WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Why does Joe Citizen NEED a handgun?
If you don't think he does, you are free to argue for a handgun ban.
1/23/2013 2:10 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/23/2013 2:10:00 PM (view original):
I'm just trying to prevent murders and mass shootings.   Seems like handguns are used A LOT in these.

Do you not want to prevent murders and mass shootings?
1/23/2013 2:11 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 2:11:00 PM (view original):
I'm just trying to prevent murders and mass shootings.   Seems like handguns are used A LOT in these.

I don't think a handgun ban is a viable option. But if that's what you want, go for it.
1/23/2013 2:12 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/23/2013 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 2:11:00 PM (view original):

I don't think a handgun ban is a viable option. But if that's what you want, go for it.
So you want to ban the weapon that is used LESS in murders and mass shootings?

Does that make sense in your head?    Because it makes no sense in writing.
1/23/2013 2:15 PM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 1/23/2013 2:13:00 PM (view original):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M60rLoCbbo
tru dat
1/23/2013 2:24 PM
Again we jump from logic to feelings.

I agree that a complete ban on all private weapons and a massive seizure of all private weapons in America along with strong penalties that are strictly enforced might reduce crime.

No one thinks that is going to happen. 

Anything else is just a form of us taking weapons away from law abiding citizens and make it harder for them to protect themselves against criminals.
1/23/2013 2:54 PM
1/23/2013 2:58 PM
bad_luck wants a ban on HCAW because he thinks it would be possible to do.
Banning hand guns in his mind isn't an option because that would be next to impossible to do.
Therefore we should never try to accomplish something that is hard. Only try for the easy stuff. 
We have to do something, Right? Typical knee-jerk reaction. Even when it will make no difference.
1/23/2013 3:18 PM

At the end of the day, with his "case" presented back to him, he decided to STFU.    I think that should close this thread down. 

1/23/2013 3:42 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 3:42:00 PM (view original):

At the end of the day, with his "case" presented back to him, he decided to STFU.    I think that should close this thread down. 

Now, now, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Banning HCAW won't make us as safe as banning all guns. Agreed.
But is banning all guns an option? I don't think it is. There is a real downside there that doesn't exist if you just ban HCAW.

Once again: No one is arguing that this is a perfect solution. No one is arguing that this will stop all mass shootings or that all shooters use HCAW. It's just an incremental improvement in public safety.
1/23/2013 4:37 PM
Of the mass shootings I listed, only 1 "featured" a HCAW.  

When something as drastic as altering an amendment is recommended, I think the change needs to be more than window dressing.   As previously stated, a HCAW ban is nothing more than a "feel good" moment where the gun control advocates can hug one another and have a good cry for "doing something".

Pointless.
1/23/2013 5:09 PM
There's a report that states Lanza left his AR in the car and used 4 handguns.  

Please continue.
1/23/2013 5:14 PM
There's a lot of misinformation out there.   Just proves that neither side really gives a rip about 20 dead kids.  They only care about their agenda.

As I understand it, and there's not much that disputes it, 4 guns were seized.   2 handguns, an AW with a 30 round clip(not 100 rounds) and a shotgun.   No one seems to dispute that both handguns were found inside the school.   The question seems to be whether the AW or shotgun was found in the car and therefore not used in the massacre. 

If the initial reports of several children with "numerous" wounds were correct, I'd probably lean towards the shotgun being used since it was a 30 round clip because he'd have had to have numerous clips.  I haven't seen anything listing the number of clips found.
1/23/2013 5:36 PM
"Once again: No one is arguing that this is a perfect solution. No one is arguing that this will stop all mass shootings or that all shooters use HCAW. It's just an incremental improvement in public safety."

That increment is soooo small you'll never see the difference.

We could try taking away hard liquor to help keep drunks off the road but they would just sauce out on beer and wine. Same thing.
1/23/2013 5:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...26 Next ▸
WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.