DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Haha very good, see you caught it.
5/1/2013 2:11 PM
Common sense is one.  Probably everyone you ever ask the question of "Can you decide you want to be attracted to the opposite sex of what you're attracted to now?" is another.

Common sense suggests sexuality is dictated by action, so your line of reasoning actually supports my argument, not yours.

What people think doesn't do anything to support your point of view, never mind that you have no idea what "everyone you ever ask" might say in response to that question.
Yes, I understand you define them that way in regards to sexuality.

No, that's not what I said.

I said I recognize that people are defined by what they do, not by attraction, feelings, or what they say they are.

Logical reasoning defines them this way. I choose to recognize logical reasoning trumps over propaganda based lies.

In the meantime, you and others deny logical reasoning because you are either deliberately putting forth lies and propaganda or you can't think critically enough to see past them.

So you're either a liar or a fool - pick one.

5/1/2013 2:13 PM
"You agreed that there might be some homosexuals who chose that lifestyle.   Some have argued that choosing to be homosexual does not mean you get the same rights to marriage.    Now we just need to sort out who chose to be a homosexual and who had the uncontrollable sexual attraction to the same sex.   Then we can argue who should be allowed to be legally married."

I'll use common sense (Why would a heterosexual choose to be in a homosexual relationship?) and personal experience and say at least 99% of people in homosexual relationships have an attraction to the same sex.  You will now ask "How do you know?!?!?" and I'll probably decide to ask you that question every time you make a statement regarding anything.
5/1/2013 2:15 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Don't like the "GOTCHA!!!" moment when it's used against you?

I dare say you are not an expert on human behavior or sexual attraction.   You do not know if people are born gay, straight, bisexual or asexual.   In fact, when confronted with your lack of knowledge on how people are born, you quickly, within minutes, agreed that people could actually be born with no sexual attraction to either sex after denying such a thing could ever happen.   You've also agreed that sexual attraction, despite your lack of expertise, could change from one sex to the other. 

Nonetheless, back on point, one of your main contentions has been that gay people do not choose to be gay and, therefore, should be given the same rights to marriage.   You have contradicted yourself, repeatedly, over the last 3-4 pages.   

While biz is batshit crazy(or an expert troll), he does stick to his argument regardless of how retarded it is.     Maybe you could do the same.
Um, what?

You can't controll what gender you are attracted to. This is a fact. Some people are only attracted to one gender. Some people are attracted to both or no gender.

You do have a choice in who you sleep with.

All of this is irrelevant to the marriage question. Even if it was a choice, gay people should still be allowed to marry.

What's your point?
"You can't controll what gender you are attracted to.  This is a fact."

Sources?   I'll need a few. 
Common sense is one.  Probably everyone you ever ask the question of "Can you decide you want to be attracted to the opposite sex of what you're attracted to now?" is another.
Sorry, that's not good enough.   You strongly stated that sexual attraction is uncontrollable.    I want to know how you know this.  
How do you know that being gay is a choice? Did you choose to be straight?
I need sources. How do you know that attraction is a choice?
5/1/2013 2:17 PM
I don't understand how it could be controllable.  Maybe you can explain.

Anyone can control their sexuality. You simply make the choice to be with someone of whatever gender you want. It's that simple. Whether you are attracted to them or not is beside the point - you still can make the choice, regardless of attraction.

I already gave myself as a hypothetical example of how someone can control their sexuality and choose whoever they want to be with, prompting someone to ignorantly suggest that I must be bisexual because they didn't understand that it was a hypothetical and didn't actually represent me personally. I then suggested that their logic indicated everyone was bisexual and they promptly stopped arguing that point.

5/1/2013 2:18 PM
"I said I recognize that people are defined by what they do, not by attraction, feelings, or what they say they are."

YES, I UNDERSTAND THAT'S HOW YOU DEFINE PEOPLE IN REGARDS TO SEXUALITY.
Posted by bistiza on 5/1/2013 2:18:00 PM (view original):

Anyone can control their sexuality. You simply make the choice to be with someone of whatever gender you want. It's that simple. Whether you are attracted to them or not is beside the point - you still can make the choice, regardless of attraction.

I already gave myself as a hypothetical example of how someone can control their sexuality and choose whoever they want to be with, prompting someone to ignorantly suggest that I must be bisexual because they didn't understand that it was a hypothetical and didn't actually represent me personally. I then suggested that their logic indicated everyone was bisexual and they promptly stopped arguing that point.

That was not directed towards you.  You're also answering a different question.  Thanks.
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 5/1/2013 2:18:00 PM (view original):

That was not directed towards you.  You're also answering a different question.  Thanks.
And mike is specifically referencing attraction, which even bis admits is not something that can be controlled.
5/1/2013 2:20 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:11:00 PM (view original):
I made a ridiculous "How do you people dont have green blood?" question but deleted it because I understand the flaw in that argument.

I'm not an expert in sexual attraction.

I've asked the expert to provide some sources of his expertise.    He has yet to comply.
5/1/2013 2:22 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:15:00 PM (view original):
"You agreed that there might be some homosexuals who chose that lifestyle.   Some have argued that choosing to be homosexual does not mean you get the same rights to marriage.    Now we just need to sort out who chose to be a homosexual and who had the uncontrollable sexual attraction to the same sex.   Then we can argue who should be allowed to be legally married."

I'll use common sense (Why would a heterosexual choose to be in a homosexual relationship?) and personal experience and say at least 99% of people in homosexual relationships have an attraction to the same sex.  You will now ask "How do you know?!?!?" and I'll probably decide to ask you that question every time you make a statement regarding anything.
I think you know why hetero would choose that lifestyle.   You and your buddy have repeatedly pointed out how much more difficult the other option would be to choose.
5/1/2013 2:24 PM
Am I the expert you're referring to?

Does it make your vagina less itchy if I start with "in my opinion?"

In my opinion, sexual attraction is not a choice. Better? Jesus Christ.

Do think think sexual attraction is a choice? If so, based on what?
5/1/2013 2:24 PM
Why would a heterosexual choose to be in a homosexual relationship?

There are any number of possible reasons. Maybe they want more variety in their life. Maybe they seek more acceptance from others. Maybe they decided they want to explore whatever portion of them is attracted to the same gender. Those are just a few possibilities.
personal experience and say at least 99% of people in homosexual relationships have an attraction to the same sex.

Can you ever see anything outside of "personal experience"? You haven't shown much ability to do so yet.

5/1/2013 2:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:15:00 PM (view original):

I think you know why hetero would choose that lifestyle.   You and your buddy have repeatedly pointed out how much more difficult the other option would be to choose.
Huh? I have no idea why a heterosexual would choose a homosexual relationship. Mind sharing?
5/1/2013 2:32 PM
YES, I UNDERSTAND THAT'S HOW YOU DEFINE PEOPLE IN REGARDS TO SEXUALITY.

No, you do NOT understand.

This is NOT "how I define people". It is how LOGICAL REASONING defines people - I simply choose to recognize it, while you deny it whenever it fits your agenda.
5/1/2013 2:32 PM
First, I'm not saying sexual attraction should be controlled.

Second, I think a lot of things can be controlled but we, as a people, choose not to.  Behavior can be changed.   So the real question is "Can the inner workings that control that behavior be changed?"   I think so.   Clockwork Orange-type ****.
5/1/2013 2:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...115|116|117|118|119...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.