DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 4/15/2013 10:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 4/15/2013 9:42:00 AM (view original):
I know a bunch of chicks that thought they were lesbian and then switched over to the other side.  Never heard of a dude switching.
College lesbos. 

Probably more "men are dicks, lemme see how this lesbian thing works" than anything else.

Men don't switch because if you suck one dick, you're a dicksucker for life. 
Yup
4/15/2013 11:14 PM
Good. Sexuality is not a choice.

You can deny it all you want, but sexuality IS  a choice for EVERYONE.

The only people who say it isn't are those who feel the need to justify the decisions they or others make or those stupid enough to buy into propaganda designed to justify those decisions.

So you either feel the need to justify something that doesn't need justification or you're stupid. Pick one.
4/16/2013 8:33 AM
Or I know that I didn't choose to be straight and then I apply the same logic to gay people.
4/16/2013 10:13 AM
Or I know that I didn't choose to be straight and then I apply the same logic to gay people.
So you didn't choose who you were with in romantic and/or sexual situations? If so, you should report that to police, as it's a crime for someone to force you to be with someone else like that.

Yes, BL, you're simply too entertaining to block, and unlike at least one other person you actually do present a few interesting points now and again.

4/16/2013 10:39 AM
No, I choose who I'm with, I just don't choose whether or not I'm attracted to men.
4/16/2013 11:09 AM
Why didnt you choose to be with men instead of women?
4/16/2013 11:10 AM
So you do choose your sexual preference then, you just don't choose who you are attracted to. Got it.

Likewise, I choose to prefer women instead of men. Women make for better mates for me personally, and suit my other life goals much better (example, I'd like to have a biological child of my own if possible, and that can't happen with a man). I'm also more physically attracted to most women than I am to most men.

Still, I'm not foolish enough to buy into propaganda that says I did not have a choice when I know better. Anyone who is honest with themselves will admit that who you are with is a choice.

No one is an absolute slave to the physical features they find most attractive in a mate. I prefer natural blondes, but had a relationship with a brunette many years ago. I also have many other preferences in terms of physical characteristics - none of them prevent me from being in a romantic and/or sexual relationship with someone who doesn't possess one or more of those characteristics.

None of your preferences in the physical characteristics of a mate absolutely prevents you from choosing someone who doesn't possess those characteristics, either - UNLESS you CHOOSE to make that characteristic a "deal breaker" for you personally.

You have every right to do that, but don't try to tell me it's not a choice.

4/16/2013 11:19 AM
Do you believe homosexuals should go to gay reparative therapy?
4/16/2013 11:35 AM
A decision to go to therapy over sexual issues is the same as any other decision to go to therapy.

I see no reason anyone who is otherwise happy with their decisions - including those of sexual status - should go to therapy over those decisions.

4/16/2013 11:38 AM
I love chicken parm.  I hate eggplant parm.  Eggplant parm makes me nauseous.  Am I making a choice that I hate eggplant parm?  No.  I could make a choice to eat eggplant parm (or have gay sex) and possibly vomit in the process, yes.  But no reasonable person would do that.

Are we cleared up now?
4/16/2013 11:42 AM
Hehe.  burnsy compares gay sex to eating eggplant parm.

I don't know if the gays will picket his house or bring him some eggplant parm.

4/16/2013 11:45 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/16/2013 11:19:00 AM (view original):
So you do choose your sexual preference then, you just don't choose who you are attracted to. Got it.

Likewise, I choose to prefer women instead of men. Women make for better mates for me personally, and suit my other life goals much better (example, I'd like to have a biological child of my own if possible, and that can't happen with a man). I'm also more physically attracted to most women than I am to most men.

Still, I'm not foolish enough to buy into propaganda that says I did not have a choice when I know better. Anyone who is honest with themselves will admit that who you are with is a choice.

No one is an absolute slave to the physical features they find most attractive in a mate. I prefer natural blondes, but had a relationship with a brunette many years ago. I also have many other preferences in terms of physical characteristics - none of them prevent me from being in a romantic and/or sexual relationship with someone who doesn't possess one or more of those characteristics.

None of your preferences in the physical characteristics of a mate absolutely prevents you from choosing someone who doesn't possess those characteristics, either - UNLESS you CHOOSE to make that characteristic a "deal breaker" for you personally.

You have every right to do that, but don't try to tell me it's not a choice.

Have you ever had sex with a man?
4/16/2013 11:46 AM
Just trying to put in into terms for biz and BL to understand.
4/16/2013 11:46 AM
Good luck with that.
4/16/2013 11:49 AM
I love chicken parm.  I hate eggplant parm.  Eggplant parm makes me nauseous.  Am I making a choice that I hate eggplant parm?  No.  I could make a choice to eat eggplant parm (or have gay sex) and possibly vomit in the process, yes.  But no reasonable person would do that.

Are we cleared up now?

No.

It seems like you're agreeing that it IS a choice, but are also saying some people are so set in certain of their physical preferences in mates (such as gender) to the extent that they would not reasonably choose anything other than their personal preference.

If that's what you are saying, I agree with that assessment - everyone evaluates different things when making choices, including sexual preferences, and there's nothing wrong with that.
4/16/2013 11:49 AM
◂ Prev 1...75|76|77|78|79...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.