DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by bistiza on 5/1/2013 10:48:00 AM (view original):
There's nothing to justify. 

I agree, which is why I accept the fact that sexuality is a choice.

Anyone who can't accept that fact and insists otherwise is either trying to justify those choices or can't think critically enough to see through the propaganda which attempts to justify it.
There's nothing to justify.  It you have a relationship or sex with anyone, you did that, it's a choice you made.  Nobody is arguing that choice wasn't made.
5/1/2013 10:53 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 10:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 10:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 10:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 9:50:00 AM (view original):
What burns said. It here are exceptions to every rule but for the vast majority of the population, there is no choice in sexuality.

So, at this point, you're claiming that SOME people have a choice in their sexuality?

Isn't that counter to what you've argued for about 100 pages?

Yes.  And some people are born with tails.  If I say "humans don't have tails" would you say "NO! SOME DO!"
OK, I'll get to the point(even if it makes me feel dirty).

biz has argued against gay marriage because he claims it's a lifestyle choice.    burnsyluck has argued "NOFUCKINGWAY!!!  THEY'RE BORN GAY!!!!"

Now, you and your buddy are saying "Well, yeah, I guess, if you insist, there might be exceptions.  Maybe.  I don't know.  I've never actually met an exception but, I guess, I haven't met everybody.  Well, maybe."   Then you throw out a percentage like you have some solid data.

Honestly, if both of you hadn't responded to my "Maybe it's a little more complicated than any of us know" comment, neither of you would look quite as wishy-washy stupid right now.
Oh I get it know. You hate it when someone makes a general point and doesn't hedge against all possible exceptions. Chill out, woman.
It's not quite that.

It's just that a few of you have been so sure you're right that you can't even hear the other POV.   

Now, to get back to page 1, if you believe that it's possible that one can choose to be gay, couldn't one choose to be straight?   And get a legal marriage within the confines of the law?   After all, choosing to be gay is more difficult and will prevent a legal marriage in many states.
I don't believe that sexuality is a choice because it is based on attraction that you can't control.
5/1/2013 11:01 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Do you need the details on why I'd call you ignorant and insensitive?  Aren't they obvious?

I'm willing to accept that there are some asexual or bisexual people who could choose to have a heterosexual lifestyle, marriage, etc, who have chosen to have a homosexual lifestyle.  I'm not sure why that matters, though.
Here ya' go, burnsyluck.

And, if your reasoning for denying gay marriage is that it's a choice, well, your argument is made.
5/1/2013 11:38 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 11:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 10:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 10:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 10:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 9:50:00 AM (view original):
What burns said. It here are exceptions to every rule but for the vast majority of the population, there is no choice in sexuality.

So, at this point, you're claiming that SOME people have a choice in their sexuality?

Isn't that counter to what you've argued for about 100 pages?

Yes.  And some people are born with tails.  If I say "humans don't have tails" would you say "NO! SOME DO!"
OK, I'll get to the point(even if it makes me feel dirty).

biz has argued against gay marriage because he claims it's a lifestyle choice.    burnsyluck has argued "NOFUCKINGWAY!!!  THEY'RE BORN GAY!!!!"

Now, you and your buddy are saying "Well, yeah, I guess, if you insist, there might be exceptions.  Maybe.  I don't know.  I've never actually met an exception but, I guess, I haven't met everybody.  Well, maybe."   Then you throw out a percentage like you have some solid data.

Honestly, if both of you hadn't responded to my "Maybe it's a little more complicated than any of us know" comment, neither of you would look quite as wishy-washy stupid right now.
Oh I get it know. You hate it when someone makes a general point and doesn't hedge against all possible exceptions. Chill out, woman.
It's not quite that.

It's just that a few of you have been so sure you're right that you can't even hear the other POV.   

Now, to get back to page 1, if you believe that it's possible that one can choose to be gay, couldn't one choose to be straight?   And get a legal marriage within the confines of the law?   After all, choosing to be gay is more difficult and will prevent a legal marriage in many states.
I don't believe that sexuality is a choice because it is based on attraction that you can't control.
Define "controllable attractions".
5/1/2013 11:39 AM
Why? I never used that term.
5/1/2013 11:46 AM
Do you believe there are attractions that you can't control?    Looks like you do.

Doesn't it stand to reason that there are attractions that you can control?
5/1/2013 11:49 AM
I don't believe that you can control sexual attraction. What other kinds of attraction are you referring to?
5/1/2013 11:53 AM
Is that the only attraction you can't control?
5/1/2013 11:55 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 11:55:00 AM (view original):
I don't know. Why don't you give me an example of another type of attraction?
5/1/2013 11:55 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 11:38:00 AM (view original):
Do you need the details on why I'd call you ignorant and insensitive?  Aren't they obvious?

I'm willing to accept that there are some asexual or bisexual people who could choose to have a heterosexual lifestyle, marriage, etc, who have chosen to have a homosexual lifestyle.  I'm not sure why that matters, though.
Here ya' go, burnsyluck.

And, if your reasoning for denying gay marriage is that it's a choice, well, your argument is made.
"Being a choice" isnt a reason for denying anything.  There's more to that dumbass argument.
5/1/2013 11:57 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 11:38:00 AM (view original):

Here ya' go, burnsyluck.

"Being a choice" isnt a reason for denying anything.  There's more to that dumbass argument.
Sure it is.    Gay marriage is not legal in many states.    If you want to get married, don't choose a same sex partner(which I thought we agreed, was a possibility). 
5/1/2013 12:00 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 11:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 11:55:00 AM (view original):
I don't know. Why don't you give me an example of another type of attraction?
I'm not the one making statements about uncontrollable attractions.    Why don't you give me some more examples?
5/1/2013 12:00 PM
It's your argument, dumbass. I'm not arguing that attractions can be controlled. I'm saying sexual attraction can't.
5/1/2013 12:03 PM
And, as the expert on uncontrollable attractions, I'm asking you to let us in on some other ones.    The people want to be more informed.
5/1/2013 12:06 PM
Ok. I can't think of any. What's your point?
5/1/2013 12:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...111|112|113|114|115...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.