:00 PM (view original):
The worst part of this thread is that it's called "The Royal Family," but there are no pics of a nekkid Kate.
Seriously. That's why I opened it.
10/1/2012 12:45 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/1/2012 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/1/2012 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Really?

Really?

http://www.amazon.com/1-4-Billion-Dollar-Man-ebook/dp/B009DQLKQU

The guy that authored that book also posted this cartoon on his website.
10/1/2012 12:46 PM
OMG!!!!  HE'S A RACIST!!!!!  

I guess that means any figure he puts out there must be made up.
10/1/2012 12:48 PM
1234 Next ▸
The Royal Family Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.