Media Bias Poll Topic

Obama had a huge lead before the conventions. It was looking like Goldwater in 64.

This was all turned around when he picked Palin.

After the Massacre of Palin's life Obama bounced back and won by solid numbers.

Do you really think it is a coincidence that for both of the Obama elections the pop culture declared the VPs to be crazy and stupid?
11/29/2012 8:50 PM
Nobody portrayed Paul Ryan to be "crazy and stupid".  They portrayed him to be heartless and evil towards the Medicare crowd.
11/29/2012 9:01 PM
I am almost sure "Has problems with math" implies stupid.
11/30/2012 12:16 AM
Nobody thinks Paul Ryan is crazy or stupid. Dishonest and deliberately misleading, yes, but he's a politician so that isn't unusual.
11/30/2012 12:21 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 11/30/2012 12:16:00 AM (view original):
I'm almost sure "has problems with math" implies that his plans aren't exactly what he's saying they are.
11/30/2012 12:55 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 11/29/2012 8:50:00 PM (view original):
Obama had a huge lead before the conventions. It was looking like Goldwater in 64.

This was all turned around when he picked Palin.

After the Massacre of Palin's life Obama bounced back and won by solid numbers.

Do you really think it is a coincidence that for both of the Obama elections the pop culture declared the VPs to be crazy and stupid?
All turned around? Delusional or revisionist, you make the call.
11/30/2012 12:57 AM
FAIR AND BALANCED: GRETA IS A SARAH SCHILL, HER HUSBAND WORKED FER PALIM
11/30/2012 4:35 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 11/30/2012 12:16:00 AM (view original):

sar·casm

/'s?r?kæz??m/ Show Spelled [sahr-kaz-uh?m] Show IPA
noun
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
11/30/2012 8:08 AM
It was a post convention bump. The more she talked, the more she cost him. Not that he didn't cost votes hisself.

I guarantee you, that like this time, the polls weren't representive of the minority vote. If you'd like, I'll show you how many times you quoted polls this last election cycle. Polls that were obviously wrong.
11/30/2012 10:03 AM
Actually the more she talked the more she reversed the negative image portrayed of her.

The actual hill McCain had to climb was huge. There was a big Democratic edge in 2008. He probably would still have lost, but no one let the election go and see what America wanted.
11/30/2012 7:31 PM
Does that actually make sense in your head?  No one let the election go and see what America wanted?  I'm not even 100% sure what you mean, but if I'm close it's a ridiculous statement, not that this should surprise anyone at this point...

And seriously, you don't think she put her foot in her mouth repeatedly?  I can see Russia from my house?  That working for her?  Really?
11/30/2012 9:17 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/30/2012 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Does that actually make sense in your head?  No one let the election go and see what America wanted?  I'm not even 100% sure what you mean, but if I'm close it's a ridiculous statement, not that this should surprise anyone at this point...

And seriously, you don't think she put her foot in her mouth repeatedly?  I can see Russia from my house?  That working for her?  Really?
She never said "I can see Russia from my house".

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/seealaska.asp

11/30/2012 9:23 PM (edited)
Actually, that kind of supports the idea of how the media slammed Palin, in that one of the more "infamous" moments attributed to her never actually happened.  People mis-remember the Tina Fay portrayals as being actual Sarah Palin moments.
11/30/2012 9:26 PM
I don't think this is helping your position at all.  How is what she really said better?  "You can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska."  She was asked a loaded question about having insight into Russian actions as a result of proximity.  There would be two good ways to answer the question.  Say SOME of the things she said later (see below) about being in a state which has to have additional concerns about potential Russian military movements is option 1.  The smarter option would be to say it wasn't really significant, the federal government and not my state government is responsible for ensuring the safety of all American people, including Alaskans.  However, in the event of any necessary defense mechanisms, my particular knowledge of the state of Alaska could help inform the planning process.

Here - later defending it, she claims they have "trade missions" back and forth.  She had never been to Russia.  In fact, she had never met with any Russian officials or, for that matter, any other foreign dignitaries at any time in her political career.

But what I really don't get about you taking the time to bring up the misquotation is that you actually are bringing the true interview into the forefront, which brings context into play.  Your 13-second clip doesn't show it, but the next thing she said is that she would favor bringing the Ukraine and Georgia into NATO, and that if that meant entering into a war with Russia she would be prepared to take that step as part of the NATO agreement.  Obviously nobody in the military wants a war between the two biggest nuclear powers on Earth.  You really think that the real interview, complete with "yeah, I'd go to war with Russia," is better than the "I can see Russia from my house" tagline?  'Cause I don't.
11/30/2012 9:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Media Bias Poll Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.