WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Posted by deathinahole on 1/24/2013 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Yes, guns and ammo stored seperate.
"Defend ourselves"...from what? Every one of my neighbours that has a gun uses it to shoot turkey, deer or coyotes.
What about wild boars?
1/24/2013 8:28 PM
All enemies both foreign and domestic.
1/24/2013 8:36 PM
That's a sad mindset to live with. I hope you find peace one day.
1/24/2013 8:58 PM
Canadians don't have enemies.  Unless you count the other countries that beat them up, take their lunch money, and give them wedgies.
1/24/2013 8:59 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/24/2013 8:28:00 PM (view original):
"Defend ourselves"...from what? Every one of my neighbours that has a gun uses it to shoot turkey, deer or coyotes.
What about wild boars?
They apologize and move on.
1/24/2013 8:59 PM
So the government has massive rules that you have to follow as a citizen for the "Right" to own a gun.

And if we had the population of California in our whole country we would have less mass shootings. Everyone is so much farther away.
1/24/2013 11:37 PM
Posted by deathinahole on 1/24/2013 8:58:00 PM (view original):
That's a sad mindset to live with. I hope you find peace one day.
Sad...or pragmatic?
1/25/2013 12:28 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/24/2013 11:37:00 PM (view original):
So the government has massive rules that you have to follow as a citizen for the "Right" to own a gun.

And if we had the population of California in our whole country we would have less mass shootings. Everyone is so much farther away.
Swamp, once again showing ignorance. Where do most Canadians actually live Swamp? In a strip across the south, about 100 miles (162km for our good neighbors to the north) wide, next to the border. As for your continued ignorance of Canada Swamp, we will have Nunavit.
1/25/2013 12:30 AM
So about 24 million people live within 100 miles of a HUGE border.

Still cannot compare it to America.
1/25/2013 1:28 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/24/2013 6:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/24/2013 5:37:00 PM (view original):
What's funny to me is that my only real objection to the ban on HCAW is the government seizure of property that was purchased legally.

I'm surprised that so many of you are OK with that in order to make a "small", yet unsubstantiated, improvement in public safety.
9/11 changed my attitude about sacrifices that need to be made in exchanges for security.  Not just for myself, but also for my family.

I assume you've flown both before and after 9/11 and know what I'm talking about (even if you don't agree).

I'll also admit that not being a gun owner myself, and not understanding the deep seated passionate NEED for personal ownership of HCAW that some people seem to have, is easy for me to be OK with the government taking them away.
I'm sure you know the difference between taking a plane and owning a gun.    There is no amendment giving you the "right to fly".  

As I've said, over and over and over again, if rounding up all the HCAW would somehow improve our safety, I'd be willing to listen to the argument to confiscate them.   No one has provided any proof that it would or that they're far more dangerous than the common handgun. 
1/25/2013 8:14 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/25/2013 1:28:00 AM (view original):
So about 24 million people live within 100 miles of a HUGE border.

Still cannot compare it to America.
US, 4.1 murders per 100000.

In developed nations, only Russia and Ukraine are higher.

2010 data.

And it's sad, not pragmatic, but it's also an opinion. I'm sure you'd be 100% miserable up here,
1/25/2013 8:19 AM
Some people need a murderin'.

Nonetheless, murder isn't the issue in this thread.   It's the ban, and confiscation, of HCAW.    The percentage of murders committed by a HCAW is miniscule.   A handgun is much more effective and used FAR more often.
1/25/2013 8:35 AM
The mindset leads to this discussion. The mindset leads to your murder rate.

In most developed countries, this is a ridiculous discussion.
1/25/2013 8:43 AM
It's a cultural difference.   We live in a more aggressive society.   And, as I near my 50s, I can say even moreso now than 20-30 years ago. 

With freedom comes responsibility.   We, as a country, aren't doing well in the "responsibility" part of that equation. 
1/25/2013 8:46 AM
I think, if this were an honest discussion(and it's certainly not), no one would say they feel unsafe when they walk the streets, go to the mall, drop their kids off at school or hit the theater.    Sure, there are certain situations that we either avoid or get away from if it looks like trouble is coming.   The removal of legal HCAW from our culture wouldn't change that one bit. 
1/25/2013 8:52 AM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...26 Next ▸
WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.