Today's the day.... Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 11/6/2012 1:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/6/2012 1:21:00 PM (view original):
We don't need to means test someone's will to vote. They are taking to time to fill out the ballot within the rules. Again, who gives a ****?

ID at the polls is an entirely different topic. In California, you don't have to show anything. You walk up to the poll, tell them your name, sign on the line, and vote.
It doesn't bother you that somebody could show up at your polling place, say they were you without having to produce any form of ID, and vote in your place?

I know somebody who had this exact scenario happen to her a number of years ago.  She showed up to vote and was told "You already voted".
I'm not arguing that point. I'm just telling you how it is. It's easier to steal someone's ballot at the polling place than it would be by absentee ballot.
11/6/2012 1:29 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/6/2012 1:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2012 1:27:00 PM (view original):
I think they think going to the polling place is too much work. 
I'm glad they get to vote by mail. Obama has a significant advantage in absentee ballots.
DING!!!! DING!!!! DING!!!! DING!!!!

We have a winner.
11/6/2012 1:30 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/6/2012 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/6/2012 1:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/6/2012 1:21:00 PM (view original):
We don't need to means test someone's will to vote. They are taking to time to fill out the ballot within the rules. Again, who gives a ****?

ID at the polls is an entirely different topic. In California, you don't have to show anything. You walk up to the poll, tell them your name, sign on the line, and vote.
It doesn't bother you that somebody could show up at your polling place, say they were you without having to produce any form of ID, and vote in your place?

I know somebody who had this exact scenario happen to her a number of years ago.  She showed up to vote and was told "You already voted".
I'm not arguing that point. I'm just telling you how it is. It's easier to steal someone's ballot at the polling place than it would be by absentee ballot.
What?
11/6/2012 1:31 PM
I'll admit to a slice of dumbassery today.   I hurriedly grabbed my voter card this morning and looked at the polling station.   Wasn't where I went in 2010 but it said my district had changed.  Stood there for 90 minutes only to be told I was at the wrong place.  I had grabbed a card from when I moved in 2005.

I'm in a red state that has been a red state as long as I can remember.   My vote doesn't matter according to you.   I'm going to the right spot within the next half hour.   My fault but I'll spend 3 hours in line today even though my vote "doesn't matter".   How many absentee voters would do that?
11/6/2012 1:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2012 1:31:00 PM (view original):
I'll admit to a slice of dumbassery today.   I hurriedly grabbed my voter card this morning and looked at the polling station.   Wasn't where I went in 2010 but it said my district had changed.  Stood there for 90 minutes only to be told I was at the wrong place.  I had grabbed a card from when I moved in 2005.

I'm in a red state that has been a red state as long as I can remember.   My vote doesn't matter according to you.   I'm going to the right spot within the next half hour.   My fault but I'll spend 3 hours in line today even though my vote "doesn't matter".   How many absentee voters would do that?
Who cares?
11/6/2012 1:32 PM
Everyone arguing against you, stupidfuck.
11/6/2012 1:33 PM
Most people don't have three hours to **** away because they're stupid.  Congrats?
11/6/2012 1:38 PM
Maybe we should put all polling places far from people's homes? Or make everyone go to ONE polling place and wait in a really long line? Or install a maze they have to run through before getting their ballots? Or shoot them with BB guns while they vote? I mean, we can't possible make it easy for someone to vote. God forbid we have a simple and easy process to get ballots turned in.
11/6/2012 1:39 PM
No.  We should have pollsters go door to door until they've taken everyone's vote.   That would make it easy enough and everyone would be counted.  MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
11/6/2012 1:40 PM
That's the opposite of easy.
11/6/2012 1:48 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/6/2012 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Maybe we should put all polling places far from people's homes? Or make everyone go to ONE polling place and wait in a really long line? Or install a maze they have to run through before getting their ballots? Or shoot them with BB guns while they vote? I mean, we can't possible make it easy for someone to vote. God forbid we have a simple and easy process to get ballots turned in.
My designated polling place is far from my house due to a quirk in the geography of my town.  It's also in the opposite direction from where I work.  There is another polling place much closer (and much more convenient), but I cannot vote there.

Shockingly, I still managed to endure a 25-30 minute "detour" from my normal route to work this morning to cast my ballot.  Without complaint!  What a tool I am.
11/6/2012 1:51 PM
Until we do away with the electoral college system, most votes really do not count.  If they did, Gore would have beat out Bush based on the popular vote.  I am an independent, so I don't hold any particular party line on this....I just think the guy with the most votes should win, period.  I know some people say larger states should have more sway in a voting like this, but for President...the guy represents ALL of us.
11/6/2012 2:02 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/6/2012 1:53:00 PM (view original):
My designated polling place is far from my house due to a quirk in the geography of my town.  It's also in the opposite direction from where I work.  There is another polling place much closer (and much more convenient), but I cannot vote there.

Shockingly, I still managed to endure a 25-30 minute "detour" from my normal route to work this morning to cast my ballot.  Without complaint!  What a tool I am.
Um ok.

You got a sticker right? Because you definitely deserve a sticker to show how much more you care about your country than the lazies that took advantage of the perfectly reasonable rule allowing anyone to vote by mail.
11/6/2012 2:04 PM

1 good example of this is my 85 year old grandmother.  She can barely walk, but she wanted to vote (for Romney, of course) so the mail in ballot was a big help to her.  I think this applies to a lot of older and disabled folks who would have a very difficult time getting out there and being in line for a long time.  My 2 cents.
11/6/2012 2:04 PM

What?!? You didn't wait in line for over an hour? 

You didn't suffer enough for your vote to count.
11/6/2012 2:06 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...12 Next ▸
Today's the day.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.