DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Biz - Why do you care so much that someone defines their "sexual status" the way you want that person to? If I were to hook up with a man, why would you need to insist I was gay or bisexual? 
4/23/2013 3:31 PM
Posted by bistiza on 4/23/2013 3:22:00 PM (view original):
You aren't rich. You wish you were rich because it would make your life easier, but you aren't.
You have no idea what I am or what I wish. It's called a hypothetical.
Bruce isn't straight. He wishes he was straight because it would make his life easier, but he's not.
All he has to do is choose to be with women if he wants to be straight. It's not a difficult concept. That choice may not be his preference, but he can make that choice if he wants to be straight.

Saying he can't choose to be straight would be like saying you want to eat a cheeseburger but you're afraid it will make you fat if you do. If you CHOOSE not to eat the cheeseburger, that doesn't mean you somehow couldn't have eaten it - it just means you chose not to.

In the same way, if Bruce wants to be with a woman and be straight but is afraid he won't like it, that doesn't mean he can't choose to be straight - it just means he chose not to do so.
?
You missed the point. Wanting to be rich doesn't make you rich and wanting to be straight doesn't make you straight.

Logic.

From your own example. Now get lost, child.
4/23/2013 3:37 PM
Wait... biz's argument is that logic dictates that your sexual preference doesn't determine your sexual preference?  And you guys are still arguing with him?  Nice.
4/23/2013 3:41 PM
No, his argument is that preference has nothing to do with it.  

Gay: "I prefer the same sex. I'm homosexual."
Biz: "Those two things have nothing to do with each other."
Gay: "Huh? Being homosexual means..."
Biz: "No. Buy my dictionary."
4/23/2013 3:46 PM
To be fair, I've only been doing periodic hit-and-run posts over the past couple of weeks to poke biz with a stick.  Because it's fun to see what stupid thing he'll say next.

No, what you've been doing is showing how even in a community mostly devoid of logic, you're still the village idiot.
Biz - Why do you care so much that someone defines their "sexual status" the way you want that person to?

It's not about the way I want anyone to define their sexual status (or whatever PC term you want to give it).

It's about using simple logic to look through the veil of propaganda.
If I were to hook up with a man, why would you need to insist I was gay or bisexual?
I don't need to insist anything. Logic does it for me.

The more important question is, why would you need to insist you weren't gay or bisexual?

The reason it's more important is because it gets the crux of why the agendas and propaganda exist in the first place - because people want to disassociate from the choices they've made.

For example, they tell themselves it's okay that they slept with someone of the gender that isn't their preference, because after all they are what they say they are, not what logic says they are.
You missed the point. Wanting to be rich doesn't make you rich and wanting to be straight doesn't make you straight.
No, YOU missed the point and went off on your own tangent. Like I said before, until the money pile falls on my head, your reasoning holds no merit.
Logic.

From your own example. Now get lost, child.

That wasn't logic. It was just you saying the same thing you've been saying. And as I said, it still doesn't hold water until that pile of money just falls on my head.

If you think I'm a child, then you must feel terrible when you realize a child has outwitted you at every turn in this discussion.

4/23/2013 3:47 PM
Wait... biz's argument is that logic dictates that your sexual preference doesn't determine your sexual preference?  And you guys are still arguing with him?  Nice.

Clearly someone didn't read the posts. Understandable given how long this has gone on, but don't just jump to a conclusion.

My argument is that logic dictates that  the choice of your partners determines your sexual status.

Their argument is that you get to make up your own sexual status no matter who you're with or what you do, with no rhyme or reason whatsoever.
4/23/2013 3:48 PM
If you're gay but you wish you were straight, can you become straight?
4/23/2013 3:49 PM
Posted by bistiza on 4/23/2013 3:49:00 PM (view original):

Clearly someone didn't read the posts. Understandable given how long this has gone on, but don't just jump to a conclusion.

My argument is that logic dictates that  the choice of your partners determines your sexual status.

Their argument is that you get to make up your own sexual status no matter who you're with or what you do, with no rhyme or reason whatsoever.
Not without rhyme or reason. Your sexuality is determined by what sex you are attracted to.
4/23/2013 3:50 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/23/2013 3:31:00 PM (view original):
Biz - Why do you care so much that someone defines their "sexual status" the way you want that person to? If I were to hook up with a man, why would you need to insist I was gay or bisexual? 
Why do you care so much about how biz defines anyone's sexual status?
4/23/2013 3:53 PM
I don't need to insist anything. Logic does it for me.  The more important question is, why would you need to insist you weren't gay or bisexual? 

I wouldn't insist anything.  I would tell you I was straight if I prefer women to men.  If you disagree, I'd probably laugh.  I know what it means to be straight or gay, and there isn't any way you would know better than I would.  

What better defines one "sexual status" given the above situation (The "PC" phrase YOU used.)

"Yes, I've slept with a man before, but I'm straight." 
"I'm bisexual."
4/23/2013 3:55 PM
If you're gay but you wish you were straight, can you become straight?
This is a moot question.

There is no logical reason someone would just continue to be in relationships or sleeping with someone of the same gender when they don't want to do so.
4/23/2013 4:02 PM
Not without rhyme or reason. Your sexuality is determined by what sex you are attracted to.

Sorry. Without LOGICAL rhyme or reason.

Everyone is what they say they are. I'm the pope and batman because I say so. You're straight because you say so. Criminals are all innocent if they say so. Yeah that all makes perfect sense.
 I would tell you I was straight if I prefer women to men.  If you disagree, I'd probably laugh.  I know what it means to be straight or gay, and there isn't any way you would know better than I would.  

Well I know what it means to be the batpope (batman and the pope at once). If you disagree, I'd probably laugh. There isn't any way you would know better than I would.
"Yes, I've slept with a man before, but I'm straight." 
"I'm bisexual."

Bisexual. The other one is just a lie you tell yourself and anyone who will believe you.
4/23/2013 4:05 PM
A criminal is someone who has committed a crime.  If this person tells himself he's not a criminal, he's wrong.
A homosexual is someone who prefers the same sex to the opposite sex.  If this person tells himself he's not homosexual, he's wrong.
4/23/2013 4:11 PM
Tired of this.  I want to say I'm done with this argument, as it IS going in circles, but I know I'm probably just done for today.
4/23/2013 4:15 PM
SAY IT!!!!!
4/23/2013 4:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...91|92|93|94|95...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.