IMPORTANT POLL Topic

To insist that a young earth theory is just as likely to be correct as an old earth theory is laughable.  You portray yourself as a complete fool the more you insist that.

I think your inability to see things objectively is laughable, and I think YOU are the one who is portraying yourself as a fool. So that makes us even.

Yet the difference between you and I is that you want to call me names and attack me rather than trying to assemble any argument for your position, and THAT is why I think you're a fool.

You have nothing of substance to offer - only childish attempts at name calling and foolish insults that get you nowhere.

I guess you're comfortable acting like a child throwing a temper tantrum while the adults roll their eyes and leave you to your own devices. That's what I'm doing here. Have fun running around screaming and calling me names. No one cares.

1/3/2013 10:27 AM (edited)
Please explain how you've shown scientific arguments for a young earth.

So far the only things you've given us are:

-There shouldn't be any carbon 14 left.
We know that's not true since c14 is produced in the atmosphere.

-1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics.
The laws themselves are not an argument for a young earth. You'll need to show how this is related.

-petrified trees forming quickly.
You'll need to explain this one further.
1/3/2013 10:32 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/3/2013 10:27:00 AM (view original):
To insist that a young earth theory is just as likely to be correct as an old earth theory is laughable.  You portray yourself as a complete fool the more you insist that.

I think your inability to see things objectively is laughable, and I think YOU are the one who is portraying yourself as a fool. So that makes us even.

Yet the difference between you and I is that you want to call me names and attack me rather than trying to assemble any argument for your position, and THAT is why I think you're a fool.

You have nothing of substance to offer - only childish attempts at name calling and foolish insults that get you nowhere.

I guess you're comfortable acting like a child throwing a temper tantrum while the adults roll their eyes and leave you to your own devices. That's what I'm doing here. Have fun running around screaming and calling me names. No one cares.

"I know you are, but what I am?".

Whatever, dude.
1/3/2013 10:38 AM
"I know you are, but what I am?". Whatever, dude.
Nice to see you finally get the point that what you have to say is illogical when it's turned back around on you.

Funny how that works. You think name calling and insults are perfectly reasonable until I creatively point out how illogical they are and use your own fallacies against you. It worked like a charm, and now it's "whatever, dude" from you.

Whatever indeed. No one cares that you can run around screaming and call me names like a child. You've got nothing of substance to offer and you never did.

1/3/2013 11:22 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/3/2013 10:32:00 AM (view original):

The laws themselves are not an argument for a young earth. You'll need to show how this is related.

Do you have an answer for this?
1/3/2013 11:37 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/3/2013 11:23:00 AM (view original):
"I know you are, but what I am?". Whatever, dude.
Nice to see you finally get the point that what you have to say is illogical when it's turned back around on you.

Funny how that works. You think name calling and insults are perfectly reasonable until I creatively point out how illogical they are and use your own fallacies against you. It worked like a charm, and now it's "whatever, dude" from you.

Whatever indeed. No one cares that you can run around screaming and call me names like a child. You've got nothing of substance to offer and you never did.

Is that your "victory" speech?

Did you wear your clown shoes when you wrote it?
1/3/2013 11:40 AM

As they say: been there, done that.

You may delight in repeating yourself, but I'm not going to do it. Go back and read my response from last time.
No. It's just me telling you I'm going to treat you like a child since you insist upon acting like one. Keep yelling insults. No one cares.

I only respond because every now and then you moderately amuse me with your ridiculous antics. When I decide you are too boring to waste any more time on, then I will simply stop responding at all.
1/3/2013 12:03 PM
Nope. No answer.

There is no evidence of a young earth.

You've tried and failed.
1/3/2013 12:05 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/3/2013 10:32:00 AM (view original):

For someone who likes to hear themselves talk (or read the things they've typed) so much, it should be easy for you to whip up a quick argument on the validity of your evidence. But you can't because your evidence sucks.
1/3/2013 12:08 PM
Posted by bistiza on 1/3/2013 12:03:00 PM (view original):

As they say: been there, done that.

You may delight in repeating yourself, but I'm not going to do it. Go back and read my response from last time.
No. It's just me telling you I'm going to treat you like a child since you insist upon acting like one. Keep yelling insults. No one cares.

I only respond because every now and then you moderately amuse me with your ridiculous antics. When I decide you are too boring to waste any more time on, then I will simply stop responding at all.
Bullshit. 

Your ego, your arrogance, and your pathetic thirst for attention will not allow you to stop responding.
1/3/2013 12:10 PM
Nope. No answer. There is no evidence of a young earth. You've tried and failed.

Your failure to read doesn't mean I failed to offer the evidence.
For someone who likes to hear themselves talk (or read the things they've typed) so much, it should be easy for you to whip up a quick argument on the validity of your evidence. But you can't because your evidence sucks.

Again, I've been there and done that. It's there if you want to read it. Stop pretending it doesn't exist because you are too lazy or stubborn to go read it.
Bullshit.  Your ego, your arrogance, and your pathetic thirst for attention will not allow you to stop responding.
Nice try, but no. As I said, you mildly amuse me with these foolish statements.

You began with incessant childish name calling and insults. Now you've relabeled that as your own ridiculous analysis of what you think of me. Never mind you have no credibility to say anything about me because your opinion of me is biased as you can't get over the fact that I would dare to disagree with your mighty opinion and think for myself.

Anyone reading this gets that about you now - that they aren't allowed to disagree with you or you'll scream and cry like a child and call them names and keep insulting them, all the while trying to find new ways to do it.

What's next? Another creative name to call me? Another inventive insult you'll hurl my way?

Keep the laughs coming. When I tire of you, this will end - because you sure won't end it.

If you want to know why, take a look at what you thought you were writing about me, then look in the mirror. Oh, wait, you're not like that, right? That's why you certainly won't respond to this post, and definitely not with any name calling or insults, because that would mean it is your ego, your arrogance, and your thirst for attention that keeps this going.
1/3/2013 12:46 PM
I've addressed or asked you to clarify the THREE pieces of evidence you've given for a young earth. You've refused to respond.

Here they are again:

1/3/2013 12:51 PM
You're a sad, pathetic little person.  So full of yourself, yet you don't realize that everybody's laughing AT you; not WITH you.

It's ironic that you're posting this self-serving drivel in a thread that was created to note how out of touch with reality you are.

I'm done.  Enjoy your "victory".  I'll even let you have the last word.
1/3/2013 12:57 PM

TYVM!

1/3/2013 1:03 PM
I've addressed or asked you to clarify the THREE pieces of evidence you've given for a young earth. You've refused to respond.
I responded and you ignored it. You keep asking for the same information I've already provided.

I absolutely will not be repeating myself because you are either too lazy or too deliberately stubborn to read what I wrote before.  This will be the last time I tell you the information is already there, so asking again won't do you any more good than it did here.
You're a sad, pathetic little person.  So full of yourself, yet you don't realize that everybody's laughing AT you; not WITH you.

I'm left with two alternatives here: 

First, you've been goofing around and acting like a childish jerk for some odd reason. That's the assumption I'd been working under. You're just throwing out insults because you wanted to act ridiculous for some reason of your own, and it's all been an act. So I went along and got to laugh at all the foolish things you were saying.

Second, that you actually mean any of what you're saying. No offense, but that  would mean you have serious problems.  If that's the case, here's some constructive advice that really would help you if you read it and take it to heart (and if you choose not to, I don't care). These are things you probably should have learned when you were no older than ten, but it appears you never did:

People can and will disagree with you in this life. That's normal and you should expect it. You aren't always right, and they aren't always wrong. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Attacking others for disagreeing with you is ignorant and disrespectful and only makes you look foolish.  If someone has ideas different from your own, you might learn something from listening to what they have to say. Even if you don't, learning how to agree to disagree could go a long way in your interactions with others.

If you've only been messing around, then feel free to post and say that. If you've been serious, then please seek some professional help.

1/3/2013 2:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...37 Next ▸
IMPORTANT POLL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.